Login

russian armor

I am trying to be positive but...

5 Feb 2015, 14:02 PM

...is it me or are at least the same amount of bugs (maybe more) still in the game that didn't get fixed?

When they said its gonna be a bug patch i was happy but they only did a half patch imo.

1) units retreating (for all factions) and get stuck on the HQ.
2) squads stopping to throw grenade
3) Sherman stopping to pop out smoke
4) Teller mines (or mines in general) sometimes don't do any damage, absolute nothing
5) The making you deaf bug (the loud sound like a gunshot which appears randomly now and then)
6 Re-crewed AT Guns still shoot at Infantry with "target vehicle" priority activated
7) ...
8) ...
9) ...
10) ...

Please keep adding bugs...
5 Feb 2015, 14:04 PM

They only fixed the bugs that they listed in their changelog,
Also, #2 was changed that way on purpose time ago.
5 Feb 2015, 14:06 PM

Sherman smoke isnt bug or anything. It is the thickest vehicle smoke in game, and it shoots three big smoke grenades far away. If it would do it on the move, it would be OP. And throwing grenades on the move was too op for shocks specially, so i am glad it was fixed.
5 Feb 2015, 14:08 PM

They only fixed the bugs that they listed in their changelog,
Also, #2 was changed that way on purpose time ago.

Relic never said that it was on purpose... i think.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:06 PMl4hti
Sherman smoke isnt bug or anything. It is the thickest vehicle smoke in game, and it shoots three big smoke grenades far away. If it would do it on the move, it would be OP.

PQ said in a post or stream that the Sherman should be able to do this on the move,so...
5 Feb 2015, 14:09 PM

Sherman smoke isnt bug or anything. It is the thickest vehicle smoke in game, and it shoots three big smoke grenades far away. If it would do it on the move, it would be OP.

Well, technically it does shoot on the move as activating the ability stops the tank, but you can still command it to move, and as long as its still near the target area itll continue shooting its smoke canisters..

Edit: #2 was listed as a change in the changelog, but right now im too lazy to find it.
5 Feb 2015, 14:12 PM

Yeah if it would _stop_ it would be op. But it is in a good spot now. You know what is more OP? When Tiger I blitzkriegs and reverses and uses panzer tactician..
5 Feb 2015, 14:15 PM
Patrion 14

Actually it is possible and fully intended, so we now know what to think about your assessment of what is overpowered in terms of Allied tanks.
5 Feb 2015, 14:22 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:12 PMl4hti
Yeah if it would _stop_ it would be op. But it is in a good spot now. You know what is more OP? When Tiger I blitzkriegs and reverses and uses panzer tactician..

as ost player i change blitz for mark target any time.
5 Feb 2015, 14:57 PM

Actually it is possible and fully intended, so we now know what to think about your assessment of what is overpowered in terms of Allied tanks.

I am sorry i wrote my post wrong, but if Sherman could activate smoke on the move, it would be op. Now it needs to stop to activate ability :oops:
5 Feb 2015, 14:59 PM

No you would need to swap panzer tactician for Mark Vehicle. And Blitz for Secure mode.
5 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM

sherman pro tactic : click on smoke ability while being still for 1s
keep moving, enjoy the smoke on the move
5 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:57 PMl4hti

I am sorry i wrote my post wrong, but if Sherman could activate smoke on the move, it would be op. Now it needs to stop to activate ability :oops:

The only reason sherman stops to do so is a bug.
It was always intended for it to activate it on the move without stoping, which devs repetitively reminded during alpha and on USF showcase streams.
So... what you've said is kind of bs.

Sure, the moment mark target becomes tank vet ability for all armor or blitz becomes doctrinal unlock.
5 Feb 2015, 15:29 PM

I agree with the first point, that bug is especially painful for OKW players.
5 Feb 2015, 15:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:57 PMl4hti
Sorry for being negative, didn't mean it that way. To put it more mildly, I don't really think Sherman smoke on the move is really that important for balance. Allied mediums need all the help they can get.
5 Feb 2015, 15:38 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yeah that's quite weak for a bug fix patch after several months.

I still had these ones on my list:

• initial Sturmpioneer squad beeing stuck at HQ
  • structure splats can be seen in the fog of war which reveals enemy teching
  • 251 HT MG42 has no muzzle flash
  • Smoke disappears with the Shock Trooper's Smoke Grenade when scrolling away and coming back to it
  • Panzerfaust triggers 1 sec after the animation is done sometimes, which leads to unfortunate retreats without the panzerfaust beeing triggered
  • Tellermines with no effect on target
  • AT guns no longer provide green cover
  • Orders to capture team weapons such as MG42, ATGuns + queued retreat orders get cancelled by suppresion which results in immediate retreat
  • OKW Flak HQ shoots outside its range
  • P47 Strafe triggers outside its AOE
  • units wont garrison buildings sometimes, which results in them standing next to the door
  • self-made cover like sandbags which has been wired off still provides green cover
  • Riflegrenade still bugged
5 Feb 2015, 15:42 PM
Donator 33

I still had these ones on my list:

• OKW Flak HQ shoots outside its range

At least this one is not a bug...Relic increased its range but didn't adjust the UI <444>_<444>
5 Feb 2015, 17:59 PM

List of Bugs

Thank you Luvnest for being on Topic.

Danke Danke!!!
5 Feb 2015, 23:33 PM

I always forget to use that mark target vet ability.
6 Feb 2015, 00:07 AM

They really need to "fix" this sherman smoke ability, it makes no sense for the tank to stop and THAN fire smoke (most cases it gets finished off through the smoke since it cant move).
6 Feb 2015, 15:27 PM

What frustrates me about the 'retreat bug' is that in the Mod Tools there's two values that can't be edited by modding, but are completely visible in the 'tuning' page:

retreat_inner_proximity : 3 (The squad leader needs to get this close to the retreat point before retreat stops.)
retreat_outer_proximity : 8 (The distance non-squad leaders have to get to the retreat point before retreat stops.)

See, I cannot understand why those values can't be turned up slightly. Their defaults are even 5 and 10, which means they were reduced at some point (for some reason?).

(Incidentally there are a ton of values in the tuning page that point to so many gorramned persistent problems with balance and functionality that could be so easily changed.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak