Login

russian armor

Is the King Tiger still worth 260 fuel?

PAGES (19)down
5 Apr 2015, 20:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn't really get the frontal armor reduction either. The things you could call issues with the KT was the blobs alongside it, Combat Blitz, and the rear armour still being immune to mediums (like every other heavy). Nerfing the frontal armour really didn't have much of a good purpose for any of those regards.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 10:22 AMBurts
Only thing about the KT is that it's veterancy buffs are absolutely downright pathetic. The king tiger is probaly the only axis vehicle that gets just absolutely useless veterancy stats.

Cruzz said the Spearhead ability increases sight...at the cost of reduced AoE, increased scatter, reduced rotation speed and locking the turret to 90 degrees in front of it.

'Cause people will totally want their giant death machine to make the rest of their forces see more at the cost of being less of a death machine.
5 Apr 2015, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2015, 20:01 PMVuther
I didn't really get the frontal armor reduction either. The things you could call issues with the KT was the blobs alongside it, Combat Blitz, and the rear armour still being immune to mediums (like every other heavy). Nerfing the frontal armour really didn't have much of a good purpose for any of those regard.

Cruzz said the Spearhead ability increases sight...at the cost of reduced AoE, increased scatter, reduced rotation speed and locking the turret to 90 degrees in front of it.

'Cause people will totally want their giant death machine to make the rest of their forces see more at the cost of being less of a death machine.

Agreed on this blobs that could muster aditional AT with shrecks made it impossible to take down not the armor of KT itself.
6 Apr 2015, 14:23 PM

If you think KT is now difficult to preserve than before, please learn to play with tanks. Don't be a moron and Yolo your KT like you use to. OKW actually needs to SUPPORT the KT now.
6 Apr 2015, 14:41 PM

If you think KT is now difficult to preserve than before, please learn to play with tanks. Don't be a moron and Yolo your KT like you use to. OKW actually needs to SUPPORT the KT now.

With what? Normally when you have a KT on the field you won't really have much else in armor, not to mention it's quite slow so you can't reverse out of sticky situations nearly as fast as the other tanks.

I fully support the Jackson buff, but now that literally everyone goes the PTRS Guards commanders mark target + button + Jacksons is painfully common which really makes the lower armor hurt combined with the slow speed.

6 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

With what? Normally when you have a KT on the field you won't really have much else in armor, not to mention it's quite slow so you can't reverse out of sticky situations nearly as fast as the other tanks.

I fully support the Jackson buff, but now that literally everyone goes the PTRS Guards commanders mark target + button + Jacksons is painfully common which really makes the lower armor hurt combined with the slow speed.

Volks, Obers and AT guns?
6 Apr 2015, 15:03 PM

I love Axis warrios tears. So much fun.
6 Apr 2015, 15:16 PM

Volks, Obers and AT guns?

Infantry only then? How quaint, those 35 range shreks will surely deter his 60 range tank destroyers and AT guns. Those Obers will simply strike fear into the heart of his Para's.

Ultimately the KT is very expensive and going for one is a waste when a more diverse army is much more powerful. I would rather have a Panther or JPIV to deal with enemy armor, and OKW doesn't have an issue dealing with enemy infantry anyway.

One might say the KT is simply "redundant".
6 Apr 2015, 15:39 PM

Some anecdote about the KT and IS-2 issue from my recent 1v1 OKW vs Sovs:

I denied his fuel for half the game.

Even before I could build a KT, he called in an IS-2. Long live the glorious IS-2 no tech meta.

Thus I had to call in a Panther.

The Panther then lost because a German anti tank vehicle obviously isn´t supposed to counter tanks. Raketenwerfer support was useless because of the pathetic range.

Conclusion about the pricing:

Even if half of the game your fuel is denied as Soviet, you can call in an IS-2. And if you hold both fuels as OKW, you still can´t afford a KT by that time.

What remains to support a KT in anti tank is actually pathetic. If you build a KT, you won´t have anything else for anti tank than Schrecks and Raketenwerfer. Every decent (in other terms: costing fuel) anti tank option throws back the KTs arrival. Thus if you see a KT on the field its support is most likely weak or you have hit the one hour mark in your game.

The price is just ridiculously high. Pre-patch I could at least tell myself it´s so high because the unit actually performs well. Now it´s overpriced shit.
6 Apr 2015, 15:47 PM

Some anecdote about the KT and IS-2 issue from my recent 1v1 OKW vs Sovs:

I denied his fuel for half the game.

Even before I could build a KT, he called in an IS-2. Long live the glorious IS-2 no tech meta.

Thus I had to call in a Panther.

The Panther then lost because a German anti tank vehicle obviously isn´t supposed to counter tanks. Raketenwerfer support was useless because of the pathetic range.

Conclusion about the pricing:

Even if half of the game your fuel is denied as Soviet, you can call in an IS-2. And if you hold both fuels as OKW, you still can´t afford a KT by that time.

What remains to support a KT in anti tank is actually pathetic. If you build a KT, you won´t have anything else for anti tank than Schrecks and Raketenwerfer. Every decent (in other terms: costing fuel) anti tank option throws back the KTs arrival. Thus if you see a KT on the field its support is most likely weak or you have hit the one hour mark in your game.

The price is just ridiculously high. Pre-patch I could at least tell myself it´s so high because the unit actually performs well. Now it´s overpriced shit.

Seems like he saved up all his fuel and did not tech for T3 or T4, how did you not take advantage of this? People here think that KT is mandatory, you could have built Luchs and harassed him the entire time and force him into T3-T4. THEN, your Panther could have been well used. Not to mention he is locked in a doctrine. KT should be a situation tank and not a mandatory built every game.
6 Apr 2015, 16:15 PM

I don't know what it was coded in minds of USF. seeing KT doesn't mean the game over you could still have 4-5 Jacksons with powerfull Sherman timing that hits even before OKW could have Panter. And if OKW player wanted to go KT you had even more units to influence the game because he can't afford any vehicles, all fuel goes to teching. For me this comunity is really wierd example of honor code everybody swears to his faction. For example one guy chooses Allies so he goes around forums sharing his experiences how Axis is op and how their tanks have no counters. The other guy choses Axis and goes around talking about how USF and Soviets are choking him early to mid game while his forces struggle to even keep map control. Problem is that truth is somewhere in the middle Axis wasn't insanely IMBA lategame and Allies earlygame wasn't unbeatable either. But Relic sees to have caught only the bad vibrations and nerfed Axis lategame (OKW vs USF and USF vs Ost(Jacksons vs Tigers)) and buffed Allies lategame (on USF part anyway) and to be honest kinda screwed game in the long run.
6 Apr 2015, 16:49 PM

Seems like he saved up all his fuel and did not tech for T3 or T4, how did you not take advantage of this? People here think that KT is mandatory, you could have built Luchs and harassed him the entire time and force him into T3-T4. THEN, your Panther could have been well used. Not to mention he is locked in a doctrine. KT should be a situation tank and not a mandatory built every game.

You know the Luchs is far more powerful against USF right? Soviets have a plethora of non t3 and t4 ways to deal with light tanks.

Guards which are great with the PTRS buff, AT guns, AT grenades, early ZiS, ect.

The problem is exactly that the KT is way way way to situational, you basically will never get one unless your stomping or are extremely desperate. All the units should see good use, not just arbitrarily stuck behind a huge price for the sake of a gimmick. OKW is already gimmicky enough as it is with the fact you can't get barely any tanks out so your only ever using less than a third of your units.
6 Apr 2015, 16:49 PM

It seems fine to me. Sure its more vulnerable to Jacksons, and it should be, similar to how the KT in coh1 would shit its pants at the sight of a Sherman firefly.

Cost could probably use a decrease though
6 Apr 2015, 16:59 PM

I don't know what it was coded in minds of USF. seeing KT doesn't mean the game over you could still have 4-5 Jacksons with powerfull Sherman timing that hits even before OKW could have Panter. And if OKW player wanted to go KT you had even more units to influence the game because he can't afford any vehicles, all fuel goes to teching. For me this comunity is really wierd example of honor code everybody swears to his faction. For example one guy chooses Allies so he goes around forums sharing his experiences how Axis is op and how their tanks have no counters. The other guy choses Axis and goes around talking about how USF and Soviets are choking him early to mid game while his forces struggle to even keep map control. Problem is that truth is somewhere in the middle Axis wasn't insanely IMBA lategame and Allies earlygame wasn't unbeatable either. But Relic sees to have caught only the bad vibrations and nerfed Axis lategame (OKW vs USF and USF vs Ost(Jacksons vs Tigers)) and buffed Allies lategame (on USF part anyway) and to be honest kinda screwed game in the long run.

ok first of 4-5 Jacksons :rofl:

Second off in the previous patch with said 4-5 jacksons how did you manage the Obers and shreck blobs? I have never sworn by any particular faction, I love playing them all (too bad I'm a hipster and couldnt bring myself to play OKW much the past few months :ot: ) but in a 1v1 or 2v2 even match, It was really hard to deal with the behemoth that was. At least now Allies can consistently deal with the tank rather than praying to the RNG gods and hoping to penetrate. See we all want Consistent influence-able play (reason why nobody likes plane crashes), With the prior armor the glass cannons of Jacksons were very inconsistent and made it frustrating to play against. Further more nothing short of an IS2 did reliable damage to it meaning that even if you try to counter it appropriately it was still a huge uphill battle (there is a video of a KT driving into a mine in front of 4 Zis guns and killing them).

Blitz was a terribly unfair ability that did not deserve to be on a super heavy tank. Blitz single-handedly countered jacksons.

This patch in terms of the KT made it countering it more influence-able and got rid of the ridiculous Blitz mechanic which allowed Terrible play go unpunished.

The KT still is a monster of a tank, you just now have to play well with it now like all tanks
6 Apr 2015, 17:19 PM

Second off in the previous patch with said 4-5 jacksons how did you manage the Obers and shreck blobs? I have never sworn by any particular faction, I love playing them all (too bad I'm a hipster and couldnt bring myself to play OKW much the past few months :ot: ) but in a 1v1 or 2v2 even match, It was really hard to deal with the behemoth that was. At least now Allies can consistently deal with the tank rather than praying to the RNG gods and hoping to penetrate. See we all want Consistent influence-able play (reason why nobody likes plane crashes), With the prior armor the glass cannons of Jacksons were very inconsistent and made it frustrating to play against. Further more nothing short of an IS2 did reliable damage to it meaning that even if you try to counter it appropriately it was still a huge uphill battle (there is a video of a KT driving into a mine in front of 4 Zis guns and killing them).

Blitz was a terribly unfair ability that did not deserve to be on a super heavy tank. Blitz single-handedly countered jacksons.

This patch in terms of the KT made it countering it more influence-able and got rid of the ridiculous Blitz mechanic which allowed Terrible play go unpunished.

The KT still is a monster of a tank, you just now have to play well with it now like all tanks

What is the advantage of getting a KT? Because all it has right now is the gun while costing as much as 2 IS2's and several Jacksons.
6 Apr 2015, 17:22 PM

What is the advantage of getting a KT? Because all it has right now is the gun while costing as much as 2 IS2's and several Jacksons.

A tank that can kill infantry without a sweat?
6 Apr 2015, 17:24 PM

A tank that can kill infantry without a sweat?

260 (not counting fuel costs and the reduced income) fuel for something I can already do with infantry? I fail to see the advantage of getting a tank that is twice the cost of the IS2 thanks to the reduced fuel income when I can just get things like Panthers to deal with enemy armor, or the Jadgtiger, or the CPV, or get a Sturmtiger to deal with enemy infantry blobs.

Again; the KT is redundant for a very very high price tag.
6 Apr 2015, 17:32 PM
Patrion 28

no, it's not at all redundant as OKW doesn't have anything else with the VI B's combination of high health and armour with a very high damage and large aoe gun. the sturmtiger has high, but still lower health and armour and an ability gun but it's not the same.
6 Apr 2015, 17:38 PM

no, it's not at all redundant as OKW doesn't have anything else with the VI B's combination of high health and armour with a very high damage and large aoe gun. the sturmtiger has high, but still lower health and armour and an ability gun but it's not the same.

The Sturmtiger actually has the highest health of any tank in the game at Vet 2, and has exactly the same health as the KT at vet 0.

The Jadgtiger preforms far better versus enemy armor for a cheaper price, and you don't need any fuel units in OKW to deal with enemy infantry. The problem is that the KT doesn't have the highest health, or the highest armor of any unit in the game but costs more than any other unit in the game.

No reason for me to spend all my fuel on a KT when I can do the same for a cheaper more efficient price.
6 Apr 2015, 17:44 PM

I saw the video with the Zis 76mms and Mine truth is that when you see it as someone with low knowledge of the game it looks ridicilous. But the AT gun is tier 2 and it is ment to deal with medium tanks and light vehicles. King Tiger is a HEAVY TANK that was meant to do this! When you have low tier AT gun you can't expect it to counter a lategame Heavy Tank that is basicaly the pinacle of what this faction has to offer. Not to mention KT survived with 25% of his health in the clip too and if B4 which that guy had would hit it once it would surely die in that assalut. You see the clip as one dimensional battle but the truth is Allies don't have direct counter but still have enough indirect ones to deal with KT. That being B4, mines, IS-2, Tag vehicle, Jacksons(due recent buffs), fast medium tanks, at nades. When you used your abilities right you could destroy KT even before this Armor nerf. Or when you were good enough you saw the fact enemy is going for it and you never let them get to that stage. I was never fan of handholding and I never will it seems like cheap way how to give unskiled players (missing of timings, bad earlygame to midgame play while your faction is great at these stages, lack of knowledge how to face heavy tanks with your units) unfair way to beat ones that went for high risk high reward tactic and managed to pull it off.
6 Apr 2015, 17:51 PM
Patrion 28

The Sturmtiger actually has the highest health of any tank in the game at Vet 2, and has exactly the same health as the KT at vet 0.

The Jadgtiger preforms far better versus enemy armor for a cheaper price, and you don't need any fuel units in OKW to deal with enemy infantry. The problem is that the KT doesn't have the highest health, or the highest armor of any unit in the game but costs more than any other unit in the game.

No reason for me to spend all my fuel on a KT when I can do the same for a cheaper more efficient price.

my mistake, didn't bother to look it up before hand. points to the sturmtiger.

that's because the jagdtiger is a TD and performs shit against infantry. the jagdtiger is also a call in and thus has no associated tech costs. tech costs are not factored into how powerful a unit is though, which is the entire issue with callins.

the VI B doesn't need the highest health or the highest armour; it has high health and armour and a very powerful gun.

then don't spend your fuel on a VI B. yes, it looks bad when you compare it to callin tanks due to the tech cost discrepancy, but it's not a bad tank and callins/tech costs are a different issue that the VI B should not be buffed because of.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 55
Germany 956
Netherlands 21
Russian Federation 20
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W