Login

russian armor

British Forces vs. Afrikakorps - My suggestions

19 Feb 2015, 09:08 AM

THe Bren imo was mostly OP because it came so damn early and panzerfausts were not a 100% engine damage back then.
19 Feb 2015, 17:45 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Sniper in the desert? maybe in some urban areas. I see hard use. I see it more for buildings in Europe.

Highfiveeeee good work.
19 Feb 2015, 20:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Kubel is more easily abused than the Bren was IMO

Before Relic nerfed the Kubel in the last patch (fast disappearing from memory),it was far more effective than the Bren - even BiB (IMO).
28 Feb 2015, 11:56 AM

As discussed in several topics it seems that the idea of a British faction in CoH2 is favoured by many players.
I thought about it and these are my first suggestions:

Make a new expansion with the following content:

The Battle for Afrika

New factions:

Allies: British Forces
Axis: Deutsches Afrikakorps

Include a single player campaign that contains the following:

The fight for Africa as seen by

BOTH(!!)

factions.
At the beginning start with the Afrikakorps advancing more and more.
Always play 1 or 2 missions from the one side and then switch to the other side.
After the Afrikakorps won the first missions play a mission where you have to defeat the German advance to a certain position. Then after 5-6 missions the tides turn and the Germans are more and more in defense.
The campaign ends with the Afrikakorps leaving the continent.

But only with the fact that there is a

PLAYABLE CAMPAIGN AS GERMANS

the players will go crazy.
Relic, why don't you understand this?
Sure heroising the Germans in a WWII game is always some kind of a risky thing but at least most Germans even see Rommel as a hero until today because he represented the true soldier without war crimes and so one. The fight between Montgommery and Rommel was game of cat and mouse.

GERMAN AFRIKAKORPS

The Afrikakorps could contain a hq of tents that can be moved around just like the Afrikakorps did while advancing in Afrika at first. It is not as defensive as other HQs but can act as a forward point. It can be very strong but is very risky on the other hand. It still has to be connected to the starting sector to get any ressources (to show the German problem of the supplies while fighting the British).
In addition the Base can be upgraded with MGs for an amount of fuel just like CoHs defensive doctrine.

T0: Pioneers, Kettenkrad, Opel Blitz
T1: Grenadier, Scout (Weak in Battle but huge line of sight and can cloak in cover), MG34, Mortar
T2: Pak 40, SdKfz 231 (A bit like the Puma/Scout Car in CoH1), Fallschirmjäger
T3: Panzer III, Stug IV, Nebelwerfer
T4: StuH42, Tiger I, Goliath Mine

About the Afrikakorps units:

BRITISH FORCES

The British would get a standard HQ (why always make something complicated)?
They can move up in tiers like the Ostheer but they can switch their 'status' to defensive and 'offensive'.
While on offensive they can call in other units and build other things by their pioneers. In addition their damage is a bit stronger while fighting on ENEMY territory. Same thing on defensive but they have stronger DEFENSIVE stats in OWN territories while that's the case.
Switching between defensive and offensive states takes some time (about 60 - 120 seconds) and costs a bit of ressources so you have to make decisions.

T0: Pioneers
T1: Jeep, Tommies, Lieutenant (Grants some offensive stats while in OFFENSIVE mode)
T2: Bren Carrier (A bit better than the one from CoH1), PaK, Sniper (Better than Ostheer one but A SINGLE MAN!), Captain (Same as Lieutenant but Defensive)
T3: Valentine, Crusader Mk I, Wolverine, [Pioneers can built 6 Punder AT Guns]
T4: Churchill, Sherman Firefly

About the British units:

Red = Units that can only be built while in offensive mode.
Blue = Units that can only be built while in defensive mode.

So what do you think?
Feel free to comment and discuss!

NO ! PLEASE ! NOT another german faction... It's so boring lads ! The game should be renamed: Germany VS The Rest of The World !!!
28 Feb 2015, 12:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Time to make Italians xD And add a "desert camo" to all the existing factions and units along with summer/winter camo so it could make a sense to see them in the desert? ;)
28 Feb 2015, 12:05 PM

NO ! PLEASE ! NOT another german faction... It's so boring lads ! The game should be renamed: Germany VS The Rest of The World !!!

But... But... Mah Krupp Stuhl!

Why give any other Axis force a shoe in when you can have the ninty bazillionth version of the GLORIOUS Panzerkampfwurstwagen VierSchnitzel?

God.
28 Feb 2015, 12:29 PM

Time to make Italians xD And add a "desert camo" to all the existing factions and units along with summer/winter camo so it could make a sense to see them in the desert? ;)

Yes. Italians will be just fine for me. NO more germans PLSSSS !!! Basta! :P
28 Feb 2015, 13:34 PM

italians infantry have the 'surrender' instead of 'retreat'

no?

okay?

i'll let myself out
28 Feb 2015, 13:42 PM

italians infantry have the 'surrender' instead of 'retreat'

no?

okay?

i'll let myself out

The better choice will be a mix of italian-german troops (light italian troops + heavy german troops named Axis Korps for exemple)... So everbody will be happy !
28 Feb 2015, 13:50 PM

The better choice will be a mix of italian-german troops (light italian troops + heavy german troops named Axis Korps for exemple)... So everbody will be happy !

Please no mixed army, it's possible to do a italian faction without german support.
28 Feb 2015, 13:52 PM

Please no mixed army, it's possible to do a italian faction without german support.

Yes. I want this too, but are alot of people which they want germans, germans, germans....
28 Feb 2015, 14:23 PM

Yes. I want this too, but are alot of people which they want germans, germans, germans....

They already have TWO entirely German armies, they can shut up and appreciate the massive over-representation they already have.
28 Feb 2015, 14:28 PM

They already have TWO entirely German armies, they can shut up and appreciate the massive over-representation they already have.

Exactly
30 Apr 2015, 05:46 AM

Well for one time a new entire faction like italy will be better than a third german faction which will be boring as hell.
30 Apr 2015, 06:21 AM

Good to see that someone also spend some time writing down their ideas for the game. :D

I have a 60 pages document that i wrote with concepts for the British and the Afrika Korps.

I really liked to the way you structured the British. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★