Login

russian armor

Turn I&R Pathfinders to Snipers?

23 Mar 2015, 17:48 PM

IRs are RECON and artillery radiomen,

normal pathfinders are more combat oriented.

Give the normal pathfinders a snipe ability and leave IRs alone for the most part.

Edit : a snipe ability like the one from Ardennes assault

And JLI are scouts.
Your argument is invalid.
23 Mar 2015, 17:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 17:48 PMKatitof

And JLI are scouts.

they are? Along with pathfinders,They have huge sight range even at vet 0 and can snipe isolated weaker units. What is the definition of scout?
23 Mar 2015, 18:01 PM

Everone is complaining about wehr snipers, but everyone seemly forgets the OKW PanzerJager sniper squad, which is 4 man and throws nades + infl nades also a Call-in unit out of buildings.

I vote for this, 3-man I&R path finders with a sniper!
23 Mar 2015, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 17:48 PMKatitof

And JLI are scouts.

Pathfinders are support and sighting teams, IR Pathfinders are recon and artillery support, JLI are Hunters.

3 different rolls.
23 Mar 2015, 18:25 PM

Pathfinders are support and sighting teams, IR Pathfinders are recon and artillery support, JLI are Hunters.

3 different rolls.

This is an accurate contrast.

I do think the AA snipe ability could be interesting, but it would need to cost something like 45 munitions or more and be a vet 1 ability to fairly exist as an interesting mg soft-counter. Not for the I&R pathfinders though.
23 Mar 2015, 18:31 PM

they are? Along with pathfinders,They have huge sight range even at vet 0 and can snipe isolated weaker units. What is the definition of scout?

Yes, they are.
No word about hunting, no word about sniping, scouts and scavengers.

I suppose we should nerf them so they will loose to everything that isn't combat engineer or RET, because they are light infantry meant for reckon and scavenging only according to description and ability kit.
23 Mar 2015, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 18:31 PMKatitof

Yes, they are.

I suppose we should nerf them so they will loose to everything that isn't combat engineer or RET, because they are light infantry meant for reckon and scavenging only according to description and ability kit.

They are literally called Hunter Light Infantry, you can't get any more "about hunting" than that.

JLI have not nearly the same roll as IR Pathfinders or Pathfinders, they are hunters meant to be deployed behind enemy lines to capture points and disrupt weapons teams.

You can easily deduce this by the following: Name of the unit, only gets cloak at vet 1, and ability to trap points.
23 Mar 2015, 18:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 18:31 PMKatitof

Yes, they are.

I don't know what you're getting at...what was the point of you saying what you said? I'm completely lost.

I guess you're saying Jli aren't just scouts?

23 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM

I don't know what you're getting at...what was the point of you saying what you said? I'm completely lost.

I guess you're saying Jli aren't just scouts?

No, I'm saying they are.
Just like IR pathfinders or pathfinders.

And yet there is a huge disproportion in the actual performance.
23 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 18:56 PMKatitof

No, I'm saying they are.

Ok... So they are all scouts one way or the other.. its just jaegers are something more? I mean tell me what's on your mind man you're hinting at what you want to say instead of saying it.
23 Mar 2015, 19:06 PM

I'd rather we replaced Soviet/Ost snipers with the mechanics of pathfinders/JLI, to be perfectly honest. Actual snipers bore the pants off of me.

Instead of being one click boom for up to 52mp a shot (IIRC the cost of the captain), they could become viable support units not worth spamming ever.

Pathfinders and JLI become light combat squads than can crit a model with a reasonably long cooldown at ~40% health or less.

The soviet team becomes a durable sprint unit that can crit more frequently than JLI or pathfinders, and can crit models at, say, 60% or less.

The Ost sniper crits less frequently than the soviet team, but can do it to models at 80% and below.

I can dream, right? I can dream.
23 Mar 2015, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 18:56 PMKatitof

No, I'm saying they are.

JLI are not just like Pathfinders and IR Pathfinders; at all. All they have is the sniping ability and same cost.

JLI are specifically anti infantry squads, they don't get cloak till Vet 1 and they are special abilities to cap and sabotage points.
23 Mar 2015, 19:36 PM
Patrion 27

I'm pretty sure their 210mp cost means they are intended for re-manning weapon crews... but their reinforce cost is 36 compared to normal pathfinders 37 so FAIL.
23 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM

I'm pretty sure their 210mp cost means they are intended for re-manning weapon crews... but their reinforce cost is 36 compared to normal pathfinders 37 so FAIL.

You need 3 entities to re man weapon.

You will pay 0 reinforce costs afterwards.

Can you put the pieces together and guess why?
23 Mar 2015, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 19:39 PMKatitof

You need 3 entities to re man weapon.

You will pay 0 reinforce costs afterwards.

Can you put the pieces together and guess why?

I think his point is that even if you recrew, there isn't much point because the reinforcement costs will be huge.
23 Mar 2015, 20:37 PM
Patrion 27

I think his point is that even if you recrew, there isn't much point because the reinforcement costs will be huge.

Nailed it. The weapon crew will retain the pathfinders' great vision range at the expense of a heavy reinforce cost.
23 Mar 2015, 20:58 PM

Pathfinders and JLI become light combat squads than can crit a model with a reasonably long cooldown at ~40% health or less.

This is already what we have, Pathfinders can do it at 40% with two rifles, JLI at 80% with one.
23 Mar 2015, 21:39 PM

This is already what we have, Pathfinders can do it at 40% with two rifles, JLI at 80% with one.

Yes, that was my point. I was aiming to have JLI's health max toned down, however, to reflect their current DPS and to avoid overlap with dedicated 'snipers'.

It was only a thought experiment anyway, but I'd sure prefer it.
23 Mar 2015, 21:47 PM

Alex is right in saying that JLI are marksmen and that they aren't just squads but really infantry hunters. The only problem here is that Pathfinders are the same thing except they scout ahead for airborne troops as well, so the performance they have should really be similar.
23 Mar 2015, 21:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Alex is right in saying that JLI are marksmen and that they aren't just squads but really infantry hunters. The only problem here is that Pathfinders are the same thing except they scout ahead for airborne troops as well, so the performance they have should really be similar.

They cost the same and take up the same pop, except one is largely just worse than the other because it has a utility that it doesn't get compensated for in pricing like other utility units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 10
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak