Login

russian armor

Real Talk: Panther

PAGES (13)down
25 Mar 2015, 20:42 PM

Permanently Banned

Already ost worst lategame infantry,worst lategame artillery and now worst armor too..even though currently its only 3rd best.
Its best that all ostheer players just leave this game.

TOP KEK

cya butthurt boy oh BOY! XD
25 Mar 2015, 21:00 PM

I see you are adding the Ost Tech costs, but It seems you aren't adding the OKW truck manpower/fuel costs, why not? It's still needed to unlock, unless we are talking about Command Panther but that is a doctrinal unit and cannot be compared 1:1 with an Ost Panther.
25 Mar 2015, 21:16 PM

I see you are adding the Ost Tech costs, but It seems you aren't adding the OKW truck manpower/fuel costs, why not? It's still needed to unlock, unless we are talking about Command Panther but that is a doctrinal unit and cannot be compared 1:1 with an Ost Panther.

I believe I did add them to the OP, OKW is incomparably cheap though. Also, teching for OKW is not a resource sink and actually has benefits other than accessing later units.
25 Mar 2015, 21:20 PM

TOP KEK

cya butthurt boy oh BOY! XD

Had no answer,resorted to trolling..typical sovishit.
25 Mar 2015, 21:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please! All desist with the 'fanbois' cr@p? :) (Otherwise, the fanbois invis fairy will be set loose..and she has no bias - all fall before her bite )

Back to topic

25 Mar 2015, 21:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

"Fanboi" talk invised @ post #206, as well as follow-up post #207, citing said "Fanboi" stuff.

Back to topic.
25 Mar 2015, 23:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Panther is fine
26 Mar 2015, 00:18 AM

Panther is NOT OP and Panther is not UP. The Panther cost for Whermact is justifiable because we had a Panther orgy before the fuel price increase. The only thing Panther or German armor needs is adjusting Blitz. Panther for damn sure better be the best medium tank for all the teching, MP and fuel cost, not to mention Panther is a hard counter to medium tanks.
26 Mar 2015, 07:09 AM

Good,ostheer needs this.And a lmg42 nerf,that should do it.
Congratulations is-2 and jackson.I mean u guys already laugh at tigers and pz 4,now last toothless cat to join the ranks.
Already ost worst lategame infantry,worst lategame artillery and now worst armor too..even though currently its only 3rd best.
Its best that all ostheer players just leave this game.

Well, your Ostheer victories will be even more worthy than they are today. Find abusive strategies (there allways are) and make them cry even more. I remember the rage of Axis players against our 2v2 maxim spam (me and my mate). Our answer was simple: does the game allows me to do it? Then it's fair, and more than this it's a hell of a strategy. Get the idea?
26 Mar 2015, 07:12 AM

Panther is NOT OP and Panther is not UP. The Panther cost for Whermact is justifiable because we had a Panther orgy before the fuel price increase. The only thing Panther or German armor needs is adjusting Blitz. Panther for damn sure better be the best medium tank for all the teching, MP and fuel cost, not to mention Panther is a hard counter to medium tanks.

Fine, they can nerf blitz, I don't care about that. If this will end your "axis armor OP" whinings.
26 Mar 2015, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 07:12 AMJohnnyB

Fine, they can nerf blitz, I don't care about that. If this will end your "axis armor OP" whinings.

Never said Axis armor is OP.
26 Mar 2015, 17:32 PM

No Dice! No nerfing blitz!
26 Mar 2015, 17:36 PM
Patrion 14

No Dice! No nerfing blitz!

Why not? Blitz is kind of a silly ability, it gives even the heaviest german tanks (KT and tiger) the abiity to keep pace with mediums, making them incredibly hard to flank and far too powerful when chasing much weaker armor like M4A3 shermans. Blitz makes sense on P4s and Panthers, but it sshould not increase top speed. It should increase rotation speed and acceleration, so that tanks can get to their top speed faster, but won't be able to straight up beat shermans and T/34s in a race.

If anything, the blitz-like ability should have gone to t34/s and shermans, which have to flank heavier tanks (and even tanks in the same weight range) to penetrate well.
26 Mar 2015, 17:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And remember guys, because it's OKW, their blitz has to be better :D
26 Mar 2015, 18:08 PM

Why not? Blitz is kind of a silly ability

Well first of all it has to be earned, it doesn't come out of the box. I don't think it's silly due to Blitz(krieg) being a reference to WW2, it's a useful ability and not entirely unrealistic to kinda rev the motors harder than intended for a burst. And for the Tiger I think it needs it because as it is, it feels like a gamble every time I drive off unsupported with the unvetted Tiger for poking purposes. It is so slow you might not make it back if you drive into trouble. I think it's wrong to feel scared to go on recon with a prominent ww2 heavy tank that is reknown for how tough it is (supposed to be). Turret is very slow as well. The Tiger needs Blitz for safety, as well as offensively of course.

I'm not comparing stats with IS-2 or other tanks but most games I've been into, not having the Tiger firmly supported at all times has ended in tears.
26 Mar 2015, 18:23 PM

Why not? Blitz is kind of a silly ability, it gives even the heaviest german tanks (KT and tiger) the abiity to keep pace with mediums, making them incredibly hard to flank and far too powerful when chasing much weaker armor like M4A3 shermans. Blitz makes sense on P4s and Panthers, but it sshould not increase top speed. It should increase rotation speed and acceleration, so that tanks can get to their top speed faster, but won't be able to straight up beat shermans and T/34s in a race.

If anything, the blitz-like ability should have gone to t34/s and shermans, which have to flank heavier tanks (and even tanks in the same weight range) to penetrate well.
Wait what?

So it's op if axis have it but not op if allies have it.

Being a get away card for axis can also be applied to (and even more so) faster allied tanks. Not to mention the fact that with blitz any axis heavies would not even be able to track a faster blitzing tank. But of course its not op if allies have it....
26 Mar 2015, 18:28 PM

Wait what?

So it's op if axis have it but not op if allies have it.

Being a get away card for axis can also be applied to (and even more so) faster allied tanks. Not to mention the fact that with blitz any axis heavies would not even be able to track a faster blitzing tank. But of course its not op if allies have it....

Allied tanks aren't really faster though. Without blitz. That's a myth.

And Allied tanks are more fragile and are supposed to flank according to the game's design, so he has a point.
26 Mar 2015, 18:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well first of all it has to be earned, it doesn't come out of the box. I don't think it's silly due to Blitz(krieg) being a reference to WW2, it's a useful ability and not entirely unrealistic to kinda rev the motors harder than intended for a burst.

Then give it overdrine engine crit (same as ram) after using it.

And for the Tiger I think it needs it because as it is, it feels like a gamble every time I drive off unsupported with the unvetted Tiger for poking purposes. It is so slow you might not make it back if you drive into trouble. I think it's wrong to feel scared to go on recon with a prominent ww2 heavy tank that is reknown for how tough it is (supposed to be). Turret is very slow as well. The Tiger needs Blitz for safety, as well as offensively of course.

I'm not comparing stats with IS-2 or other tanks but most games I've been into, not having the Tiger firmly supported at all times has ended in tears.

And that's a mistake. That's the whole risk for going solo. That's your mistake for getting into trouble.

If blitz was an offensive ability only castable prior to combat, it would be more logical. But it's just the perfect excuse for, oh crap i made a mistake, save me button. Reverse blitz me the hell out of here.

"Other issues, such as awkward movement behavior or unrealistic accuracy, made the ability feel a bit cheap and magical.":snfPeter:
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS