Login

russian armor

Doctrinal Tanks should be Tier-restricted

24 Mar 2015, 19:23 PM

I've posted a proposal in Relics official balance discussion.
In my opinion the current doctrinal "spam-tactics" hurt the gameplay and diversity of COH2 because:
...it limits the play-styles.
...makes the mid-game periods too short.
...it makes many units useless (STUG-G and SU76 for example).

Example:
Why should I currently build a STUG (which is meant to hunt medium tanks) when I know that there will be no medium armor and ~5 mins after it hits the field I would have to face an IS-2? With my proposed doctrinal changes the STUG will have to fight against medium armor for ~10 minutes, which means that it gets far more viable and it would have its proper role. Same thing can be applied for the SU76. This is just a simple example which shows why the doctrinal tanks have to be revisited by Relic.

For the full explanation please visit this link:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/coh-2-balance-feedback/159332-doctrinal-tanks-should-be-tier-restricted

I would be pleased about any constructive criticism and poll-attendance.
25 Mar 2015, 07:24 AM

No offense, but that has been proposed many times and is already implemented in several balance mods. Relic said they won't do this unless they redesign the soviet faction, since they are so call in dependent.
25 Mar 2015, 09:51 AM

No offense, but that has been proposed many times and is already implemented in several balance mods. Relic said they won't do this unless they redesign the soviet faction, since they are so call in dependent.

Which they should. Soviets are not unsalvagable.
25 Mar 2015, 13:17 PM

Did you even read my proposal? The soviets would not have to be redesigned, their teching would be based around T1 or T2 + T3 or T4 which makes their teching cost only 20 fuel more expensive than Ostheer. I dont care if has been proposed many times, the doctrinal "spamming" tactics have been in the game since release and nothing has changed... fixing this would give medium vehicles more meaning and the whole game would be more diverse.
25 Mar 2015, 13:23 PM

Did you even read my proposal? The soviets would not have to be redesigned, their teching would be based around T1 or T2 + T3 or T4 which makes their teching cost only 20 fuel more expensive than Ostheer. I dont care if has been proposed many times, the doctrinal "spamming" tactics have been in the game since release and nothing has changed... fixing this would give medium vehicles more meaning and the whole game would be more diverse.

This has been discussed like crazy in the past, with a lot of good suggestions and mods, yours kinda makes sense too.

But, guess what? At best, we should expect logical nerfs and buffs, they are not gonna do drastic changes like this. Yes, these changes are drastic from the developer's stand point.

The most feasible ways, is to tweak stock units so that the players are willing to bring them in.
25 Mar 2015, 13:28 PM

This.
Won't happen before soviet redesign or serious core army buffs and we all know that won't happen.
25 Mar 2015, 13:51 PM
Donator 33

In COH 2 beta, call in tanks were locked to Soviet T3, and if you had T4 you would need to build T3 to gain access to call ins, it was annoying since soviet T3 was garbage back then, with t34's doing 80dmg with shitty penetration, and SU-85 from T4 was your only salvation to keep axis armor back, and yes back then Panzerwerfer was in T3 and the Elephant was in T4, i think ostheer had to have atleast T3 build to get their own call ins, but back then they preferred flame HT and the T4 Panther, since Tiger was horribly bad just like IS-2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 20
South Africa 1
Germany 799
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %