Login

russian armor

American Base howitzer

23 Apr 2015, 12:55 PM

After all oficers ate bought a buyable 155mm howitzer appears in you tier 0. Expensive but requires no cap.

So it can be used defensively. Works like a priest. Helps late game only.
23 Apr 2015, 12:58 PM

what're you on about?
23 Apr 2015, 13:12 PM

23 Apr 2015, 13:16 PM

When you buy all officers as usf as a reward for teching you can by a howitzer. It might be more realistic to purchase the ability to buy it. Then have to build it with RE's. Essentially haveing to purchase it twice.

I was thinking it just appeared in you're base. Reducing its ability to assault bases. And cutting the cap. But realisticly, it should just be like the Su 152mm. Or Maby not. What do ya'll think?
23 Apr 2015, 13:18 PM

To make up for Usf shit artillery. That's why. And lack of stock indirect fire you fool!
23 Apr 2015, 13:20 PM

using the word "reward" there is particularly amusing.
23 Apr 2015, 18:39 PM

da fuq is this kid on
23 Apr 2015, 20:16 PM

Why does usf have the worst artillery. Riflemen right. Or bars Maby.
23 Apr 2015, 20:24 PM

I think he's talking about how usf doesn't really have a good non doc artillery unit. They definitely need something, but I don't think it's this.
23 Apr 2015, 20:29 PM

I think he's talking about how usf doesn't really have a good non doc artillery unit. They definitely need something, but I don't think it's this.

Don't worry, the brits are coming, I'm sure everyone will be tired of artillery soon enough.
23 Apr 2015, 20:48 PM

Don't worry, the brits are coming, I'm sure everyone will be tired of artillery soon enough.

Imagine the rage that we will see if brits end up having a rifle grenade on their main line infantry like the grenadier riflegrenade :foreveralone:
23 Apr 2015, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 20:48 PMBurts

Imagine the rage that we will see if brits end up having a rifle grenade on their main line infantry like the grenadier riflegrenade :foreveralone:

OMG MG42 doesn't suppress Brit Rifle Section before it can nade buff MG52 range!

OMG Brit 2in mortar too cheap/accurate nerf nerf!

OMG 17pdr pens KT buff KT armour!

Etc. etc.
23 Apr 2015, 21:15 PM
Donator 11

OMG MG42 doesn't suppress Brit Rifle Section before it can nade buff MG52 range!

OMG Brit 2in mortar too cheap/accurate nerf nerf!

OMG 17pdr pens KT buff KT armour!

Etc. etc.

We will definitely see that. But this guy here, the OP, will be like: Brits are so good. Why usf cannot have all cool things that brits have keeping ofc the things they have right now?

To OP: Maybe it's true only in my part of the ladder but in my opinion usf is the strongest faction right now, it needs no real tweaks.
23 Apr 2015, 21:23 PM

To OP: Maybe it's true only in my part of the ladder but in my opinion usf is the strongest faction right now, it needs no real tweaks.

That's only true in 1v1. Their usefulness drops off alarmingly fast as game size goes up.
23 Apr 2015, 21:34 PM

That's only true in 1v1. Their usefulness drops off alarmingly fast as game size goes up.
And their lack of a good barrage unit is a large part of it. In 1v1 you can always, harrass whichever two points he isn't defending well if your opponent gets too defensive. But with two players or more it's easier to span your defenses a wider.

In 2v2 up it's really common for axis players to build a strong defensive with just a few MGs, paks, and OKW buildings. It's almost impossible for US players to punish this type of play since the only good barrage unit is the priest, which is only in one doctrine. USSR has the katyusha, OKW the stuka, and ostheer the panzerwerfer. Pack howitzers and M8 are both mortar like attrition weapons and aren't able to do that type of offensive damage quick enough to cover the same role as the rocket artillery units.
23 Apr 2015, 22:05 PM

Okay, can OKW have a howitzer to because currently it has 1 indirect fire unit. Versus the Mortar HT and Priest.

The infantry support howitzers/field guns are made to be used like the ZiS barrage, fired directly into enemy armies, not used for indirect fire support like mortars.
23 Apr 2015, 22:08 PM
Patrion 15

In 2v2 up it's really common for axis players to build a strong defensive with just a few MGs, paks, and OKW buildings. It's almost impossible for US players to punish this type of play since the only good barrage unit is the priest, which is only in one doctrine. USSR has the katyusha, OKW the stuka, and ostheer the panzerwerfer. Pack howitzers and M8 are both mortar like attrition weapons and aren't able to do that type of offensive damage quick enough to cover the same role as the rocket artillery units.

Yeah I've struggled against this a bit - particularly with a Pak43 up there comes a point in the late mid-game where your pushes no longer gain ground but just bleed your units, but you've no true camp punishing artillery to break the line if you've not gone infantry company.
23 Apr 2015, 22:09 PM

Okay, can OKW have a howitzer to because currently it has 1 indirect fire unit. Versus the Mortar HT and Priest.

The infantry support howitzers/field guns are made to be used like the ZiS barrage, fired directly into enemy armies, not used for indirect fire support like mortars.
You always have to find some way to make every thread into a buff OKW thread don't you?
23 Apr 2015, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2015, 22:08 PMUS3K

Yeah I've struggled against this a bit - particularly with a Pak43 up there comes a point in the late mid-game where your pushes no longer gain ground but just bleed your units, but you've no true camp punishing artillery to break the line if you've not gone infantry company.
Pak-43 is notably hard to deal with especially considering the M8 has the same range as it and can't be used as a counter. If an m8 tries to hit it, the Pak will just one shot it right back.

I was planning on making a dedicated thread about USF and defensive play later.
23 Apr 2015, 22:17 PM

You always have to find some way to make every thread into a buff OKW thread don't you?

Not really, just pointing our the fact USF actually does have some options for indirect fire they don't need to pay 151 fuel for.

Both WFA factions are skimpy on indirect fire tbh.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★