Login

russian armor

Allied War Machine

29 Mar 2015, 15:33 PM

So hey. In the late game, against heavy tanks and sometimes Panthers, USF is lacking. Soviets can manage with their Mark Target T34/85, ISU-152, B4 or IS-2, but USF has nothing of the sort.

A second problem, or really just a design flaw is that there's not much of a reason to backtech to Captain or Liutenant once you've already picked one early on and then went for Major.

So I combined these two and came up with the idea of Allied War Machine. You all know what it does.

Should AWM be an unlocked USF ability once you research all three tiers?
29 Mar 2015, 15:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Honest Question

Whyy do u persist in making these pointless threads? knowing that ur ideas will never make it in-game?
29 Mar 2015, 15:43 PM

USF should get the Pershing and the Calliope with that research too :D. Kappa
29 Mar 2015, 16:19 PM

Honest Question

Whyy do u persist in making these pointless threads? knowing that ur ideas will never make it in-game?

Why do you keep on living despite the knowledge of your inevitable death?
Sorry for derailing thread.
29 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'd much rather they make USF work against heavies in base tiers without Allied War Machine, which I really don't miss. The ability's not great gameplay and is a contradiction to the veterancy system.
29 Mar 2015, 16:41 PM
Donator 33

What's Allied War Machine?
29 Mar 2015, 16:43 PM

What's Allied War Machine?

Think of Rapid Conscription, but for tanks.

You pay 200 munitions, and up to two tanks are replaced if they die while the ability is active. That's how it was in CoH2.
29 Mar 2015, 16:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

29 Mar 2015, 16:51 PM

Honest Question

Its for his mod dude, what the heck is up your butt?

On Topic: cool idea but how would this work as a stock ability? Sounds a bit too easy to abuse if you already hold the advantage allowing you to YOLO tanks to their deaths and instantly replace them
29 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM

Actually you have less chance to die than seeing anything of those proposal in game.:megusta:
29 Mar 2015, 17:03 PM

Its for his mod dude, what the heck is up your butt?

On Topic: cool idea but how would this work as a stock ability? Sounds a bit too easy to abuse if you already hold the advantage allowing you to YOLO tanks to their deaths and instantly replace them

True but if you're holding the advantage at late game as USF it means your enemy is doing something seriously wrong. Jackson is USF's best anti-heavy vehicle unit and its performance speaks for itself.

Moreover this forces teching for the entire faction; If it were doctrinal you wouldn't need to do that and half of the point would have been missed.
29 Mar 2015, 17:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2015, 16:56 PMEsxile

Actually you have less chance to die than seeing anything of those proposal in game.:megusta:

No, I'm pretty sure the precedent of nigh-countless human beings implies the odds of you dying are 100%.
30 Mar 2015, 03:38 AM

OMFG LOL

+1
nee
30 Mar 2015, 18:38 PM

Not a fan of it: USF doesn't need a 250 munitions ability for a 30 second window to replace up to two units. It's an advantage that can only be gained if the enemy is too reluctant to engage for fear of losing time to repair after destroying your own units, which isn't exactly hard since USF has no well-armoured units in CoH2. Not to mention, this as a doctrinal ability would kind of have to go along with good armour call-ins.
@AssaultPlazma nothing in the OP mentions a mod project or that the subject is for a mod. Don't stoop to his level.

True but if you're holding the advantage at late game as USF it means your enemy is doing something seriously wrong. Jackson is USF's best anti-heavy vehicle unit and its performance speaks for itself.

Moreover this forces teching for the entire faction; If it were doctrinal you wouldn't need to do that and half of the point would have been missed.

IMO Germans have a larger margin of error considering their more varied armour options. You're also assuming the USF player has a lategame advantage at all, which by virtue of game design isn't the first expectation.
Also, AWM only really works because it existed alongside the ability to call in Pershings, plus the American faction in CoH1 could, regardless of doctrines, permanent upgrade all Shermans to use 76mm. USF however can only rely on Easy Eights, which is doctrinal.
I believe this was what made the ability useful: you could save a Pershing. What would you expect to save in this game? Two 75mm Shermans? Two Jacksons? I'd rather a P-47 strike, which has the same cost.

I think something more useful or versatile wold be more appropriate, like a simple Manpower Blitz or a clone of Redistribute Resources.
30 Mar 2015, 19:05 PM

USF need a non doctrinal mark of target, it will help them a lot fighting with heavies. I think Cpt or LT can take this ability.
30 Mar 2015, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 18:38 PMnee
Not a fan of it: USF doesn't need a 250 munitions ability for a 30 second window to replace up to two units. It's an advantage that can only be gained if the enemy is too reluctant to engage for fear of losing time to repair after destroying your own units, which isn't exactly hard since USF has no well-armoured units in CoH2. Not to mention, this as a doctrinal ability would kind of have to go along with good armour call-ins.
@AssaultPlazma nothing in the OP mentions a mod project or that the subject is for a mod. Don't stoop to his level.

IMO Germans have a larger margin of error considering their more varied armour options. You're also assuming the USF player has a lategame advantage at all, which by virtue of game design isn't the first expectation.
Also, AWM only really works because it existed alongside the ability to call in Pershings, plus the American faction in CoH1 could, regardless of doctrines, permanent upgrade all Shermans to use 76mm. USF however can only rely on Easy Eights, which is doctrinal.
I believe this was what made the ability useful: you could save a Pershing. What would you expect to save in this game? Two 75mm Shermans? Two Jacksons? I'd rather a P-47 strike, which has the same cost.

I think something more useful or versatile wold be more appropriate, like a simple Manpower Blitz or a clone of Redistribute Resources.

Well, it could last longer and replace more units? Or be cheaper in munitions cost perhaps?
30 Mar 2015, 19:29 PM

I really don't miss AWM.

I'd rather see some manpower increase effect like the vCoh supply yard as tiers get built.
nee
30 Mar 2015, 20:22 PM

Well, it could last longer and replace more units? Or be cheaper in munitions cost perhaps?
I'd a rather see more useful units rather than an ability that gives you free bad ones. And by give I mean replace, so you're not even on a numbers footing.
30 Mar 2015, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 20:22 PMnee
I'd a rather see more useful units rather than an ability that gives you free bad ones. And by give I mean replace, so you're not even on a numbers footing.

Well, I've had many cases where I had to sacrifice a disproportionate amount of chasing Jacksons in trying to finish off a low health Panther or Tiger. The ability would be useful for those cases. In CoH1, AWM was in an environment where some tanks like the Pershing were MP only (well, call-ins basically). In CoH2, killing a Tiger off matters more as it isn't MP-only, while saving a Jackson matters more since you don't have an MP only alternative. That said, CoH2 USF is far more munitions needy and AWM would basically be mutually exclusive with P-47 skillplane support so Supply Yard-ish abilities are worth considering too. I just have two goals here:

1. Fix how USF is too micro intensive and luck dependant with poor armor and penetration on all their units at late game.

2. Give people a reason to tech for all three commanders. Right now OKW has a reason to do that.
30 Mar 2015, 21:08 PM

2. Give people a reason to tech for all three commanders. Right now OKW has a reason to do that.

They already do! Those Boss Officer units! :megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS