Login

russian armor

War Spoils update from Relic

4 Mar 2015, 22:28 PM
Donator 11

Some Relic guy named scubasteve private message me on your official forums that a new ladder would be released "very very soon"... well that was late october and still no news.... how long is your soon relic?
4 Mar 2015, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 22:18 PMGdot
8 questions seem easily achievable - you could bang them out while eating lunch. Its understood that you have many things on your to-do list, as most working professionals do - but wouldn't communicating with the community be a priority on your list, as community manager?
Even if the idea sounds stupid - it still offers a chance to connect with us and create some rapport. Maybe even teach us a little about how you operate so we could work together to make this community better. I hope we do real soon™.

apparently she's quite active on the offical forums

but you'd have to be an idiot to go there... seriously. the website's visual clusterfuck is enough to turn me off it forever

also: fuck having to enter my date of birth everytime i want to check a website!
4 Mar 2015, 23:25 PM
Patrion 14

Communicating with the community is, as we prove time and again, not as easy as you lot seem to think. The official forums, this site, twitter, facebook, dow stuff..
You could spend a whole day replying to everybody on the forums. Sadly, communicating with us is only a part of her job. God knows what else she has to do but I think she's fairly busy.

Give her a break, I'm convinced she does what she can.

*white knighting continues*

\O O7 O/
4 Mar 2015, 23:43 PM

I'm with the Kluge on this one.
5 Mar 2015, 00:23 AM

apparently she's quite active on the offical forums

but you'd have to be an idiot to go there... seriously. the website's visual clusterfuck is enough to turn me off it forever

also: fuck having to enter my date of birth everytime i want to check a website!
You don't have to enter that you can just hit the forum button.

5 Mar 2015, 07:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2015, 23:43 PMNapalm
I'm with the Kluge on this one.

Rawr
5 Mar 2015, 09:20 AM

I don't think people who haven't had to deal with the general public in a professional setting (service jobs, call-centers, retail etc.) can really appreciate how much it strains your mind. It is hard work and about 100% of people are assholes, and many of them let that show when they are consumer.
5 Mar 2015, 16:51 PM

Communicating with the community is, as we prove time and again, not as easy as you lot seem to think. The official forums, this site, twitter, facebook, dow stuff..
You could spend a whole day replying to everybody on the forums. Sadly, communicating with us is only a part of her job. God knows what else she has to do but I think she's fairly busy.

Give her a break, I'm convinced she does what she can.

*white knighting continues*

\O O7 O/

Nah man your right regardless Cynthia gets way too much for crap for a bunch she has no control over. Shes just the community manager, she doesnt have anything to do with balance,bugs or any other gameplay problems while also being bound the NDA not making things any easier which again 0 control over.
6 Mar 2015, 13:26 PM
Patrion 28

It's not that I don't care - I am one person and I can't be everywhere at once. My focus is our official forums yes, because it has to be. I know that the information always makes it over here, and I've already commented in the shoutbox here as well. I am looking forward to cloning technology becoming a thing we can use/abuse to our advantage.

Also, regarding your interview request - when there is so much that needs to be done for this community, and MANY things on my to-do list, talking about myself is the least important aspect of my job. I was under the impression that you understood this based on our private message communication - if you've got more thoughts on this feel free to message me. You know where to find me, and I'm always happy to chat with you when I can :) Honestly, I'm really not all that interesting, either.

it doesn't, actually. you weren't here for DoW2 but none of the relic devs were visible on the community forums; they all went to gamereplays when they wanted constructive feedback. the community forums were mostly a circle jerk that got smaller and smaller as time went on and people stopped playing the game.

i'm not trying to be snide here; i'm just point out that relic has done that in the past. different people, different ways of working. i don't think where you spend your time has a huge influence on how the game pans out anyway. :mellow:
6 Mar 2015, 13:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Anything cynthia/relic says on the official forums gets crossposted in seconds anyway by those brave souls roaming the official forums
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★