Login

russian armor

Why is the IS2 accuracy so bad?

19 Apr 2015, 14:59 PM

It does do deflection damage, and yes the Tiger is better AI. Although I would say versus USF mostly since the IS2 is normally shooting at 4 men squads while the Tiger is shooting at 5 and 6 men squads.

The big weakness as you point out of the heavy's is they have low DPS, but the IS-2's 375 frontal armor and high speed means it can get in and out of sticky situations faster than a Tiger or KT can.

Tiger has blitzkrieg and can have doctrinal smoke canisters.
King Tiger has combat blitz.

They can get out of sticky situations just as easily as an IS-2.
20 Apr 2015, 00:53 AM
20 Apr 2015, 04:53 AM

Permanently Banned
The accuracy is pretty bad, but I fear it would squad wipe constantly and become the most cost effective/best heavy tank in game by a large margin if it had the same scatter/acc as say a tiger. This thing has a problem with missing but its still very much rng 1 shot wipe squads and support crews. More so than tanks such as tiger. Due to squad size disparity.
20 Apr 2015, 06:33 AM

It atm already is the best tank in the game (besides the KT) in my opinion, so why buff it even further?

As a German player it feels like 9 out of 10 shots bounce of its armour and I don't really think that it has any problems with killing and destroying stuff. You need about 3 Paks to slowly damage the IS-2 while it mostly kills 2 or 3 models from a Pak with a single shot and eliminates the rest with it's very strong DshK top MG while reloading the main gun.

The IS-2 wins 1v1 against a single tiger which is the best tank the Ostheer can get.
It can even stand it's ground for a while against two tigers.

The IS-2 is, if not too strong, in a very good place at the moment.
20 Apr 2015, 07:15 AM

It does do deflection damage, and yes the Tiger is better AI. Although I would say versus USF mostly since the IS2 is normally shooting at 4 men squads while the Tiger is shooting at 5 and 6 men squads.

The big weakness as you point out of the heavy's is they have low DPS, but the IS-2's 375 frontal armor and high speed means it can get in and out of sticky situations faster than a Tiger or KT can.

It doesn't for well over a year.

Another bs gunned down.

And stop the bullshit about IS-2 being fast. Its not.
Sure, it is compared to JT or ele, but its not fast so stop spitting it out already.
Blitzing Tiger and KT are still faster then it and IS-2 having no defensive abilities that Tiger can have means it have MORE PROBLEMS getting out of bad situations then Tiger.
20 Apr 2015, 07:36 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 07:15 AMKatitof

It doesn't for well over a year.

Another bs gunned down.

And stop the bullshit about IS-2 being fast. Its not.
Sure, it is compared to JT or ele, but its not fast so stop spitting it out already.
Blitzing Tiger and KT are still faster then it and IS-2 having no defensive abilities that Tiger can have means it have MORE PROBLEMS getting out of bad situations then Tiger.

Well I surely wouldn't consider the is2 slow. Speaking from personal experience. The is2 has such good survivability partly due to its speed. Its the most maneuverable heavy tank in game. Tigers and king tigers may have blitz. But having passively higher speed and having the same or more armor is more effective than a short term speed boost.

While I'm not trying to imply that is2s need nerfs or germans need buffs. I'm merely saying speed definitely is an advantage for the is2. Quit trying to downplay it.
20 Apr 2015, 07:50 AM

Well I surely wouldn't consider the is2 slow. Speaking from personal experience. The is2 has such good survivability partly due to its speed. Its the most maneuverable heavy tank in game. Tigers and king tigers may have blitz. But having passively higher speed and having the same or more armor is more effective than a short term speed boost.

While I'm not trying to imply that is2s need nerfs or germans need buffs. I'm merely saying speed definitely is an advantage for the is2. Quit trying to downplay it.

Its 0.3 speed difference.
Its faster, but not fast enough to guarantee that speed will save it or help it chase down anything.
Its not slow, but calling it fast isn't exactly the most accurate statement either.
20 Apr 2015, 14:38 PM

Can't agree more. If you buff the IS2 then you need to buff the Tigers AT ability too. Guess we aren't trying to get away from call-in meta after all..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★