Login

russian armor

A letter to Relic COH2 Game balance team

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
8 Apr 2015, 23:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2015, 23:22 PMGiaA

Truck pushing is an exploit that is not intended by the devs so you can't compare it to units being overpowered. Also: How do you want to nerf truck pushing ? It's either in the game or not. There's nothing in between.

check change log . It got nerfed already.

All I am asking is give truck 0.5 armor.......
8 Apr 2015, 23:53 PM

Truck pushing is stupid and broken, how can you defend this free unit easy win bull shit? Good riddance!
Neo
9 Apr 2015, 00:05 AM

Thread should be renamed into "Large list of bad balance ideas".
9 Apr 2015, 00:06 AM
Donator 11

Truck pushing is stupid and broken, how can you defend this free unit easy win bull shit? Good riddance!

maybe u can tell me how OKW beat cons spam or rifle spam early game.

or maybe a custom game I will show u how OKW weak as is.
9 Apr 2015, 00:07 AM

Friend made a bingo card for .org, almost got bingo right on the first two pages lol

9 Apr 2015, 00:22 AM

maybe u can tell me how OKW beat cons spam or rifle spam early game.

or maybe a custom game I will show u how OKW weak as is.

Kubel + Sturm pios + 1 cp Mgs? Come on, you are pro. Watch the game between Juslin (OKW) vs Quentin (USF) and see how he handled Vet Rifle Spam early game into mid.
9 Apr 2015, 00:24 AM

Friend made a bingo card for .org, almost got bingo right on the first two pages lol

Nobody cares Alex, blog some where else.
9 Apr 2015, 00:33 AM

I honestly don't understand this post at all. I feel that something must have been lost in translation. Your post poorly worded and with many grammar mistakes (this is fine, we understand English is not your first language), however, I feel that it has crossed a line where your errors are impeding our understanding of your intentions.

Dear Relic COH2 Game balance team:
Hi! My name is PauL.a.D. I am the host of HOI, Heart of Iron clan. Now I’m Ranked #1 Chinese in Coh2. (USF #1 OKW #6 Soviet #1 OSTHEER #1 in 1v1). There are a lot of Chinese player in this game and they LOVE it. However after last patch at March 31rst 2015, they made lots of complaint towards balance. Here are my opinions:
First: The core combatants of some factions got altered a lot in last patch.
Truck-push tactic got nerfed, which I’ll accept, but please my dear Relic. Please don’t nerf the truck to the ground. You are here to balance the game, not to destroy some of the tactic once and for all. I am the one who was well known to use truck-push effectively, but now. I am forced not to do so. I think truck’s Armor need to be set to 3.5, but instead truck killing award about 2000 exp, enough for any units to gain veteran. That will be good for balance. At least I can still truck-push it:)

1. Soviet SNIPER nerf: It’s good and reasonable, although I feel a bit down since I always like double sniper. Soviet sniper now cost 320MP.Why the fuck does anyone care whether or not you feel 'down'? Your emotional attachment to a unit does not dictate unit balance. This is not intended as an insult; I am legitimately confused by your line of argument.

2. Obersoldaten nerf : It’s reasonable but a bit too harsh, Guards troops with DP28 have more dps output than Ober with Mg34, and way cheaper and easy to get in early game. I think it’s better to set Mg34 at 40muni or buff the dmg back to 8. As for Mp44 upgrade, it’s still good, a better option than before. And I Think if there is an option that after OBER get the LMG34 and spend 90 muni more for 1 STG 44. That will be good idea. So it will be 1 LMG34 1 STG44 cost total 130 muni. Your original concern is that the LMG34 does not deal enough damage. Why do you then propose allowing obers to upgrade both weapons? How does having two useless weapons address your concern that the weapons are useless?

Furthermore, you seem to lack a fundamental knowledge of game design, despite your high ranking. Allowing a unit to excel at both long and short ranges defeats the purpose of dedicated long and short range units. This idea should be rejected out of hand, based on nothing else than fundamental design principles.

3. New Bulletin: OBER’s upgrade cost 8% less munitions. Why???

4. Volksgrenadiers Vet 3 set to Passive Healing, -15% received accuracy. Why??

5. LE IG 18 Infantry Support Gun now has 6 man crew. Why??

6. King Tiger Set it 400 front armor. (when u have KT soviet should have enough fuel call in 2 IS2) and the vet 3 'Spearhead' ability now adding -15% reload + 10% range. Please IS-2 vet 3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration and KT got nothing???
Set KT Cost 700 MP and 250 FUEL. You think the KT needs a buff to its stats, but then you also advocate a reduction in cost. Why do you feel the need to do two changes at once? Imagine a scientist changing two variables per experiment. This is poor balance philosophy. Do you mean EITHER reduce cost OR give spearhead a buff?

7. IS2- and TIGER I‘s main gun damage set it to 180. Please they are heavy tanks. 88mm and 122mm mean something, they CAN DEAL more dmg than 75mm or 3 inch gun Why??

8. M4A3E8 set it to Front armor 235 rear 105. 720 HP. Cost 460 MP and 155 fuel. Please give USF a tank that can deal with panther. More powerful but more expensive . The M4AE8 is still cheaper than the panther, even after your cost increases. Why should the Easy 8 then be better than the panther?

9. All sherman’s smoke screen should cost 40 munitions. Why??

10. Fallschirmjäger Now cost 400 MP to call in. Airborne Assault now cost 200 munitions. Why??

11. 2CP - Signal Relay cost 30 munitions. Emergency Repairs cost 30 munitions . Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells cost 35 munitions. Panzer IV Ausf J now comes with armor skirt and it cost 680 MP and 190 fuel. (Elite Armour Doc is just useless now, have some buff won’t hurt and is good for sale). I agree that Elite armour is useless, but you can't just say "it's useless because I'm a top 10 player. Your argument must be justified, as does mine, and every argument in a proper discussion.

12. Infiltration Tactics cost 20 munitions. why?? Why is 20 a better number than 19 or 21?

13. Flak Emplacements do not cost popcap. Why??

14. Stormtroopers now cost 400 MP to call in and it have 5 man, 10 pop. MP44 and anti tank combat package can upgrade at the same time. 60 munitions for 3 X MP44. 60 munitions for at package. Break supply line can now destroy cache at once. Break through now cost 30 fuel. Close the pocket now cost 180 munitions. Why??

15. G43 package upgrade for Ostheer GRENS need to be more expensive but more powerful, G43 can now upgrade with LMG42 but cost more. Total 120 muni. (45 for G43 than LMG cost 75 or 60 for LMG than 60 for G43). Same logic as above in obersoldaten

16. Command PZ IV now need 7 CP to call in. Why??

17. Command Panther need 9 CP to call in. Coordinated Fire now cost 55 munitions. Why??

18. PTRS Accuracy set to 0.20 / 0.40 / 0.50 (Don’t u think PTRS SPAM is way too OP???) I also think that North Korea should embrace democracy, but what I think isn't a valid reasaon for balancing a video game.

19. Pioneers Sight set to 40. Why??

20. USF M2 FLAMER now COST 70 munitions. Why??

21. USF BAR now cost 50 munitions. Cost 150 MP 25 fuel to unlock. Why??

22. USF Bazooka now cost 55 munitions. Why??

23. GUARDS DP LMG now COST 60 munitions. Why??

24. Sturm Offizier’s force retreat now cost 45 munitions. And it will not inspires nearby units Why??

25. SU-76 Now cost 250 MP 50 FUEL ,POP 7. PEN now 125/110/100 Light Artillery Barrage CD 40 seconds. Why exactly do you think these changes, and SPECIFICALLY THESE CHANGES, will help the SU76?

26. Sdkfz 251 don’t need Battle phase 2 to unlock Flame projectors. Why??

Hope this letter will open a portal for us player to advice for Relic Balance team.

Live Long and Prosper

Written by -HOI-PauL.a.D.
Edited by -HOI-Yakumo Yukari. Get a better editor
Checked by some top ten player. Who??

Again, this post is not a personal attack. I feel that your lack of English, in this case, is presenting a serious barrier to our communication.
9 Apr 2015, 00:34 AM

I can agree with a lot of the points on the list, but the SWS does not need any buffs, even a minor 0.5 armour. CoH 2 was terrible when truck crushing was a thing (and I was pretty upset at how many genuinely good players abused the crap out of it, ruining automatch for a long time) and the only difference that truck PUSHING had was that the skill level required for it to be abused effectively was fairly higher.
9 Apr 2015, 00:36 AM

Nobody cares Alex, blog some where else.

Bingo again!

Kubel + Sturm pios + 1 cp Mgs? Come on, you are pro. Watch the game between Juslin (OKW) vs Quentin (USF) and see how he handled Vet Rifle Spam early game into mid.

That's not a refutation of his points, it's evidence in support of them.
9 Apr 2015, 00:40 AM
Donator 11

why OKW need that much unit to deal with rifleman spam.

why rifleman have to A-move to win and OKW need to micro tons to keep it safe.

OMFG
9 Apr 2015, 00:55 AM

many people in COH2.org are Allies,they never play Alex at all.
the main thing for the game balance now is the player of Alex will have to play even harder than Allies but still cannot beat them, even though they are same level players.
also, it looks like people only focus on how you talks about the truck pushing, have to say it is quite annoying for many players.
But anyway, its nice to see you stand out and give those advice.
9 Apr 2015, 00:56 AM
Donator 11

I honestly don't understand this post at all. I feel that something must have been lost in translation. Your post poorly worded and with many grammar mistakes (this is fine, we understand English is not your first language), however, I feel that it has crossed a line where your errors are impeding our understanding of your intentions.

Again, this post is not a personal attack. I feel that your lack of English, in this case, is presenting a serious barrier to our communication.

1. sniper with out sprint cant deal with mass of OKW blob or LMG blob. so need to reduce cost.

2. I accept that ober got nerfed. but need some adjustment. also if u dont agree with it u dont have to use bad word for it. again. okw gain less resource than every other faction.

3. OKW lack of resource.

4. VG is so weak.

5. after buff Support Gun still no one using it. need buff more.

6. like I says there. KT cost like 2 is-2 and clearly 2 IS-2 can out played KT.

7. they are heavy tanks.

8. can deal with panther. not own panther.

9. Smoke screen are too cheap to use.

10. they cost too high.

11. I dont know what to say to u.

12. Infiltration Tactics 10 ammo is cheaper than molotov

13. because is no one using it. and not cost effective

14. because is no one using it. and not cost effective.

15. dude it cost 120 ammo. and a demo can wipe any unit and it cost 90 ammo. or a mine 30 ammo.

16. 8 cp is too late. and because of the timming no one is using it.

17. like I say no one using it. and Coordinated Fire so cheap.

18. Please dont insult the great leadership over there (joke).

19-20. I dont bother to answer.
9 Apr 2015, 01:03 AM

If I didn't know u I would say L2P u Nazi fanboy, but sadly I do...
I'm the editor of this letter and I have something to say
1. Your english is too terrible that I have to guess the meaning first then edit it... Halfway through I get boring and stopped..
2. Seriouly, German would become far too op if your letter being accepted by relic
9 Apr 2015, 01:15 AM

If I didn't know u I would say L2P u Nazi fanboy, but sadly I do...
I'm the editor of this letter and I have something to say
1. Your english is too terrible that I have to guess the meaning first then edit it... Halfway through I get boring and stopped..
2. Seriouly, German would become far too op if your letter being accepted by relic

I don't think you should be judging his English and editing with what you just wrote.
9 Apr 2015, 01:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 01:15 AMShang

I don't think you should be judging his English and editing with what you just wrote.

I was just exaggerating....
We are chinese of coz we can discuss the details in mother tongue
It's just real pain to read his unedited letter
9 Apr 2015, 01:20 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 01:15 AMShang

well every one have his own opinion.
9 Apr 2015, 01:32 AM

I was just exaggerating....
We are chinese of coz we can discuss the details in mother tongue
It's just real pain to read his unedited letter

It's real pain to read both of your posts.
9 Apr 2015, 01:34 AM

snip respoding to my post

Many of your replies are the same as your original assertions. For example,

5. LE IG 18 Infantry Support Gun now has 6 man crew. Why??
Because after the buff, still nobody uses this

You have still failed to justify why your original proposal (6 man crew) will lead to more use of the LEIG. You have not explained what the problems with the LEIG are, and why your proposal will solve these problems.

For example, if the problem is that LEIG has terrible accuracy. Giving it 6 men or 100 men won't make it hit anything any better, so this will not solve the problem.

If
the problem is that LEIG costs too much, so that it comes out too late to make an impact compared to an early game mortar, then giving it 6 men won't fix the problem.

If the problem is that the LEIG is too easily flanked because of its short range, why not a range increase?

If the problem is that the LEIG dies too quickly to counter barrage fire, then your proposal may be perfect.

But unless you clearly state the problem with a certain unit or mechanic and explain why your proposal will fix this issue, nobody will understand your point of view and take you seriously. Including the relic balance team.

9 Apr 2015, 01:37 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 01:32 AMShang

It's real pain to read both of your posts.

\LOL
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Korea, Republic Of 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %