Login

russian armor

(4 - 6) Westwall

30 Apr 2015, 11:08 AM
Benefactor 225

Hello again guys, long time no map. Here's a new map set on the western front, population limit 150. It's a 3v3 winter map that features no blizzards or deep snow. The key feature is a large wall of fortifications; the Siegfried line. The line will prevent vehicles moving easily - forcing movement through a narrow chokepoint between the trees. You can open up the battlefield by cutting wire and planting demolition charges.

I've stuck to the same kind of territory layout as I had for the map 'fortified factories'. Once the wall is destroyed, the fuel points are more likely to change possession, leading to more action near the side VPs. The nearest munitions points are also near the fuel on the other side of the wall, encouraging a tactical advance. My aim with these maps was to appeal to both chokepoint-map players and competitive players by allowing players to decide how and where to bust the chokepoint wide open.

I started this map about nine months ago, and a lot of life stuff got in the way. Fun-fact: it beat out the filesize of Narva River by 1 MB. I am glad to have finally finished it. Special thanks to Sarantini for a tutorial that helpled me out. Here are some screenshots, more are on the workshop page. Thanks for taking a look and I hope you enjoy the map :)

30 Apr 2015, 15:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

With what did I help you out? cant remember :D

Map looks nice from the screenshots, I find it hard to make a melting snow map look good
3 May 2015, 14:28 PM
Benefactor 225

Thanks, it was the tutorial you posted on setting buildings to be burning upon the start of a map :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★