Login

russian armor

Damn this balance

PAGES (15)down
25 Feb 2015, 15:56 PM

The search results are like this because Axis in large team games are easier to win with. It is never going to change really unless a serious balance patch occurs.

My thoughts here say it all really.
25 Feb 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:36 PMspajn

Really? When i searched for games in coh1 (I played from release and 2-3 years afterwards) it always was 3 axis searching , 1 or 0 allies and it took forever to find a game.

In my experience (or memory?) Allies were often much more popular in CoH1 2V2 auto. It could always swing the Axis way too but there certainly wasn't an clear bias towards Axis like there is and always has been in CoH2.
25 Feb 2015, 16:11 PM

You're just gonna hear a bunch of people saying that you should organize a team and stop complaining about randoms.

Basically your fault for playing the game the way it's designed to be played.

Ok, so Axis OKW is intentially made OP to win. Awesome. =/

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 07:28 AMFlamee
Queen:

I did...counted to 10 after I posted, took a walk, then played again.

Aaaaand another one not understanding basic math... if anything, what you mean is % of players searching. That's a big difference, and as some people have already shown, % of people playing axis is likely <55%.

What's it matter when the BULK of the players searching are Axis? That means there's more people SEARCHING who will be PLAYING. 100 people searching the game mode, 96 of them are Axis and only 4 Allies. If more people are searching/playing, then more of them are going to be seasoned players.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 12:09 PMZtormi

Perhaps it's easier to play "better" with some factions?

As for the search rates, surely they reflect balance to some extent, who seriously would like taking it to the ass every other game?

This.

Why every day starts someone a thread about that is OP oh and ofc that is even more OP, or even IMBALANCED :*( Why people need all those dsicussions can somebody tell me please? i can´t get the point of it, for me it just sounds like little childs having lost their lolly.

3v3 and 4v4 is just scrubmode to have some fun and trolling around, so who cares about crap? Just start playing 1v1 or 2v2 i mean where is the point complaning about 4v4 random a mode filled with braindead Zombies? There is nothing, it´s not the game, just dumb people.

2v2 is worse. Still the same mix of people playing and then I have worse odds of landing a good Allied player. So, to your point, all the people that want to win play Axis, leaving the "dumb" ones to play USF. So...again, the balance is shown by the number of people who only search one side (the easier OP'd side).

True. Players like Esexile will not understand this though. They only play one faction and even if he has streaked 6 wins with USF in 4v4 RANDOM (repeatedly claimed to be worst-worst), he still complains because him winning can then only be explained by what an utter pro-player he is *cough cough*

Play random USF and get back with me.

No need to defend this bs, we all know COH2 players prefer Axis and will always pick Axis. As someone mentioned above, the WWII franchise will always have German fan boys because they have "cool" and powerful army.

At the same time, Allies require more coordination and micro to play the game. The beginner will have the hardest time using USF/Sov than blobing VGs with shreks. I stopped playing randoms Allies bc of WFA, before it was more fun and somewhat balanced.

If anyone wants to play Allies than he/she should just play with a arranged team. simple. guarantees win most times. fun to wreck Axis n00bs and talk shit.

That's BS. The only way to win games is to have a stacked/arranged team? A) Again reflects the imbalance and B)Not everyone has the luxury of having Steam "friends" to play with.
25 Feb 2015, 16:35 PM

Permanently Banned
The only way to win as allies in 2v2+ is to have an Arranged team

Soo few people play them that match making will fuck you over.

While axis will be match together with similar skill
25 Feb 2015, 16:39 PM

I never understood what the fun of larger teamgames is.

I always enjoyed the smaller skirmishes the most, nothing beats the tension a good 1v1 or 2v2 can provide, with things escalating. Tech choices have more meaning, in 3v3 / 4v4 youre usually rushing to your heaviest armor ( as its pretty easy ) and camp from there on. Ofcourse larger teamgames will be axis favoured. Because its easier to stall and tech.

Honestly, go play 1v1 if you want the most balanced and skill based option there possible. Go play 2v2 if you enjoy playing with someone else while maintaining reasonable balance.

And above all, dont take losing too seriously. I did for some while and it did kill the fun i had with this game.

Oh, and relic, its time for a patch. Like seriously. A big chunky one. Announce something ffs.
25 Feb 2015, 16:44 PM

I don't know... maybe such thing like friends and good company.
25 Feb 2015, 16:51 PM

I always enjoyed the smaller skirmishes the most, nothing beats the tension a good 1v1 or 2v2 can provide, with things escalating. Tech choices have more meaning, in 3v3 / 4v4 youre usually rushing to your heaviest armor ( as its pretty easy ) and camp from there on. Ofcourse larger teamgames will be axis favoured. Because its easier to stall and tech.

Honestly, go play 1v1 if you want the most balanced and skill based option there possible. Go play 2v2 if you enjoy playing with someone else while maintaining reasonable balance.

And above all, dont take losing too seriously. I did for some while and it did kill the fun i had with this game.

Oh, and relic, its time for a patch. Like seriously. A big chunky one. Announce something ffs.

3 v 3+ games portrays the feeling of large scale epic battles like Kursk. Large tank battles with your friends over voice makes it epic and fun.
25 Feb 2015, 16:52 PM

I prefer 2v2, but I can't get a teammate worth a flip most of the time. I only started playing 3v3 and 4v4 to increase my odds of getting better teammates.

It doesn't matter, though, the SOP for axis is the same. Hold the line, get critical mass of vetted troops and the OP tanks then steam roll. The double shreked blob is a anti-inf & anti-tank force and, of course, the Panthers and OP Super-tanks of Axis shreds armor. USF has to micro 3 forces to fight the 2 in hopes to win: Riflemen with BARs and M8s for anti-inf and the tanks for anti-tank. But all Axis just does is an attack move, no micro required.
25 Feb 2015, 17:17 PM

Ofcourse larger teamgames will be axis favoured. Because its easier to stall and tech.

Funny thing is there are is one simple change that will not affect 1v1 AT ALL though it will affect 2v2 a little (and 3v3 and 4v4 a whole lot, which is kind of the point, no?)

If you increase OKW fuel income to 100% with a commensurate increase in the fuel cost of everything, then you will have fixed one of the broken parts of 3v3 and 4v4, which is that OKW no longer benefits out of proportion from fuel caches, fuel drops, etc.

2v2 will be affected but I am not sure to how great of a degree and I have not yet thought if there is an easy way to compensate. (That is assuming that the synergy between Ost and OKW is not a problem in 2v2).
25 Feb 2015, 17:24 PM

If in 4's and 3's Axis's late game power is amplified, so is Allies early game power. Conspam and Riflespam early game can be extremely difficult to deal with for Axis due to the shear weight of so much infantry, not to mention the increased amount of indirect fire.

Ostheer get's pretty much reduced to a support faction due to the insane amounts of increased DPS. The 4 model squad problem becomes even more of an issue as the amount of indirect on the field greatly ramps up.
25 Feb 2015, 17:37 PM

Conspam and Riflespam early game can be extremely difficult to deal with for Axis due to the shear weight of so much infantry, not to mention the increased amount of indirect fire.

1 well microed kubel.

Ostheer get's pretty much reduced to a support faction due to the insane amounts of increased DPS. The 4 model squad problem becomes even more of an issue as the amount of indirect on the field greatly ramps up.

Pure gren blobs armed with g43 work surprisingly well. Thing is, thanks to obers ultimate AI power its better to bring some mgs, mortars and use grens defensively, dumping all spare mp into caches.
25 Feb 2015, 19:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The only way to win as allies in 2v2+ is to have an Arranged team

Really?

Obviously I must be doing something wrong then
25 Feb 2015, 21:16 PM

Really?

Obviously I must be doing something wrong then

hahaha awesome reponse:clap:
25 Feb 2015, 21:43 PM

..blaming your teammates for the loss, taking the credit for the win.
25 Feb 2015, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 17:37 PMJadame!

1 well microed kubel.

Pure gren blobs armed with g43 work surprisingly well. Thing is, thanks to obers ultimate AI power its better to bring some mgs, mortars and use grens defensively, dumping all spare mp into caches.

1 well microed kubel isn't going to stop 5 con squads back up by 4 rifle squads, Allies having the early game advantage is pretty well documented. Honestly, it's stupid that each side has a distinct advantage at certain points in the game rather than all factions scaling equally over time.

Con spam and Rifle spam in 4's is very, very deadly. The advantage allies have in getting better infantry units out the door faster early game is amplified, then if you add in the Ostheers weakness to USF and OKW's poor early starting units it's quite easy to lock down most of the map as allies in the first 5-8 minutes.
25 Feb 2015, 22:21 PM

Ofc they want, i don´t say something against that people want to play 4v4...

in 3v3 and 4v4 are the most brainless people around.

Yeah...I was gonna cut another of your posts in here too but this one and same speaks for itself.
25 Feb 2015, 22:31 PM

How'd this degrade to a 4v4 bash?

My original point is the OP nature of one side gets exaggerated more and more in team games the higher (2v2 -> 3v3 -> 4v4 ) you go. It gets to the point that more players move away from the UP side to the OP side preventing any solid foundation of talent, such that the player base and likely hood of getting good players in team game is slim.
25 Feb 2015, 23:02 PM

1 well microed kubel isn't going to stop 5 con squads back up by 4 rifle squads, Allies having the early game advantage is pretty well documented. Honestly, it's stupid that each side has a distinct advantage at certain points in the game rather than all factions scaling equally over time.

Con spam and Rifle spam in 4's is very, very deadly. The advantage allies have in getting better infantry units out the door faster early game is amplified, then if you add in the Ostheers weakness to USF and OKW's poor early starting units it's quite easy to lock down most of the map as allies in the first 5-8 minutes.

Wow you make it sound almost like allies have a chance in 4v4.

You are correct 1 kubel won't stop 9 squads of inf, expect that even if all 4 players do that you are still at minute 3, and you completely ignore the fact that there are 3 other German players.

The hard hitting allied inf are less impressive in large games, actually, because their window of use is shorter, and the Germans can actually tech to better units quickly.

Also you can't lock down most of the map by minute 8 even if you can the OKW players have bases up you are going to pound your head against. And they lose nothing by having 1 person go stuka to nullify your support weapons.

Con spam and Rifle spam is just about all the allies have and its really not good.

Seriously though you make it sound like allies have the advantage in large games, and they are completely out matched from the word go.
25 Feb 2015, 23:08 PM

How about 1 kubel, 1 sturmpio, 3 volks backed by 2 MG-42 and 3 grens?

I don't know what you're expecting by telling such fairy tales to rank 3 4v4 OKW player with +36 win streak.

25 Feb 2015, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:30 PMAradan

Some people have friends and want play as a team. But I am only brainless and dumbest man. >:(

That means not all and i don´t want to injured someone here, but imer sure there is a higher chance in these mods to get scrubs as mates :D
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 65
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %