Login

russian armor

OST Panzerwerfer: Truly Underpowered

PAGES (10)down
26 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 15:44 PMpigsoup
i dont get why some people just cant get over the fact that you have to get close. especially seeing how most maps have clusters of shot blockers that allow you to do that freely as long as you are aware of one or two flanks.

once ostheer t4 becomes more viable, i really think 10 sec reduce in barrage rate would be enough.

That would be a valid, even if questionable point (it is fucking artillery, not a melee weapon), IF the Panzerwerfer would in return wreak noticeably more havoc than a Katyusha as a reward. But it doesn't and so it is simply inferior.
26 Mar 2015, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 17:16 PMgokkel

That would be a valid, even if questionable point (it is fucking artillery, not a melee weapon), IF the Panzerwerfer would in return wreak noticeably more havoc than a Katyusha as a reward. But it doesn't and so it is simply inferior.

This
26 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A really cheap panzer werferino in a way that you could have about two of them for every katyusha(60-70 fuel each)with lower tech costs would be pure sex.
26 Mar 2015, 18:02 PM

A really cheap panzer werferino in a way that you could have about two of them for every katyusha(60-70 fuel each)with lower tech costs would be pure sex.

Unless you have spelled either "MHT" or "imbalance" wrong, depending on which part of your post you put emphasis on.

You do realize that pwerfer and katy have exactly the same cost of 85fu?

But sure, lower the fuel price, I'm fully positive that axis version of SU-76 kind of useful unit is exactly what ost players want and dream about.
26 Mar 2015, 18:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

if the SU76 was 40-50 fuel I'd probably use it regardless of how "bad" it is because I can make up with how bad it is with numbers and its earlier arrival time thanks to a lowered cost.

TWo panzer werferinos saturating an area at any range is nothing to just ignore and scoff at, that's a lot of rockets in a somewhat tight space Kappa
26 Mar 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would use the Su76 on it's actual state, on 2v2, if it cost 50f. Would help deal with mech/PII and not delayed me so much my call ins if i also get a Katy.
26 Mar 2015, 18:36 PM

panzer werfer needs to be in t3 where you have a chance to waste fuel on something other than anti tank. In t4 it has zero place considering the cost and time to retain and the low amount of damage it can practically inflict.
26 Mar 2015, 18:39 PM

Logic is absent there. If werfer is crap, why there is still 90% axis and 10% allies in automatch?
Wa? Those 90 percent don't build werfers is why.
26 Mar 2015, 18:42 PM

This still doesn't fix the fact that it's an artillery piece you need to use in ranges normally reserved for the Sturmtiger or Mortars.

What exactly is the point of it only being able to hit things at point blank range when it doesn't have more mobility, or more health than the Katyusha.
26 Mar 2015, 18:42 PM

So let's say you had the power, how would you fix Panzerwerfer? Improved accuracy?
26 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM

So let's say you had the power, how would you fix Panzerwerfer? Improved accuracy?

Fix T4, reduce scatter a little bit.
26 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

Same health, armor, and mobility as the Stuka, more accurate at medium range, very accurate at close range. Fires more rockets.

and before you ask, I think the Katyusha needs more health and better mobility and better accuracy at farther rangers.

26 Mar 2015, 19:53 PM

Same health, armor, and mobility as the Stuka, more accurate at medium range, very accurate at close range. Fires more rockets.

and before you ask, I think the Katyusha needs more health and better mobility and better accuracy at farther rangers.

Well yes, I think the same health, armor and mobility for both Panzerwerfer and Katyusha as Stuka sounds very reasonable.
26 Mar 2015, 19:56 PM

Well yes, I think the same health, armor and mobility for both Panzerwerfer and Katyusha as Stuka sounds very reasonable.

You can't really give the Katyusha the same armor because well, it's a bloody truck. But it should be the most long range of all the Rocket Artillery vehicles.

How it should be:

Katyusha = most effective most at medium range, still viable at long
Pwerfer = effective at medium range, easier to use in close (due to better speed/acceleration/health/armor)
Stuka = in between.

26 Mar 2015, 20:30 PM

Very good arguments have already been made, so I wont repeat them and will just add my voice in support:

The Panzerwerfer is underpowered by every objective measure.

It also should never have been moved from T2. Relic moved it to T3 for the most arbitrary of reasons in the first place, because building 4 would then have only 2 vehicles.
26 Mar 2015, 23:52 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 17:16 PMgokkel

it does work better for me if i am in kissing distance. nice hyperbole dude.
27 Mar 2015, 02:06 AM

Basically all the artillery in this game besides the Stuka and B4 suck. Buff howitzers, katyushas, panzerwerfers, across the board.
27 Mar 2015, 02:31 AM

Why Katusha or Panzerwerfer should have the same health or mobility as stuka, where stuka's fuel cost is almost twice more than them (considering the lower fuel income percentage of OKW)! that could be valid for panzerwerfer if it was supposed to be used as an assault-gun on the front line! ;P but it is a mobile arty and is supposed to be used at range.
27 Mar 2015, 04:12 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2015, 02:31 AMAladdin

Why Katusha or Panzerwerfer should have the same health or mobility as stuka, where stuka's fuel cost is almost twice more than them (considering the lower fuel income percentage of OKW)! that could be valid for panzerwerfer if it was supposed to be used as an assault-gun on the front line! ;P but it is a mobile arty and is supposed to be used at range.

Valid point, I don't think the werfer or katyusha should get 320 health. They are just fine with 160. If anything 200 max. The werfer isn't that great, similar to the FHT the teching requirements make this thing as rare as a unicorn.
27 Mar 2015, 04:53 AM

Permanently Banned

P-wefer isnt the best ( cus stuka is)

but its far from bad.

Built three of them in this game

USF player used preists

Which of course, did worse
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias