Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
16 Mar 2015, 14:24 PM

how does it not prove that its not viable? i created a strategy that revolves around using the mg42 as the core of my army and used it to climb the ladder

Can you (if you have) post one of your replay's? i would love to see your Strategy for MG 42.
16 Mar 2015, 14:46 PM

It could be worse. At least the MG42 does not have brittle bone disease like the .50 cal and the DHSK machine guns. For those who do not know, these 2 weapons have low health/armor stats for some reason so they take lots of damage from explosive weapons and will get completely wrecked if not repaired in between every engagement.

According to Relic in one of the first post WFA streams the reason why the .50 cal is more fragile is that it's better damage and suppression is balanced by it's fragility.

Honestly I'm just more concerned with how easy it is to kill the crew on the .50 cal/MG42 while standing directly in it's field of fire.
16 Mar 2015, 14:50 PM

According to Relic in one of the first post WFA streams the reason why the .50 cal is more fragile is that it's better damage and suppression is balanced by it's fragility.

Honestly I'm just more concerned with how easy it is to kill the crew on the .50 cal/MG42 while standing directly in it's field of fire.

That would be an excuse if it costed 240mp.

Hint: it doesn't.
16 Mar 2015, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 14:50 PMKatitof

That would be an excuse if it costed 240mp.

Hint: it doesn't.

According to Relic that's why it's fragile, I personally don't think it's a good idea.

I wouldn't mind it if both the MG42 and .50 cal got 6 crewmen, or some other survivability buff. The biggest challenge both face is that they can die to easily to enemy infantry with out the enemy needing to ever go through the effort of flanking.
16 Mar 2015, 15:01 PM

The biggest suitability buff they can get is spread formations and OPsoldaten nerf. That applies to all weapon teams, sticking their weewees into each other is the main cause of their explosions originated deaths.
16 Mar 2015, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 15:01 PMKatitof
The biggest suitability buff they can get is spread formations and OPsoldaten nerf. That applies to all weapon teams, sticking their weewees into each other is the main cause of their explosions originated deaths.

It's not just explosives or Obers, rifles can easily just walk up to an MG42 squad and kill it with out any other thinking. What's the point of machines guns if they are literally unable to do their job?

I can easily walk up to a .50 cal and kill the crew with out barely any effort, and it has nothing to do with bunching, they crew is just fragile as shit and only has 4 men.
16 Mar 2015, 15:18 PM

@austerlitz Im not even gonna argue with you because you damn near break into tears every time someone talks about ostheer.

If u don't want me to reply don't post insulting shit like ost is fine only has 'mechanical problems'.Thats a usf fanboy crying to keep his autowin candy right there.
16 Mar 2015, 15:37 PM

It's not just explosives or Obers, rifles can easily just walk up to an MG42 squad and kill it with out any other thinking. What's the point of machines guns if they are literally unable to do their job?

I can easily walk up to a .50 cal and kill the crew with out barely any effort, and it has nothing to do with bunching, they crew is just fragile as shit and only has 4 men.

Unless in both cases you have used OPsoldaten then I call

16 Mar 2015, 15:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If the issue is survivability with the 4 man crew, why not change their received accuracy modifier to not be 1.25 (and formations as well)? That was put in awhile ago because small-arms were a lot less lethal and accurate and was never changed when March Deployment hit.

16 Mar 2015, 15:52 PM

So it was intentional? Christ, Relic never ceases to amaze me.
16 Mar 2015, 16:17 PM

Relic have nerfed PTRS, M-42 and partisans directly and indirectly.
Never underestimate them.
16 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 15:37 PMKatitof

Unless in both cases you have used OPsoldaten then I call

It's all RNG, if your squad targets the gunner then it's fairly easy to wipe the MG because it won't be shooting at you at all. Sometimes I find myself easily able to wipe .50 cals with Fuss or Volks, sometimes my Obers won't do shit.

Was USF Iv been able to replicate killing MG42's fairly easily just due to the fact if you catch the MG42 while it's traversed to one side if you go in on the other you can kill 1-2 models before it targets you.

Chat was preeetty toxic after that.
16 Mar 2015, 17:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If u don't want me to reply don't post insulting shit like ost is fine only has 'mechanical problems'.Thats a usf fanboy crying to keep his autowin candy right there.

Well , Ost suffers from the same things everyone suffers from, one way or the other. Name any problem with ost and I can come up with a similar issue in another faction or matchup. You know what that means? ITS A GLOBAL MECHANICAL ISSUE THAT THE MG TEAMS BUNCH UP and get wiped by nades,, AND THHR GUNNER GET SNIPED FROM THE FRONT by BLOBS that do TOO MUCH DPS to fragile weapon teams... ITS NOT JUST AN OST ISSUE. IF YOU FIX THIS, OST WILL BE FINE, and BALACE WILL IMPROVE ACROSS THE BOARD.

considrig ostheer is my second favorite faction personally, and ostheer is far from being an easy win for me when I'm USF,I just want to enjoy the game no matter what faction I queue. Quit accusing me of being a fanboy when you have a panther as your profile pic, a name that sounds German, and constantly complain about how bad the Ostheer is. With every. Single. Post. You. Make. me? I just play usf more because I like them and I never got to play a game like coh with the Americans. I never blob unless I've given up, and I have yet to win a top level game where I just blabbed as usf.

Quit exaggerating and see from both sides.
16 Mar 2015, 17:49 PM

Well , Ost suffers from the same things everyone suffers from, one way or the other. Name any problem with ost and I can come up with a similar issue in another faction or matchup. You know what that means? ITS A GLOBAL MECHANICAL ISSUE THAT THE MG TEAMS BUNCH UP and get wiped by nades,, AND THHR GUNNER GET SNIPED FROM THE FRONT by BLOBS that do TOO MUCH DPS to fragile weapon teams... ITS NOT JUST AN OST ISSUE. IF YOU FIX THIS, OST WILL BE FINE, and BALACE WILL IMPROVE ACROSS THE BOARD.

considrig ostheer is my second favorite faction personally, and ostheer is far from being an easy win for me when I'm USF,I just want to enjoy the game no matter what faction I queue. Quit accusing me of being a fanboy when you have a panther as your profile pic, a name that sounds German, and constantly complain about how bad the Ostheer is. With every. Single. Post. You. Make. me? I just play usf more because I like them and I never got to play a game like coh with the Americans. I never blob unless I've given up, and I have yet to win a top level game where I just blabbed as usf.

Quit exaggerating and see from both sides.

You really do not want to go down this route.
16 Mar 2015, 18:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You really do not want to go down this route.

If anyone doesn't want to go down that route its you, axis team game at hero.
16 Mar 2015, 18:11 PM

If anyone doesn't want to go down that route its you, axis team game at hero.

Are you physically incapable of making a post that doesn't accuse the person you are arguing with of bias? Especially since you made to attempt to actually refute what he's saying.
16 Mar 2015, 18:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Are you physically incapable of making a post that doesn't accuse the person you are arguing with of bias? Especially since you made to attempt to actually refute what he's saying.

He is biased. Like I said, he clearly likes axis and axis only. Posts about nothing but axis needing buffs and allies needing nerfs. It's like he's a robot designed to complain, and then When I discuss with him, HE CALLS ME. A usf fanboy, I played one game, yada yada.i I explain why I'm not, and he is, and you tell me not to go down that route. What are you saying?
16 Mar 2015, 18:21 PM

He is biased. Like I said, he clearly likes axis and axis only. Posts about nothing but axis needing buffs and allies needing nerfs. It's like he's a robot designed to complain, and then When I discuss with him, HE CALLS ME. A usf fanboy, I played one game, yada yada.i I explain why I'm not, and he is, and you tell me not to go down that route. What are you saying?

You didn't discuss anything, you just said "Well I find it to be just fine" and went from there. Not to mention the fact he has been bitching about the MG42 under preforming not Allies over preforming.

Even if he is "biased" your still supposed to take the high road and continue to argue in good faith, not immediately debase yourself to his level and start shit posting. The best way to build a coherent argument for something is always:

-Good grammar and spelling
-Objective evidence with personal commentary
-Keeping yourself above your opponent, avoid sounding angry
-Consistency in your narrative.
16 Mar 2015, 18:23 PM
Donator 11

No need to nerf OKW,stuka needs a buff.

It's quite different.

Ostheer is my main faction and I welcome always buff Ostheer.

MG42's incendiary round is very useful when against infantry, vehicle.

not a problem.
16 Mar 2015, 18:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You didn't discuss anything, you just said "Well I find it to be just fine" and went from there. Not to mention the fact he has been bitching about the MG42 under preforming not Allies over preforming.

Even if he is "biased" your still supposed to take the high road and continue to argue in good faith, not immediately debase yourself to his level and start shit posting. The best way to build a coherent argument for something is always:

-Good grammar and spelling
-Objective evidence with personal commentary
-Keeping yourself above your opponent, avoid sounding angry
-Consistency in your narrative.

"No one does unsupported mg42,if it was as cool as u say after one game ost wouldn't be such shit.Its helpless vs both conscript orrah and smoke.And also suppressed squads wipe it for fun with nade.I'm sick of allied fanboys trying desperately and using every excuse in the book to keep ostheer dead.I'm tired of american infantry pushing grens for fun,then light vehicle reign of terror,followed by unkillable para blob and p-47 skillplane,jackson 3 shotting armoor,squads getting one shotted and what not.Its disgusting.Just disgusting..and even more disgusting watching these shameless usf fanboys defending their autowins.American riflemen in current state vs grenadiers is cheat unit."

I played the game.and Posted my findings. That was his BIASED assault post towards me.and you tell me to take the high road and not call him biased?
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 32
United States 25
unknown 38
Germany 33
Peru 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias