Login

russian armor

Make War not Love 2 - The Rematch

PAGES (20)down
12 Feb 2015, 21:23 PM

People like me are disappointed, because all we get is a couple of bad skins and 1 decal. And old commanders. Yep, old commanders. Not even new wfa ones. After 8 months.

But the worst thing out of all is the fact, that we dont know what Relic is planning concerning balance. They could atleast say that a new big balance patch will come soon or give official hints for upcoming stuff. But i guess its up to us to find the hints and teasers, its up to us to create tourneys and worthwhile events, its up to us to discuss balance.

We discussed the current balance for way too long, there are so many things broken and horribly unbalanced in the game right now. You know, doing Grens to Tigers gets really boring after 8 months. I see the same people every day playing the same god damn meta. The same stuff all the time over. It went so far that i decided to not play by the meta for some time, and it got me to quitting 1v1 till the next patch. I refuse to being cornered into 2 competetively viable commanders per faction. All Relic needs to do is to copy paste Cruzz' Kappatch. Thats all. Game really enjoyable again.

What we all want is a fun, fresh and functioning multiplayer again. We dont want to see stupid decals and cartoony skins, we want proper multiplayer balance and more communication with Relic.

And we didnt get our wish fulfilled once again. Thats i am so disappointed and frustrated, and thats why so many feel the same.
12 Feb 2015, 22:09 PM

If departmentalisation is truly the problem in Relic, then I wish that relic would fire all their artists modellers marketing department community managers janitors concept designers historical analysts toilet cleaners lawyers and workplace relations managers and just hire ONE extra balance tester.

Currently they appear to have 0.

Having separate departments is meant to speed up the developing process. I'm not convinced that it is helping at the moment.

EDIT: But the only people I hate more than Relic's NDA at the moment are 1v1 elitists. NOBODY CARES. You make up less than 25% of the multiplayer community AT BEST, and factoring in the single player community, you could probably quit the game right now and Relic wouldn't even notice. You DO NOT get a special voice just because your game mode is competitive in Starcraft.

EDIT2: I'm quite excited about this event. But according to the theory of departmentalisation, why is this event not being released along with a balance patch? Surely if they have different departments working on different things...
12 Feb 2015, 22:11 PM

dasheepeh the way you speak breaks my heart. I really want to help you out. I think I can try.

I want to point out that you can try other things! I am assuming Gren -> Tiger example is for 1v1s, of which I have no knowledge, so I strongly suggest 2v2! The amount of possible combinations and viable tactics dramatically increases in this game mode, where Gren -> Tiger is definetely not the only option. Have you tried Close Air Support? Delicious!

Jaeger Armor for example is very fun, which I am assuming is not much good in 1v1; it's one among many doctrines that become viable. You should try them and experiment. The worst you could do is to pick up Lightning War, use Relief Infantry and make that strat Grenadiers - > Ostruppen - > Tiger. :snfCHVGame:
12 Feb 2015, 22:18 PM
Patrion 310

Well the decals are nice (bit small... :)) but I would like to see some good skins with some weathering.
12 Feb 2015, 22:20 PM

Hey look another thread de-evolved in to balance.

But on a serious note: I've said it before and will say it again - they should just have a balance for 1v1/2v2 and rebalance for 3v3/4v4, be that add upkeep and having it scale differently in 3's and 4's or change units stats/how well they perform - this seems a step too far and would further segregate the community however.
12 Feb 2015, 22:23 PM

Make a war out of yourself by playing Coh2.
12 Feb 2015, 23:23 PM

Who really cares? Yeah, if the current speculations / leaks are right then the rewards for this event won't be very amazing, indeed not as great as they were last year where you got a whole new commander. But whatever, it is just some little funny event.

This would not really be a problem usually if we knew that we will also get the stuff that we really want "soon", like new commanders for USF/OKW (because they have little variety) and of course a new balance patch (we didn't have one since a relatively long time anymore). And I think this lack of information is what annoys people here the most and is not directly related to the event itself, it is just another trigger for the same old issue, but I think this problem has been already discussed so often there is no point in repeating it.
12 Feb 2015, 23:24 PM

I always welcome a free batch of skins, but I'm disappointed that no WFA commanders for this.
12 Feb 2015, 23:50 PM
Patrion 28

And how do you know? Please, do tell.

well, we haven't seen anyone say anything and we haven't seen anything that no one has said anything about so we can conclude that A) no one is saying anything about what's being worked on and B) nothing significant has been released in a LONG time. as a result we can be bitter about it.
13 Feb 2015, 00:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

13 Feb 2015, 00:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Go watch stream now
13 Feb 2015, 00:20 AM
Donator 11

This event, which is fine, was extremely poorly advertised by Relic. Then to make it disappointing it sounded like they were giving away interesting materials, and it turned out (because they failed to say anything to clarify before hand) it was just cosmetic stuff.

We got a sneak peak because of Steam notes NOT BECAUSE OF RELIC. That is kind of a huge problem.

After 4 months I feel like asking for a bug patch is not a big deal especially because mine decloak was arguably game breaking. Besides the fact that it introduced new bugs. Example: airborne not throwing grenades but charging munitions, only 4 months before that can get that fixed I assume.

This is just the last in a long list of things that have been so ham handed that they have pushed the community into this very poisoned relationship. The problem with telling people to leave is they will, and when they do you will find yourself alone searching.

Relic decided to play Bass Fishing on their twitch channel today to clear this all up. Pro strat.

I'd upvote you, but I can't.
13 Feb 2015, 01:09 AM

Go watch stream now

More fishing games ? :rofl:
13 Feb 2015, 01:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yes

Bears hunting Kippers
13 Feb 2015, 01:24 AM
Patrion 28

kipper cupcakes.
13 Feb 2015, 01:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Breakfast Fish
nee
13 Feb 2015, 02:06 AM

And how do you know? Please, do tell.
Well I take it back. Presumably Cynthia_RE knows, but whether she has successfully passed that on to other Relic members, and said other members gave a shit about what she/we said, is left unsaid. You might as well ask me how do I really know if evolution occurs.
And I can swing it around to you as well: how do you know they are working on it? On blind faith? Do tell.
13 Feb 2015, 10:25 AM

Well this is Bullshit! they should just balance the currently Game instead of giving us another Event and demand us to play this unbalanced shit.

I would say lets Boycott this event to send Relic a message. Stop play this Game between 12-15 Feb.

It's not bullshit. It's a for fun thing with rewards. Wouldn't you love to improve stuff that people boycotted? Yes you would, because that's how you believe things work.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 15:08 PMpigsoup
eh what do i know. im just a 4v4 scrub.

Anyone that hasn't played 1v1 for 1000 games have no say on anything is what I've learnt :)
13 Feb 2015, 11:20 AM

Well I for one am very glad to be giveb a second chance to get those commanders, and for newer players.

I still have no Internet, so ill have to connect my pc to my phone to play 1 comp stomp.

13 Feb 2015, 11:44 AM

I hope CoH2 loses the make war not love battle. Maybe it will be an eye-opener for the developers that there is something wrong with their game.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS