Login

russian armor

Double T34/85s and PrettyEasy Eight

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
1 May 2015, 15:59 PM

I wouldn want a rng free coh2 either. I think its the rng that makes this game feel more dynamic and alive, it adds more soul to it. A rts game purely based on strict math doesnt sound fun to me.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it ;)

Though I agree, a little RnG here n there adds flavour. But it's like salt, you just need a dash, Relic has chucked in 3 tablespoons :/
1 May 2015, 16:13 PM

I wouldn want a rng free coh2 either. I think its the rng that makes this game feel more dynamic and alive, it adds more soul to it. A rts game purely based on strict math doesnt sound fun to me.

You know RNG is math based right? All RTS's have RNG to some degree, it's just that Relic decided to crank it up to 11 mostly through lack of foresight.

I can't really blame the initial guy who put plane crashes in, as he probably didn't know how bad they would become.
1 May 2015, 16:49 PM

You know RNG is math based right? All RTS's have RNG to some degree, it's just that Relic decided to crank it up to 11 mostly through lack of foresight.

I can't really blame the initial guy who put plane crashes in, as he probably didn't know how bad they would become.

I know that RNG is math based?

Excuse me, i didnt explain "strict math"

"strict math" = starcraft 2 level of rng
1 May 2015, 20:42 PM

Permanently Banned

If you think Soviets and Allies are so OP, why don't you play with them?

Can confirm, switched to soviets. Doing better with them than I've ever done with ost. Just the sheer fact of not having to fear for one shots makes the faction so much less stressful.
2 May 2015, 00:42 AM

Can confirm, switched to soviets. Doing better with them than I've ever done with ost. Just the sheer fact of not having to fear for one shots makes the faction so much less stressful.

Must not have been playing much to think one-shots don't happen for the Soviets.
2 May 2015, 00:46 AM
Patrion 28

they happen but it's much less likely for a lot of reasons.
3 May 2015, 04:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Scripts stand pretty close together out of cover, but Volks stand in fucking close order out of cover.
3 May 2015, 05:54 AM

I know that RNG is math based?

Excuse me, i didnt explain "strict math"

"strict math" = starcraft 2 level of rng

Not really.I'm not a SC player but from what I've seen, you can say that there is no RNG in SC (Or was you post sarcastic?).

A bit Off-topic but RNG should be on things like small arms (accuracy and stuff) and armor penetration (and stuff), not on explosive weapons. Just tone down all Nukes (Demos, 120, stuka, Sturmpanzer, greandes etc). Or, make them like WP barrage, so they can't kill but they reduce the HP to 1.
3 May 2015, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2015, 05:54 AMRMMLz

Not really.I'm not a SC player but from what I've seen, you can say that there is no RNG in SC (Or was you post sarcastic?).

A bit Off-topic but RNG should be on things like small arms (accuracy and stuff) and armor penetration (and stuff), not on explosive weapons. Just tone down all Nukes (Demos, 120, stuka, Sturmpanzer, greandes etc). Or, make them like WP barrage, so they can't kill but they reduce the HP to 1.

starcraft 2 level of rng can also be 0, but doesnt have to be.

I wanted to express "very little if anything" with it.
3 May 2015, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2015, 00:42 AMacosn
Must not have been playing much to think one-shots don't happen for the Soviets.
It happens quite often with the King Tiger. One shot, 6 men down. I think that tank needs a complete overhaul. Less splash and ROF, more armor and health, better vet.

Can´t get a clue out of this unit. One time it´s completely useless and the other time it annihilates everything.
3 May 2015, 15:20 PM

It happens quite often with the King Tiger. One shot, 6 men down. I think that tank needs a complete overhaul. Less splash and ROF, more armor and health, better vet.

Can´t get a clue out of this unit. One time it´s completely useless and the other time it annihilates everything.

When exactly does the KT suck. Its always a scary beast.
3 May 2015, 15:27 PM

When exactly does the KT suck. Its always a scary beast.
Someone made a whole thread about it.

It´s somewhat overpriced comparing it to Soviet call ins. Also it´s only useful on the defense in my experience. So using it is very restrictive. I would like to see it become a breakthrough tank. Currently it can´t do that. On higher ranks it´s good to guard a VP. But that´s it. In an even game you can´t use it to attack. Mabe push some meters forwards, but then you have to get out there asap.

It especially sucks versus Jacksons. While I have no problem with that in general, it´s frustrating that you often can´t escape from them at all, even with good micro.
3 May 2015, 15:42 PM

Someone made a whole thread about it.

It´s somewhat overpriced comparing it to Soviet call ins. Also it´s only useful on the defense in my experience. So using it is very restrictive. I would like to see it become a breakthrough tank. Currently it can´t do that. On higher ranks it´s good to guard a VP. But that´s it. In an even game you can´t use it to attack. Mabe push some meters forwards, but then you have to get out there asap.

It especially sucks versus Jacksons. While I have no problem with that in general, it´s frustrating that you often can´t escape from them at all, even with good micro.

That means that Tiger and IS2 are only useful on the defense too by your logic. The KT is clearly superior to both of these heavies and has a gun thats actually reliable.
3 May 2015, 17:54 PM

That means that Tiger and IS2 are only useful on the defense too by your logic. The KT is clearly superior to both of these heavies and has a gun thats actually reliable.
That would be true if:

- The King Tiger had Pak/ Zis support
- A single Tiger or IS-2 would consume all your fuel, which they don´t (no tech, 400 fuel float)
- The King Tiger was actually on par with both vehicles mobility
3 May 2015, 17:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It´s somewhat overpriced comparing it to Soviet call ins.

Yeah but everything is overpriced compared to late-game call-in vehicles, that's why everyone's using late-game call-in vehicles.
3 May 2015, 19:07 PM

Not really, the only thing it has superior to the IS2 is the main gun and that's it. The IS2 has much, much better mobility allowing it to assault enemy positions and get away without taking to much damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxkkWdUJauQ&t=36m00s&t=36m39s&t=36m39s&t=36m39s&t=36m39s
3 May 2015, 19:52 PM

the kt moves like my gran. it's circle strafe bait. :\
3 May 2015, 19:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not really, the only thing it has superior to the IS2 is the main gun and that's it. The IS2 has much, much better mobility allowing it to assault enemy positions and get away without taking to much damage.

240 HP ain't peanuts
3 May 2015, 20:17 PM

It is when your stuck sitting in the line of fire much longer
3 May 2015, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tons of people complain IS-2s are too tough, and an IS-2 with 240 more HP wouldn't be tough either?

I don't think the unit perfect myself, though.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS