Login

russian armor

Counter Barrage

14 Feb 2015, 18:09 PM

I've got a few questions in regards with the counter barrage ability.

1)Does the counter barrage ability shoot at mortars(when it fires), katyushas(when it fires), and the Russian AT guns(when the AT gun uses arty ability)?

2)Can this ability allow the mortar/panzerwerfer to shoot beyond their normal range? Normal range as in barrage range.

3)After the ability is used does it require to be reactivated or is that automatic?

4)Is there anytime it is extremely effective and if so in what situation?

5)Can you tell me anything else about this ability that is worth noting?
14 Feb 2015, 18:25 PM
Donator 33

1. Yes.

2. Yes, counter barrage means +33% range

3. It's a toggle-able ability. You activate it and the ability lasts as long as you don't deactivate it.

4. It's good if you want your mortar, for example, to attack enemy mortars automatically.

5. It's more accurate than the usual auto-fire I think.

EDIT: Counter barrage gets +33% range when the unit reaches vet 3. Otherwise it has the same range than the normal barrage/auto-fire
m00
14 Feb 2015, 19:13 PM
Donator 11

So has anyone actually used this ability with success? Doesn't seem to help at all when I use it.
14 Feb 2015, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2015, 19:13 PMm00
So has anyone actually used this ability with success? Doesn't seem to help at all when I use it.

Ability is useless. Worst thing about it is that it blocks autofire. Literally never worth the tradeoff.
14 Feb 2015, 21:34 PM

I only use this ability on the Leh18 since it usually covers the whole map and is out of range of most arty pieces, only the Ml-20 and B4 will be a threat to it, kathy has to expose itself a bit.

But I only consider this when my opponent goes really heavy on arty say 120 mortar or regular mortar spam plus kathy.

Used this a lot during the time when kathy was OP was pretty fun after 10 mins no more arty for opponents.
14 Feb 2015, 22:21 PM

if you play 3v3/4v4, it is really useful. I am using that ability whenever it reaches vet1. Since everymatch there are always mortars, zis and katyushas, that means your artillery autofires whenever its ability charged.

Imagine that you dont use the ability.. You should always find the barrage of arty charged. So whenever you use the arty, you will be waited for ability recharge time + the delay between the charge and your seeing that it's charged.

And also it reacts to enemy barrage weapon by the time weapon animation starts. That means even their rockets arent fired, your arty starts to rotate the weapon. Cause for example katyusha, firstly its rocket platform goes up, then it fires.

Imagine that you dont use counter-barrage ability. You hear the rocket sounds (means that rockets already in the air), and then you look for the place of katyushas and then you order to barrage. So kathusya has more time to leave the area safely.

That's why I found that the ability soo good.
20 Feb 2015, 10:57 AM

if you have ELite troops vet up the panzerwerfer to 2 stars and use Couter barrage mode.. watch those pesky katyshas die Its very hadny in 3v3 and 4v4 where katyushas bombard OKW med truck on retreats this will help counter it. :)

Mortar counter barrage is good but since soviets have more range they can use precision fire to hit your mortars its up to you.

(if you have arty filed officer you can use co ordinated fire to get 1 volley of panzer werfer even in counter barrage mode)
20 Feb 2015, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 10:57 AMImSkemo

(if you have arty filed officer you can use co ordinated fire to get 1 volley of panzer werfer even in counter barrage mode)

what if it is recharging? Still fires?
20 Feb 2015, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 11:11 AMErguvan

what if it is recharging? Still fires?

yup Arty filed officer barrage is independent of the usuall barrage it gives 1 extra barrage at 80 munitions from all available arty in the area..even the HOwitzer if you have the joint ops doctrine.
20 Feb 2015, 11:21 AM
Benefactor 115

how exactly does it acquire targets? when an enemy shell hits the mortar crew, hits any friendly unit, hits ground when you have vision?
20 Feb 2015, 12:08 PM

Counter Barrage performance:

23 Feb 2015, 23:09 PM

Ive been thinking about this ability. I think the best way to use it is to combine it with a heavy defensive position, pak43s and bunkers which will trigger your opponent to think of indirect fire.. Normally a good counter.

I imagine this works best of the German howie. However id be tempted to go with the command tank and hulldown in this scenario rather than howie
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★