Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
8 Apr 2015, 06:11 AM
Donator 11

Non...

If you came to "read and learn" either I wasn't clear enough in the post you replied to, or you must've read this thread from the window of a moving car; because, you've missed the point that I and others are making, which I will summarize below:

"Not op, broken is the correct word."(ofield) the biggest issue is outlined by, elchino7: "The problem is the PTRS destroying crewed weapons, not it's DPS vs infantry or vehicles." and elaborated on by Alexzandvar:

"the PTRS is incapable of missing the gun due to it's size. The change made it so it would never ever miss vehicles, and now it never misses... weapons teams. "

LEMON notices how this really becomes an issue, not with GUARDS, but with CONS (as noted in the first damned line in the first post of this god forsaken thread:

the problem with cons blob is that theres always 8 or so cons running around all over the map, and each of them has 2 ptrs' that have the stats meant for elite infantry.

RMMLz, adds upon the context of the broader state of the game:

AT weapons sniping infantry are bad design, no matter if it's Panzerschreck or PTRS. Although, PTRS should have AI capabilities when it's used by Guards or partizans. But a change like this on you main line infantry is bad. Take a look at OKW. Why we are frustrated by SchreckBlob? Because you turn you AI core unit into laser guided tank hunters. Any drastic change to mainline infantry has the potential to break the game, because they are spammable and cheap.

Before I close, once more I rely on the words of elchino7:

Gonna say it again:
-PTRS destroying crewed support weapons is not fine.
-Everything else is fine.

Finally, allow me to repeat myself a third time:

Examine the broader context of this. The PTRS shouldn't be doing what it's doing atm. This isn't intended.

I was compelled to reply to you because i couldn't stand your whining, you make little girls look like Rambos.

moving on, while i am nowhere near the top 100, I watch high level streams everyday. I haven't seen any top level player use and win with this OP PTRS blob.

As dbmb said you can't determine balance by noobs A moving noobs

also i suggest you read what people have said in this thread, those who tried to explain what PTRS are.

I use Guards almost after a year, not because they are awesome but because they are now at least decent and lets me experiment with my build a bit. Which is a good thing
8 Apr 2015, 06:39 AM

I was compelled to reply to you because i couldn't stand your whining, you make little girls look like Rambos.

moving on, while i am nowhere near the top 100, I watch high level streams everyday. I haven't seen any top level player use and win with this OP PTRS blob.

As dbmb said you can't determine balance by noobs A moving noobs

also i suggest you read what people have said in this thread, those who tried to explain what PTRS are.

I use Guards almost after a year, not because they are awesome but because they are now at least decent and lets me experiment with my build a bit. Which is a good thing

I'm sorry you find structured arguments so offensive as to incite you to defamation of an essentially anonymous member of a computer game community.

daspolus and lemon negate your "argument", regarding "high level play", but in case you have a change of heart and decide that the other tens of thousands of people that play this game aren't meaningless to you, let me point out that in a divided community, this a thread which, within weeks has garnered 21,613 views.

let that sink in for a moment.

21,613 views, yes, those aren't unique, but that is a lot of conversation, a lot of people wondering, "what is going on with the PTRS" which inferring by my logic, says there's an issue here.

that issue, for which i will repeat myself for the final time. is not balance.

it's not an issue of balance.

it's a question of how PTRS's operate within the engine, specifically regarding weapons teams, this is exacerbated when large amounts of infantry, IE, tank hunter cons, have access to the PTRS, and something that we suspect was overlooked when relic implemented these changes.

allow that to be my final riposte to you, and may i never have the misfortune of crossing your path again.
8 Apr 2015, 14:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

My biggest highlight is probably beating cruzz. I can tell when its overperforming anyway. Regardless of player skill. The whole fact that a blob army can take out all support weapons and cut down squads immediately and on retreat as well as destroying okw trucks in a 20 second period is pure bullshit.

And you didn't answer my post at all.
1-AT =/= Random.
2-Cruzz plays random most of the time. Seen him with good and crap teammates.
3-Meta > Map > Map spawn > Whatever issue.

We've already state that destroying crewed weapons is wrong, debunked the myth of killing retreating squads and well, if you got nothing covering your HQ it's easy to destroy them with anything.
8 Apr 2015, 14:41 PM

Permanently Banned

daspolus and lemon negate your "argument", regarding "high level play", but in case you have a change of heart and decide that the other tens of thousands of people that play this game aren't meaningless to you, let me point out that in a divided community, this a thread which, within weeks has garnered 21,613 views.

Show me YOUR high level replay...

stopping PTRS is a l2p issue. sorry to break it to u.

Faced 7 players that did it last night. At first i was like "shit! if what the forums peoples say is true? im fucked"

yea, no.

mg's shut them down (inb4 but, BUT! they destroy the weapon!) pios have 42 sight range now.

once u rush an ostwind its GG. the commander has no call-ins PTRS still sucks against well microed meduims

as for OKW, spam fussies

If you dont know how to probably stop blobs? regardless of wat weapon they are using (except pre-patch OKW) then u have alot of stuff u need to learn/improve on before u make condescending comments to other players about what u think is "OP".

But we can all agree that destroying team weapons is bullshit

8 Apr 2015, 15:10 PM

This is the whole fucking point. If PTRS can do it, so should Bazooka and Pzschrek. At least Pzschreck can deal with armor and has a function, Bazooka is a pure waste.

Again, the problem is Consblob "destroying" team weapons with 360noscope accuracy, head-on.

The problem IS not "Guards being used again after ages". The problem is not "Guard are actually good versus infantry" and the problem is not PTRS-in general-soft countering light and medium armor.
8 Apr 2015, 15:27 PM

Relic needs to fix cons +prts. I have played against nothing else since 2 days and I get tired of it. As soon as your opponent reaches 3 cp cons turn into beasts and fight super cost efficent. It is nearly impossible to win any attack, If your opponnent plays decent. The extrem mass of 7 cons or more supported by a t34/t70 kills everything you put against it (will hit around minute 15). It is sad to see to get your team weapons destroyed in secounds. It breaks the whole combinded arms thing. And the days of the OP Stug E are over. It just melts against 3 cons with PTRS+ tons of anti tank grenades
8 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

to clarify i think at most con PTRS's should have their accuracy dropped by AT MOST 25% across all ranges. i still want them to be decent vs infantry and for tankhunters to be a viable doctrinal choice. i dont think theyre super OP right now either, overall cons get shut down very hard by well placed mg42s and indirect fire does a number on them. in addition panzer4s do pretty well against them as well. a lot of it is a learn to adapt issue i feel like; ive got a hunch that a lot of people are still playing like they were pre-patch instead of takign advantage of a lot of the improved tools they have at their disposal.

8 Apr 2015, 16:30 PM

to clarify i think at most con PTRS's should have their accuracy dropped by AT MOST 25% across all ranges. i still want them to be decent vs infantry and for tankhunters to be a viable doctrinal choice. i dont think theyre super OP right now either, overall cons get shut down very hard by well placed mg42s and indirect fire does a number on them. in addition panzer4s do pretty well against them as well. a lot of it is a learn to adapt issue i feel like; ive got a hunch that a lot of people are still playing like they were pre-patch instead of takign advantage of a lot of the improved tools they have at their disposal.

Isn't the issue here that con PTRS's can just volley kill a MG42 very very quickly due to the way the PTRS functions with the crew weapons size and received accuracy? Because cons being able to negate their hard counters is kind of what has made the PTRS on them a bit silly.
8 Apr 2015, 16:53 PM

Isn't the issue here that con PTRS's can just volley kill a MG42 very very quickly due to the way the PTRS functions with the crew weapons size and received accuracy? Because cons being able to negate their hard counters is kind of what has made the PTRS on them a bit silly.

1. monitor weapon hp, repair when necessary

2. the only way you can quickly destroy an mg42 gun is if you have like 8 or so cons shooting at the gun. this means that pretty much the soviets entire army is in one sector of the map, go out and get some map control.

3. 2 mg42s will pin a con blob faster than the con blob can kill the mg42

4. dont leave your mg42s alone, as soon as you see the conblob get suppressed you should be relocating mortars and a gren or pio squad to help deal with the suppressed units with flamers + riflenades.
8 Apr 2015, 17:03 PM

The resume of this thread is that now SU can also blob. I don't get the whining here, we almost have perfect balance now. OKW, US and SO can blob, there is only WEHR left. 3/4.
Gj Relic

Trollolol :-)

Seriously now, look at post above, from lemon. + 1000000
8 Apr 2015, 17:28 PM

The resume of this thread is that now SU can also blob. I don't get the whining here, we almost have perfect balance now. OKW, US and SO can blob, there is only WEHR left. 3/4.
Gj Relic

But blobbing as Soviets is doctrinal! We have a balance issue here! xD
8 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM
Donator 33

2. the only way you can quickly destroy an mg42 gun is if you have like 8 or so cons shooting at the gun. this means that pretty much the soviets entire army is in one sector of the map, go out and get some map control.

You don't need 8 cons. 3 Cons are enough. 1 volley + 3 or 4 more shots is enough to destroy the weapon (if it's not in green cover).
8 Apr 2015, 17:44 PM

But blobbing as Soviets is doctrinal! We have a balance issue here! xD

Damn it, I forgot that. Relic fix that asap. move guards in T1 and add PTRS as a global upgrade.

LOL
8 Apr 2015, 17:47 PM
Patrion 28

3. 2 mg42s will pin a con blob faster than the con blob can kill the mg42

with they MG42's sight they will not always (at the very least) pin before being destroyed. the video in this thread shows that. the mg42 will suppress though. idk about most of the time though as i haven't run into this yet; haven't had much time to play.
8 Apr 2015, 17:49 PM

Gj Relic

Wehr actually could blob from day 1 thanks to LMG.
8 Apr 2015, 17:54 PM
Donator 33

with they MG42's sight they will not always (at the very least) pin before being destroyed. the video in this thread shows that. the mg42 will suppress though. idk about most of the time though as i haven't run into this yet; haven't had much time to play.

It was a MG34 in that video tho.
8 Apr 2015, 17:57 PM
Patrion 28

oh, well i wasn't paying enough attention; that makes a large difference.
8 Apr 2015, 18:04 PM

Wehr actually could blob from day 1 thanks to LMG.

So it's done, balance is now perfect
8 Apr 2015, 18:36 PM

mg's shut them down (inb4 but, BUT! they destroy the weapon!)...

that issue, for which i will repeat myself for [apparently not] the final time. is not balance.

it's not an issue of balance.

it's a question of how PTRS's operate within the engine, specifically regarding weapons teams, this is exacerbated when large amounts of infantry, IE, tank hunter cons, have access to the PTRS, and something that we suspect was overlooked when relic implemented these changes.

if 8 pio squads picked up 16 ptrs' it would be no different.

If you dont know how to probably stop blobs? regardless of wat weapon they are using... then u have alot of stuff u need to learn/improve on before u make condescending comments to other players about what u think is "OP".

Show me YOUR high level replay...

My replay is deep within the bowels of this thread, on the OKW strategic discussion thread and on my profile somewhere, the only thing I ever claimed by posting it was:

I think that game effectively illustrated the issues regarding PTRS's and weapons teams as well as their great strength, which IMO is an unintended consequence of buffing guards creating a situation which is contrary to the spirit of the game.

Never did I state my play as an exemplar "skilled play" or whatever, I posted first to relieve stress and demonstrate the issues at hand and secondly, within the appropriate thread, to discuss tactics. (a thread which showcases a brilliant contribution by yourself) I cited the skill and talent of LEMON and daspolous since I respect them and would categorize them as "high level" despite the bullshit elitist nature of his "argument", as players who have recognized the issues involved here.
8 Apr 2015, 18:42 PM

Permanently Banned

I think that game effectively illustrated the issues regarding PTRS's and weapons teams as well as their great strength, which IMO is an unintended consequence of buffing guards creating a situation which is contrary to the spirit of the game.

We can agree on that...

I will never understand the "he is good in my mind, so listen to him" argument so im going to ignore that.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment