Login

russian armor

What are you expecting from the British Army?

15 Mar 2015, 15:39 PM

Return of the gliders.
15 Mar 2015, 16:00 PM

Winston Churchill once said "If I had Canadian soldiers, American technology and British officers, I would rule the World".

at that time

"If I had Canadian soldiers, American technology and British officers, I would be Stalin and rule Soviet Union".
15 Mar 2015, 16:11 PM

I just want the Churchill with 17-pounder to be part of the main faction and NOT doctrinal.
15 Mar 2015, 16:25 PM

I am expecting broken balance.

I lol'ed
15 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM

6th para.
guards & welshies :3

keeping it in theme with the operation, i guess it would probably have to model 30 corps unless they change theater entirely.

but really, i think someone mentioned it here already. i sort of expect the introduction, if the rumors are true to just be a support arm of the usf. :\

I think you are correct, infact new armys come out in number of 2, they will never release only one faction (2 vs. 3) , maybe there is a new US commander that call in some commandos.
15 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM

I am expecting 25 pounders and kangaroo. MVGame
15 Mar 2015, 17:33 PM

I am expecting broken balance.

You can´t break something that is already broken.
15 Mar 2015, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 15:11 PMBurts
I expect the british army to be a part of USF in coh 2. Some british commander abilities and that's it.

Why do i think this? Notice it only says "british commander pack" it the game files, along with OKW, Soviet, Wehrmacht and USF commander packs.

There is no 3rd axis faction mentioned. And having 3 allied factions but only 2 axis factions while plausible, i dont think its going to happen.

If I was a betting man I would bet that the British are going to be released in the same fashion as the AA factions. First a commander will be released for one of the existing factions showcasing a British unit or two, then a month or two later we'll get the faction proper.
15 Mar 2015, 17:40 PM
Donator 22

I would prefer the British Army with multiple commanders that reflect different Commonwealth sensibilities. For example, a Canadian commander, an ANZAC commander, a Polish Commander, etc.

I also expect it to be based upon the British 8th army. Yes, I know that all the above makes no sense with regards to what actually happened. Since when does that matter in Coh2?:)
15 Mar 2015, 17:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can´t break something that is already broken.

I'm pretty sure after breaking a large rock in half you can break it even tinier. :p
15 Mar 2015, 18:20 PM
Patrion 14

It would be easy to have a 'British Support Commander' for USF given the Brits fought on the northern flank of the Ardennes offensive.

Fireflies, Tommies etc as call-ins. Job done.
15 Mar 2015, 18:49 PM

I'd quite like to see something with a focus similar to that that the OKW has to deal with. Similar but not the same.

Commonwealth inclusion is an obvious go to, so there's that. Plenty of vehicle and weapon designs and manpower support from all the British territories.

But I'd also like a real focus in the tech structure towards long time preservation of units and retrofitting, specifically in the armour department.

Unlike Russia and to a certain extent Gremany, the UK had a very small landmass with which to produce vehicles. They couldn't just churn out prototype designs every other day, and there was a lot of fitting old hulls with equipment as and when it was needed. Either back home by adapting an old hull to a new armament, on on the field by just welding whatever you could find into the damn thing.

The ability, for example, to start the game with a very early Churchill I tank. Expensive but available quickly, as it comes with all the glory of a 2pdr and a fixed traverse 3in gun in the hull. If it survives my teching attempts, bring it back to base and replace the turret to make it a Churchill III or IV, and with a little patience for my fourth tech tier I can then retrofit that with a 75mm gun and (slightly in the face of reality) adapt the hull into a Mk VII. Commanders, perhaps, could offer the option for upgrading that into a Crocodile or an AVRE or adding a mine plough.

Or tanks like the Valentine. Sure, keep it alive, up the gun to a 6pdr or a 75mm. Keep it alive late into the game and you can adapt it to the late game with a 17pdr in a superstructure, giving you a heavy AT platform on the reasonably cheap. Which also happens to go faster in reverse, as the gun is mounted backwards, so to speak.

What I never ever want to see again is another unit that gives area buffs and vet equivalents. Just let my infantry vet up like normal. Ideally to vet 4 or 5, given how long the Brits had been in the war. Make the exhausted Brits and the exhausted OKW nice counterparts to one another on the battered western front. Releasing them at the same time would have been a bit samey, but by now I reckon we're ready.

Scaling tanks? That sounds cool as hell...

Tech trees for tanks to either advance to be tougher in their role, or become a different variant like Churchill AVRE, Crocodile; for cromwells to either have their own large howitzer or to become an AA cromwell... And perhaps action in this from the staple universal carrier.
15 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Scaling tanks? That sounds cool as hell...

Totally agreed. Like weapon racks for tanks but on steroids? I'm in.
15 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

Oh yes, I can't wait for this. Then add 5 more infantry squads from the med hut!

All British infantry should have a snipe ability. When you have triple LTs with vet 2, all snipes headshot two dudes at once, because skill.
15 Mar 2015, 20:17 PM

How about, there are actually no Brits coming?
15 Mar 2015, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 20:17 PMPorygon
How about, there are actually no Brits coming?

Even if they don't, we can talk about what we'd like.

And if they aren't, way to include America and Russia but not single largest force that was in the war for years before either of them.

'Murrica, etc.
15 Mar 2015, 21:03 PM

A faction that focus's on a diverse set of AT guns instead of having just one, as if any army in the war used one AT gun and nothing else.
15 Mar 2015, 21:07 PM

More pudding
15 Mar 2015, 21:14 PM

Lots of artillery and field howitzers, a focus on light mobile infantry, mine fields, ground attack airplanes, and tea.
15 Mar 2015, 21:33 PM
Donator 33

hhmmm 3 "Allied" factions sounds intresting, and Brits having the best anti-infantry units..and Firefly´s to knock out Tigers and KT´s,

i bet they would get some Air Support from the RAF too, maybe carpet bomb the whole enemy side of the map, but that could be countered of course by AA or a high munition cost on the abilities
i wonder what would they add to the Axis, to satisfy the Axis playerbase, we might see the return of the Flak 88 with HE/AP rounds or V1 rockets with a huge scatter so they could land pretty much anywhere.

"Or Relic Could go crazy and turn COH 2 to a mix between Dawn of War and Company of heroes and add some "Special units" to Axis, to counter Shocktroopers and such :P"

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 63
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak