Login

russian armor

How to prevent blobs

3 Mar 2015, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 15:19 PMBurts

Sorry you misunderstood me. I said one of these units at this time, not all 3....

If a person is converting munitions to fuel to rush a stuka they are fucked if you rush a sherman/t34 because they have exactly 1 shrek, maaaaaybe 2. Fairly easy to deal with all told.

Resource conversion shouldn't even be in the game for how much it gimps you by using it, but OKW should have never had a fuel penalty either so go figure.
5 Mar 2015, 06:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2015, 16:23 PMrejfor
Just change def bonuses for OKW veterancy - problem solved. It's very hard to blob as Wehr or SU just because of their unit armor.

Wrong the problem is not "solved" you ignorant goon. OKW isn't the only faction that's abusing blobbing and it seems that only because it is a German faction that anyone gives complaints towards it any sort of credence. American riflemen are more than capable of blobbing regularly simply because they have extreme durability, accuracy, damage, and rate of fire compared to similar units.

Or Shocktroops their armor and smoke grenades make it near impossible to kill any significant amount of them before they can close in, wiping them is extremely difficult and if you can't do it, you'll eventually have blobs of 3+ Shocktroops wiping everything in their paths.

Conscripts, cheap upkeep despite same initial manpower cost as Grenadiers. Easy to upgrade with PPSh's and they are numerous, couple them with penals or just spam them alone and you'll provide more than a headache for the Axis factions.

If you want to actually solve the issue you need to put more emphasis on the suppression abilities of the machine gun, not just the German but also the Allied variants. While Wehrmacht will have options to counter maxim spam with doctrinal and non doctrinal abilities (Mortars and Mortar Smoke Barrages), OKW suffers heavily from it with no real smoke or incendiary abilities.

Americans basic line infantry which is also their best unit besides Paratroopers actually has an overabundance of smoke with smoke grenades (bad idea giving them that, should have given it to some other unit) making MG's practically useless as they are.
5 Mar 2015, 06:59 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

How to prevent blobbing. dont give potent AT to cheap infantry. Ostheer, USF and soviet infantry blobs can be dealt with tanks easily.
Ofcourse OKW blobs can being dealt with tanks too but it requires way more micro than fighting other faction's blobs
5 Mar 2015, 07:07 AM

I was always a fan of making the T-34 ram target infantry :3
TM!!
5 Mar 2015, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 06:52 AMSierra

If you want to actually solve the issue you need to put more emphasis on the suppression abilities of the machine gun, not just the German but also the Allied variants.

Agreed.
5 Mar 2015, 07:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 06:52 AMSierra

Wrong the problem is not "solved" you ignorant goon. OKW isn't the only faction that's abusing blobbing and it seems that only because it is a German faction that anyone gives complaints towards it any sort of credence. American riflemen are more than capable of blobbing regularly simply because they have extreme durability, accuracy, damage, and rate of fire compared to similar units.

Or Shocktroops their armor and smoke grenades make it near impossible to kill any significant amount of them before they can close in, wiping them is extremely difficult and if you can't do it, you'll eventually have blobs of 3+ Shocktroops wiping everything in their paths.

Conscripts, cheap upkeep despite same initial manpower cost as Grenadiers. Easy to upgrade with PPSh's and they are numerous, couple them with penals or just spam them alone and you'll provide more than a headache for the Axis factions.

If you want to actually solve the issue you need to put more emphasis on the suppression abilities of the machine gun, not just the German but also the Allied variants. While Wehrmacht will have options to counter maxim spam with doctrinal and non doctrinal abilities (Mortars and Mortar Smoke Barrages), OKW suffers heavily from it with no real smoke or incendiary abilities.

Americans basic line infantry which is also their best unit besides Paratroopers actually has an overabundance of smoke with smoke grenades (bad idea giving them that, should have given it to some other unit) making MG's practically useless as they are.

1+
blobbing have to be unattractive for every faction
25 Mar 2015, 22:20 PM

Exactly. Increased suppression of grouped units would be great solution imo. Single units get suppressed as usual and blobs get stopped cold for mortars or whatever to chew on and everyone lives happily ever after.
25 Mar 2015, 22:23 PM

How do conscripts have cheap upkeep?

Full squad reinforcement cost for Cons: 100 MP
For Grenadiers: 90 MP
25 Mar 2015, 23:08 PM

25 Mar 2015, 23:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 23:08 PMPorygon

There's other kinds of upkeep?
25 Mar 2015, 23:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 23:14 PMVuther

There's other kinds of upkeep?

Popcap.
25 Mar 2015, 23:58 PM

If you are blobbing, any serious player would kick your ass. Ofc it doesnt work like 6 rifleman units against a single mg, but with 2 mgs it would be ok. Don't think you can leave your MG to cover half of your map like in CoH1, na-ah. Don't cry and be happy for those who blob, you can defeat them easily.
26 Mar 2015, 00:05 AM

:guyokay:
26 Mar 2015, 00:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Popcap.

Which I can't hear mentioned without thinking of USF.
26 Mar 2015, 02:41 AM

Another thing is that allies have better counter against blobs such as much stronger support weapons, (by far) superior indirect fire, and demos. whereas axis doesn't.

So, the main solution (specially as axis) is to veto some maps. Some maps are extremely hard to play against blobing people, even if they have much lower skills. Maps like Hur. forest, trois pont, semos. etc. basically close combat and chock point maps.

That's one reason why I like winter maps cause my opponent's blob gets stuck in snow and long-range combat and cover stands out.
26 Mar 2015, 05:45 AM
Donator 11

I don't think we should shift abilities around in general.
Just add a received accuracy modifier for bunched up units. Starting with like 3 units on top of each other = 7,5% received accuracy, 4 = 10,00%, 5 = 12,5%. This would not nerf the units themself, which would throw out the current "balance", but the blob itself. And it applies to all factions equally. Using 7 Infantry squads at once isnt inheritently bad, but they need to be microed.
26 Mar 2015, 05:47 AM
Donator 11

Since I got my Close Air Support Commander from Valentine's day my troubles with blobs are gone. Me and my OKW mate won 13 games in a row against blobbers and it was easy. The last game we lost was because our opponents where simply better and knew how to flank etc.

But CAS being the only counter to blobs insteas of MGs is questionable.

Well I think that if you are playing as OKW you wont have much of a problem with blobs. It is the OKW blob that's creating all the issues.
26 Mar 2015, 05:55 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 13:20 PMVIPUKS

In team games there are more players which means there will be more units and 1v1 maps are used for 2v2 mode so it's obvious you will get the image of blobbing because player get only 1/4 of map to play with (if we split map for 4 players).
And again when player got 1/4 map it's actually even easier to guess your opponent movement and counter it, in the end we saw many videos of people blobs getting murdered by howitzers and demos.
Everything else you said about me was just rubbish talk and I'm not even going to discuss it.

I played this game while it was in alpha and got 1.5k h why are you even trying to compare your stats to mine ?

he wasnt comparing his stats with yours buddy
26 Mar 2015, 12:55 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 02:41 AMAladdin
Another thing is that allies have better counter against blobs such as much stronger support weapons, (by far) superior indirect fire, and demos. whereas axis doesn't.

i guess you mean b4 when you say by far superior indirect fire and i agree about demo, but what other much stronger support weapons?

soviet just simply does not have an AOE suppression platform, M2HB is nice, needs support like HMG42.
26 Mar 2015, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2015, 12:55 PMpigsoup

i guess you mean b4 when you say by far superior indirect fire and i agree about demo, but what other much stronger support weapons?

soviet just simply does not have an AOE suppression platform, M2HB is nice, needs support like HMG42.

The Maxim is currently the most durable and easy to use MG in the game, and the 82mm mortar's vet ability is excellent.

Soviets have the best blob counters in the game, not really much contest there. Axis doesn't have anything like the ISU or B4.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★