Login

russian armor

The Community and Relic.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
1 Feb 2015, 11:59 AM

At that point of time nobody really believed Hitler was serious about those things

Yeah, Hitler proposed an alliance between Poland and Nazi Germany and poles were considering it.

So no, poles are not poor souls, they are stupid souls, but not poor

excuse me for being stupid and polish.
1 Feb 2015, 12:01 PM

I am amazed that you read it in any other way. I thought it was hilarious. :D

I didn't read the guy's name, but than I saw 'Twister' and thought 'fuck sake kreatiir y u no detect dat sarcasm'
1 Feb 2015, 12:48 PM

Hans' suggestions are reasonable and sound.

I dont quite understand the anger and derailment by some persons except as bitter and inappropriate expressions of personal grudges and agendas. Thanks to moderation for cleaning and control!

Nonetheless, I did see Cynthia pass through this thread as a reader.
And ofc big credit and respect to her showing up to check this out.

I hope enough of Hans message and the constructive side of the thread was intact at the time to deliver home his message.
1 Feb 2015, 13:37 PM

I just wonder how it's even possible that Cruzz can make very good balance mode on his own while Relic cant do that for months. If Cruzz can make it, I dont believe Relic does not have resources or time to do that.

Little Offtop.
@pussyking,come on, learn history. There was nothing like alliance between Poland and nazi. It was Hitler's way. Poland even wanted to attack Germany with France but France wanted to sit behind their line and do nothing. For years he was talking about peace in Europe and stuff like that. Everything he did was for one purpose, and it was not peace or alliance between Poland and Germany.
1 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM

I just wonder how it's even possible that Cruzz can make very good balance mode on his own while Relic cant do that for months. If Cruzz can make it, I dont believe Relic ... 

Because Cruzz is:
A) A walking encyclopedia of coh2 stats, bar none.
B) A Finn, and hence prone to bouts of perfectionalism and OCD the likes of which would drive a mere mortal elsewhere to abject suicide. Does he care his mod will be wiped as incompatible by a patch? No. Does he care he aint paid? No.

Yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Also, yes, Pussyking seems to be unaware of Molotow-Ribbentrop Pact, under which USSR illegally aggressed in thr Baltics vs Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania, in collusion with Nazi Germany.

Yes, the Nazis broke the Pact first. But it was inevitable that USSR would eventually break it too. Nazis rose to power in large part as an anti-communist organisation. Conflict was certain, the Nazis just organised their front faster, and struck first.

That doesnt change that:
A) USSR was acting in illegal aggression in the Baltics, Poland and Romania way before Barbarossa.
B) USSR actedin collusion with Nazi Germany, in agreement to the illegal aggression on Eastern Europe and the Baltic.
1 Feb 2015, 15:11 PM
Benefactor 115

So I tweeted this out on 15th October https://twitter.com/ESLIpKaiFung/status/522460464471875584

"balance is usually a crutch for people to complain when they lose. Relic do a good job when afforded time to resolve balance issues in the game. Unfortunately with AA they haven't dedicated much time to it."

I then get this reply from noun. https://twitter.com/JefferySimpson/status/522462647761903616

"Unfortunately you have incomplete information on that point."

Now since October to now what balance changes made it in to live? The ISU and Jagdtiger changes as far as I'm aware. It's blatant that Ardennes Assault development severely impacted the time dedicated to improving multiplayer.

So please tell me and more importantly tell everyone else what incomplete information I have on the point because so far there's been nothing to show.

Playing the "if you only knew" card shows utter contempt for your fanbase. I totally understand you can't tell us everything you're doing but when someone pegs that something isn't right don't play that card, be honest and open about the issue.

I saw Quinn make a post about side armour being implemented and it being a slim chance that it would be done. Disappointing answer for sure but at least we know where we stand on the matter and it was a breath of fresh air over the usual "we're excited about we have in store" shtick.
1 Feb 2015, 15:18 PM

Unfortunately you've quoted someone who can't/won't now provide you with an answer. :D
1 Feb 2015, 15:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

I didn't read the guy's name, but than I saw 'Twister' and thought 'fuck sake kreatiir y u no detect dat sarcasm'

1 Feb 2015, 20:44 PM
Donator 11

I still dont understand why did relic make this game a political sharade instead of simply making a WW2 themed game like MoW.

Why did they portray soviets as evil? Was it a pressure from above? Was it a call from Washington? An intervention from canadian secret police?
1 Feb 2015, 20:47 PM

I still dont understand why did relic make this game a political sharade instead of simply making a WW2 themed game like MoW.

Why did they portray soviets as evil? Was it a pressure from above? Was it a call from Washington? An intervention from canadian secret police?

hint: you were faaar from angels you believe
1 Feb 2015, 20:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

yes this game has been discussed on the highest level between putin and obama
1 Feb 2015, 20:52 PM

1 Feb 2015, 21:00 PM

I just wonder how it's even possible that Cruzz can make very good balance mode on his own while Relic cant do that for months. If Cruzz can make it, I dont believe Relic does not have resources or time to do that.

Little Offtop.
@pussyking,come on, learn history. There was nothing like alliance between Poland and nazi. It was Hitler's way. Poland even wanted to attack Germany with France but France wanted to sit behind their line and do nothing. For years he was talking about peace in Europe and stuff like that. Everything he did was for one purpose, and it was not peace or alliance between Poland and Germany.

I think a lot of it has to do with the entire process that patches have to go through before they can be pushed out. Cruzz making his own mod is free to make whatever changes he wants, whenever he wants. He doesn't have to go through red tape/bureaucracy in order to get a change through. He also doesn't have to justify his balance ideas to anyone except himself, because it is his mod.

As far as I understand, Relic's patches have to go through a much more rigorous process before they can even start testing proposed changes these days. And of course any major changes to unit behavior have to fall within the scope of Relic's faction design. (I could misunderstand some of Relic's processes though, obviously I don't have first-hand experience with them.)

Personally I wished Relic would patch more frequently and be more open with their communication. I also with the balance team had more freedom. I prefer the gut instinct approach to balance that Cruzz seems to take (or maybe it'd just be too hard for him to actually test most changes since he's one dude) but I feel like Relic favors looking at balance from a completely statistical standpoint, unfortunately.
1 Feb 2015, 21:01 PM
Donator 11

No joke, there is a clearly a poltical agenda in COH2.

Whole main campaign is about Soviets burning and shooting their own soldiers, allies and civilians.

There is no historical truth behind such a crap.

There was a clear goal to portray Red Army as villains.
1 Feb 2015, 21:03 PM

Whole main campaign is about Soviets burning and shooting their own soldiers, allies and civilians.

War is all about soldiers burning and shooting their own soldiers, allies and civilians.

There is historical truth behind that crap.

There was no clear goal to portray soldiers as villains.
1 Feb 2015, 21:07 PM

Sure there is.
Just like USA is being ruled by lizzard men pretending to be humans and just like there are no russian soviets on ukraine atm.

Also, army that was allied with hitler had to be good guys after all, right?
1 Feb 2015, 21:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This has nothing to do with Hans OP.

If Wifi wants to cleanse and reopen, then it's his call.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS