Login

russian armor

How Do You Counter The IS-2?

19 May 2015, 18:02 PM

Definitely Jagd is the better option with raket and shreks.
30 May 2015, 03:21 AM

I'm having a lot of difficulty countering this unit in 1v1. My typical build is multiple Volks squads with a Raketenwerfer and med truck into Panzerfusiliers and a Jagdpanzer IV, and it's not working against the IS-2. The Jagdpanzer can slug it out with the IS-2, but if there's a ZiS around you can't win - and even if there isn't, the Jagdpanzer is still unlikely to kill the IS-2.

Multiple Panzershrecks can work, I guess, but they don't reliably penetrate the IS-2's armour and getting enough hits on the vehicle to kill it is tricky when you're also dodging various Soviet infantry units.

Panther is in pretty much the same boat as the Jagdpanzer, except it's even more expensive.

Haven't tried multiple Pumas. Not sure if that might work, although I'm somewhat dubious.

Getting a King Tiger, Jagdtiger, or multiple Panthers or Jagdpanzers involves accumulating a prohibitively large amount of fuel. I don't really see any of those options as viable tbh.

Any suggestions?

Playing defensively, I've had good luck with JP4's. I use Panzerfusiliers most every game so I try to grenade the IS2 if it gets too aggressive. I usually try to have one PF, a raketen, and maybe a shrek squad somewhere around the JP4 (with the caveat that you really, really don't want the IS2 shooting at the shrek squad because it seems to wipe squads really well). I've destroyed up to 4-5 IS2's in a 1v1, including some battles that pitted 2 IS2's vs a JP4 and Panther (backed up with some amount of infantry). Can post a replay if you're interested (with the warning that I've only been playing OKW 1v1's since the last patch came out and my micro isn't the best).

PS - I never get enough fuel in 1v1's to get multiple heavies or even a single KT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★