Login

russian armor

Original factions: too much locked behind commanders

8 May 2015, 22:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 20:43 PMOhme

Inverse is being realistic, that's all. There is a clear pattern of releasing new content over re-vamping old content. A lot of design time would be spent reworking the old factions, and wouldn't provide them with any money for the effort.

Someone needs to reconcile the idea that it's all about money with the fact that the vanilla factions each have 7 commanders you cannot get in the store...

8 May 2015, 22:08 PM
Patrion 28

Something that people tend to forget, or maybe have not realised, is that some (4 each) of the Core Commanders for the vanilla factions are also designed to be used in 1941 TOW.

The compromises involved in that design objective tend to mean that they aren't that hot in the 1944-45 setting of automatch.

If you take those out of the equation, there is a lot less redundant overlap; and I suspect that Relic have learnt from that and we will no longer see Commanders designed to do dual duty like that.

pretty sure it's three but point taken. with that said, none of those commanders are actually bad, at least for OKH. they're not amazing either but one of them is the only other commander with stuka smoke and has the halftrack callin, which is at least fun.
8 May 2015, 22:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

pretty sure it's three but point taken. with that said, none of those commanders are actually bad, at least for OKH. they're not amazing either but one of them is the only other commander with stuka smoke and has the halftrack callin, which is at least fun.

I might need to check OKH, it's definitely 4 for Soviets, and those are way off-meta because of the lack of call ins:

Reserve
Shock
Combined Arms
Guard Rifle Combined

And the two Common non-1941:

Shock Rifle
Guard Motor

I would need to check because I believe which ones it is varies from mission to mission, but it could be all 5 from:

Infantry, Mechanised, Festung Armour, Festung Support, Blitzkrieg

And one that is definitely non-1941 is:

Jaeger Armour

8 May 2015, 22:36 PM
Patrion 28

I might need to check OKH, it's definitely 4 for Soviets, and those are way off-meta because of the lack of call ins:

Reserve
Shock
Combined Arms
Guard Rifle Combined

And the two Common non-1941:

Shock Rifle
Guard Motor

I would need to check because I believe which ones it is varies from mission to mission, but it could be all 5 from:

Infantry, Mechanised, Festung Armour, Festung Support, Blitzkrieg

And one that is definitely non-1941 is:

Jaeger Armour

i thought originally it was just three, at least for OKH, and then they unlocked all of them. there was/is a command IV/spotting scope one, the stuka smoke/250 one, and another which i don't remember.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 39
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment