Login

russian armor

Mid-lvl player, biggest issue is no indirect w/ usf & okw

• This thread is locked
26 Feb 2015, 14:11 PM

I am not an uber player in the top 100. I am an AVERAGE player, who loves the game, and has put many hours into it. After all the hours I have played, I would say that indirect fire is the problem with the game, for usf and okw.

As an okw player, I am in the top 1,000. Any other faction, I am in the 2-3,000 range. It is very frustrating as a USF or OKW player to have no indirect fire. Often times you will feel as if you are struggling (esp usf), and a flak base is set up, or other insta-supress (mg, flak emplacements, etc), and it's game over. As usf in mid-tier play, you often have to choose between lieutenant or capt... and if you choose capt for aa then you are later screwed for removing any emplacements in buildings, etc.

If you could get a mortar, or any other indirect fire, it would give you a good hard counter. There are no hard counters for usf or okw in these situation unless you want to commit serious resources. Again, there may be counters if you are a mirco god, but for mid level play, it is very difficult. Allowing OKW a good indirect fire and nerfing some of their other units would solve this problem. Giving usf a low level indirect fire would help them as well.
26 Feb 2015, 14:13 PM

OKW - Infantry gun is your mortar, Stuka is your Howitzer.

USF - have mortar truck but I didn't managed to get anything decent performance wise from it, Scout, Howitzer you can build from Captain building, Preist - these are your indirect fire units with USF.

As USF use smoke to get past defensive positions.
26 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM

OKW - Infantry gun is your mortar, Stuka is your Howitzer.

USF - have mortar truck but I didn't managed to get anything decent performance wise from it, Scout, Howitzer you can build from Captain building, Preist - these are your indirect fire units with USF.

As USF use smoke to get past defensive positions.

OKW I can see, but with usf the smoke is not viable until later. And yes, the mortar half-track is commander based, and the last I tried it, it was very underperforming.
26 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Oz has answered you.

@OP: This is not a Balance issue. I suggest you post some replays of your losses in the relevant Strategy section and ask for a crit. There are many who will give you helpful advice.

Moving on

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS