Login

russian armor

Over nerfed Obers

PAGES (15)down
31 Mar 2015, 17:13 PM

You already started to cry about obers?
Oooooh, this tears are delicious.
31 Mar 2015, 17:15 PM

The people circle jerking about how great the tears are better keep those buckets because when the patch goes live I will bet you 20 dollars someone will make a thread that Obers are till OP, or that some other OKW infantry unit is still OP.
31 Mar 2015, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 17:13 PMNEVEC
You already started to cry about obers?
Oooooh, this tears are delicious.

Great contribution to the thread right there, not heard this one before

31 Mar 2015, 17:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Is that account for the reduced damage they get now?

Yep, before STG obers did 14.34 at max range. Notice that LMG grens have a stable DPS across the board, while moving from 35 to 30 made STG ober do 19.04 vs 15.05. At 25, 24.2 vs 15.93. Etc.

Old STG: 64.24/32.70/14.34
New STG: 51.16/26.38/12.2

31 Mar 2015, 18:12 PM

Both USF and OKW blobs are powerful, just OKW is nerf, that is Ridiculous!

For OKW Shrek threat, I will say that if any USF tank is easily defeated by Sherk, the USF player is a noob.
Every player should know that there are thousands of ways to counter blober among which HE and artillery are the best?

If just using infantry against infantry, OKW will get a slight advantage of cousrse.
However, why USF has to use infantry against infantry? It is totally a tactic for noobs.
Even use single "U" back off key for Sherman to keep distance will easily consume huge MP of OKW.
Dont forget there are not only M36 and Sherman, tie 4 has HMC with high mobility that can deal huge damage to blober.
If HMC is killed by Sherks, the player may need more time to practice how to "hit and run" or they are in completely different levels.
DO NOT trust the health of tanks of USF, they have high mobility but fragile and need infantry support.
I have seen many players who highly trust just only armor not combined arm, At-guns and mines will destroy their faith.

For the same time look at the OKW, it has no choice(no fuel) but to train Obers to counter Rifles with Bar, which can also shot on move.
Volks can do nothing facing the massive infantry fire power from Rifles and Paratroopers.
If using MG support, even a single, or maybe two smoke grenades will blind the mg34 or Kubel and even Obers.

Back to the infantry comparison, it has been calculated that Ober with no lmg is still OP in the long range,
the math is correct but means nothing.
Bar and m-1 rifle are very powerful in mid-close range, so why Rifles should shoot Obers in long range?
Use your smoke to cover your advance and then right click the place infront of Obers! When it is in close range, obers will be the first to retreat.
Of course for countering STG44 Ober additional fire support from armor will be necessary.
But one STG upgrade means one less Sherk right?
Dont teach me about that Equal-MP math, it means nothing. Only noob will use infantry to counter OKW blober.

All in all, only noobs will be defeated by no brain blober.
Allies have the most powerful anti-infantry fire which counters blober in high efficiency.
Make good use of AA track, HE sherman, HMC and smoke, Priest, you will make OKW bolbers pay.

Do Not forget to provide anti-tank fire at the same time. Try to find a Balance between them.

After this patch
For those USF fans still think lmg34 Obers OP, I have several advices:
1. Try to set MGs behind the line to provide suppressing fire, AA truck will be both good.
2. Try to use "U" key to consume MP by making use of the range/mobility advantage.
3. Try to make good use of smoke to blind OKW long range heavy fire power like Obers and tankdestroyer
4. Try to use OKW to counter USF blober and then something may be learned.
5. Uninstall the game.

I have to say this, for noobs fans, whichever side they choose, the enemy is always OP.

Congratulations! You USF fans finally get what you want to make you feel good by defeating Axies easily.

For this patch,
If USF defeats OKW, there is nothing to be proud for that
If USF is defeated by OKW, the USF player may need much more practice.
31 Mar 2015, 18:25 PM

^ And thats why kids you should drink and post.
31 Mar 2015, 18:32 PM

If just using infantry against infantry, OKW will get a slight advantage of cousrse.
However, why USF has to use infantry against infantry? It is totally a tactic for noobs.

Lol WTF is this?
31 Mar 2015, 18:33 PM

Lol WTF is this?

Some OKW fanboys developed basics of verbal communication to defend the one, pure army.
31 Mar 2015, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 18:33 PMKatitof

Some OKW fanboys developed basics of verbal communication to defend the one, pure army.

People are really getting worked up about these changes, you know you're doing something right if you ruffle a few feathers along the way.

Relic must have made these changes for good reason, they did say looking at their internal stats that the units they changed had been ear-marked as overperforming so what is there to get angry about?
31 Mar 2015, 19:22 PM

People are really getting worked up about these changes, you know you're doing something right if you ruffle a few feathers along the way.

Relic must have made these changes for good reason, they did say looking at their internal stats that the units they changed had been ear-marked as overperforming so what is there to get angry about?

Its simply a matter of denial so deep its on frontier of insanity.
You won't find a single one army warrior stating that any of their beloved army unit is fine and there is high probability bordering with certainty that units acknowledged as OP by everyone, devs included will be proclaimed as underpowered by said warriors.
31 Mar 2015, 19:25 PM

I think the nerf is fine, the bang for the buck isn't there anymore. I think 360mp might be good price for them now. Obviously this is just a guesstimate please do not attack my family or children.
31 Mar 2015, 19:36 PM

The ruffled feathers comes mainly from the fact that it's such a vanilla and bleh change for months of waiting. The same things OKW has that were "OP" will continued to be labeled "OP".

People read that Obers got nerfed and then immediately forgot the rest of the OKW faction exists, and is still very good.
31 Mar 2015, 19:46 PM

Well, lets see how this works out, the problem with Obers is that OKW clearly needs strong complimentary infantry as even high vet Volks don't really cut it against upgraded riflemen or Shocks/Paras, while not having access ie. to plentiful mediums/support weapons to redress the balance as ie. Soviets do. That being said, current iteration Obers clearly have too high dps, making it imperative to fight them asymetrically in order to be cost-effective, ie. using mines/demos and AOE weapons including flamers in lieu of conventional infantry combat, which I think sucks from a gameplay standpoint.
Anyways, with Falls and Jägers being so meh, I reckon Fusiliers will much more frequently be utilised in the next patch.
31 Mar 2015, 20:07 PM

you guys know that fusiliers arent that good right? and for them to be decent they need a NINETY munitions upgrade
31 Mar 2015, 20:15 PM

You all cry about Obers but I think the biggest blow OKW got is Volks nerf.
I think this change will change OKW play and its meta drastically
31 Mar 2015, 20:22 PM

Relic went cold turkey on this one. For the next patch, let's say the are gonna nerf panther. They must reduce it's armor by 1 every 6 months so people won't go through withdrawal syndrome like this one.

Let's review the withdrawal syndrome:

-Withdrawal is the constellation of symptoms and signs that a person experiences when, after a period of regular use, the quantity of available substance in the brain is reduced.
-Upon abstinence, central nervous system receptors take days or weeks to normalize.

31 Mar 2015, 20:22 PM

you guys know that fusiliers arent that good right? and for them to be decent they need a NINETY munitions upgrade

They are relatively cheap, have 6 entities, making them more resilient to AOE/wipes than any other Axis inf, and like all OKW infantry, they have strong vet - and a snare, which can be really helpful, if it works that is.
31 Mar 2015, 21:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

For their upfront cost, reinforcement cost, upgrade cost, and still a 4 man squad, I dont see them being cost effective in this patch. Being a 4 man squad its just too large an investment to possibly go up in smoke in a squad wipe somewhere.
31 Mar 2015, 21:05 PM

What ? next to grens they are extremely cost effective. they are on of the best long/mid range fighters for their price and whatever weakness they have at short range gets nullified wit the g42 upgrades not to mention excellent utility.
31 Mar 2015, 21:07 PM

Pretty sure the damage modifiers are only vs explosive. Iirc units in green cover have 80% evasion

Also I'm going to tell you guys now that obeys still perform well, and regain a lot of their dps at vet 2 with that 40% accuracy bonus. Also please don't forget that overs start with 30% evasion, and that they have 5 levels of vet. To the people saying that players will use other doctrinal infantry more, great! More variety in strategy. To the people saying jli and unupgraded pfuziliers will out dps obers, lmfao. Also falls are a lot squished and have their dps spread out over 4 men. Overs are still the best anti infantry squad

Great even more callin meta!
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight