Login

russian armor

Could use a Review in helping my Allies game get stronger.

9 May 2015, 03:48 AM

and

Could use some pointers, I'm open to anything.

I'm SMK that game.

Also hell yes Partisans.
9 May 2015, 04:10 AM

This must be a troll post :banana:
9 May 2015, 04:35 AM

Well. 4v4's don't really give a very good sample of play. I'll have a crack, but I won't be able to comment on strategy, just tactics and execution.
9 May 2015, 07:15 AM

Alrighty! Thanks for putting your play on display wanting to improve. Although I only watched the first game, it was certainly unique.

I suppose I ought to congratulate you for winning a game with such an unorthodox style. Not having a single rifle squad certainly put yourself at a disadvantage; however, generally speaking, despite your good use of volley fire and fighting positions, these are no substitutes for riflemen. By forgoing rifles, you are ignoring one of the USF’s greatest strengths and this became an issue once your opponent’s volksgrenadiers earned veterancy and started pushing you back. Usually an extra RE squad will help you flank an MG or a Kubelwagon, or gain map control on larger maps, or smaller game modes, but otherwise will become a liability as the game progresses, RE's are not effective combat infantry.

Whether or not the early ambulance is a good idea is up for debate, it can help your team mates tremendously, but also set you back. What isn't debatable is the loss when you lose the first one like you did. You need to make sure to be careful with these units, they are expensive, delay your tech progression and allow your opponent a foot in the game.

The Captain is a good choice which suits your defensive style, but the Stuarts do not perform well, and the use of the 57mm without any light vehicles or armor on the field puts you at a further disadvantage against an army composing of infantry. Thus, I liked the adaptation to Lieutenant to get a bit more suppression power from the .50cal, but again, this can be avoided by utilizing a more stable build order and including units from the battalion. Much like RE’s not being a substitute for riflemen, Armor isn’t a suitable substitute for the Major or your battalion tech. Your M10 failed to give you any return on your investment and an M4A3 Sherman and their HE rounds, or M8 Scott’s would have really helped against their heavy Volks army composition.

If you do decide to adhere closer to the state of the game, one of our senior strategists has wrote a good guide here, which although specifically for the Infantry Company, includes really solid, adaptable build orders, which are well defined, explaining what to build, when and why, http://www.coh2.org/guides/33076/infantry-company-guide

Again, thank you for sharing, it isn't easy asking for feedback and I hope what little I've posted helps you at least somewhat. 1v1's are generally much easier to review and tax your skill set a lot more as a player, exposing your deficiencies and letting your strengths shine. Finally if there's anyway in which you think I could improve my feedback, don't hesitate to post.

Thanks.
9 May 2015, 08:01 AM

I'll remember all that you said.
9 May 2015, 08:26 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak