Login

russian armor

vCOH Flickering issue after clicking on and off tactical map

8 May 2013, 13:38 PM

Dear fellow CoH players, i am a female gamer, i recently have this issue with my computer with SLI gfx setup. Whenever i clicked on tactical map and after going back to the game screen , i will experience flickering texture(it goes away after a few seconds) which is quite annoying . Anyone knows how to solve this issue without disabling SLI?
This video describe what happen [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yl0GfYHuFE
Any help will be appreciated!:faint:
8 May 2013, 14:08 PM

Try to set shader quality to high, ultra is known to cause problems.
8 May 2013, 15:01 PM

I done that and to no avail=( anyone can give me assistance to this?
8 May 2013, 16:17 PM

What DirextX version do you use ingame?
Try DX9.

If that doesn't work, put everything on low and see if that works, then put the graphic options to high/ultra/whatever you use one by one to see which one causes the problem.

This solution is boring, timeconsuming and crude, but sometimes it works.

Good luck.
8 May 2013, 16:45 PM

The issue is clearly caused by you being a female gamer.
8 May 2013, 21:51 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The issue is clearly caused by you being a female gamer.

Go fuck yourself.

OP: Sometimes running in borderless windowed mode clears stuff up: add "-window" to the launch options via Steam. Also add -lockmouse so that you can scroll around.
8 May 2013, 22:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Go fuck yourself.

OP: Sometimes running in borderless windowed mode clears stuff up: add "-window" to the launch options via Steam. Also add -lockmouse so that you can scroll around.

Of all people I didn't think you wouldn't get the sarcasm.
8 May 2013, 22:29 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Of all people I didn't think you wouldn't get the sarcasm.

Ah yes, clearly I thought DanielD actually thought that being a woman causes software bugs. I can't believe I was so dumb! Thank you for clearing that up for me. Now I understand. He was just being misogynistic as a joke. That's so much better.
8 May 2013, 22:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Ah yes, clearly I thought DanielD actually thought that being a woman causes software bugs. I can't believe I was so dumb! Thank you for clearing that up for me. Now I understand. He was just being misogynistic as a joke. That's so much better.

You still don't get it. He wasn't being misogynistic but basically pointed out that saying that you're a female gamer doesn't have anything to do with the issue (or with a possible solution). You should take some time to actually think about what people are saying instead of being an asshole. Is that better?
9 May 2013, 02:39 AM

Dear fellow COH buddies, i am really glad for the swift response to this beautiful game . Is there any way to remove the flickering under SLI gfx configuration ? decrease shader to high doesnt help. I really want to play this game in it's full glory rather than switching to only 1 gfx card operating... I know this issue has been up since COH1 beta . Tactical map is too important to miss out . A great thanks to all of you! This community is the best there is and really hope it escalates to COH2=D :hyper:

9 May 2013, 05:50 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Try the other stuff we suggested...?
9 May 2013, 06:16 AM

Dear fellow COH's buddies, if you use full screen windowed, SLI will be deactivated and it will be only using one gpu core, effectively decrease fps, is there a better alternative? :mellow::mellow::mellow: I am a graphic enthusiastic=D
9 May 2013, 06:39 AM
Patrion 26

What graphic card do you use?
9 May 2013, 07:34 AM

In the video you posted, that wasn't flickering, it was texture corruption. That can be either indicative of driver issues or your GPU overheating.

Get the latest drivers from Nvidia's site
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
9 May 2013, 10:59 AM

Hello, I'm a male gamer from Norway and I'm going to reply to your post.

Do you think this intro is needed in order to reply to your post?
9 May 2013, 11:31 AM
Patrion 26

I bet the OP is a guy. And he uses the word female just to get fast replies
9 May 2013, 11:32 AM
Patrion 26

I mean srsly have a you see a female gamer with coldramen as an avatar name? It`s not girly at all
9 May 2013, 13:19 PM

I believe it is an SLI related issue (I run SLI and see the same phenomenon). Disabling SLI should 'fix' it.

Your video does not show it, but I also experience flickering textures as well.

I do not believe these are game specific bugs, and can potentially will manifest in any game run on SLI (I occasionally experiance something similar in BF3).
9 May 2013, 14:28 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Everything I hear about SLI is always bad news. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth a lot of the time.
9 May 2013, 17:28 PM

Go fuck yourself.

This is because SLI does work only for full-screen applications so running in Windowed will make no use for SLI whatsoever. If you can't google for this issue - i would rly suggest you to sell both cards and go with a single-card solution...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★