Login

russian armor

Ports for Steamworks CoH

2 May 2013, 09:41 AM

Does anyone know if the ports (6112 and 30260) are the same for vCoH on steamworks?

Cheers
4 May 2013, 01:41 AM
4 May 2013, 14:55 PM

Cheers Dropy! Much appreciated :)
4 May 2013, 15:07 PM

Forgot to ask, should i open those ports both inbound and outbound?
4 May 2013, 18:09 PM

I would think so yeah.
5 May 2013, 06:30 AM

Thank you again Dropy.
5 May 2013, 10:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

if your savy with your router you can use somthing called universial plugin play (UPnP).

5 May 2013, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2013, 10:26 AMWiFiDi
if your savy with your router you can use somthing called universial plugin play (UPnP).

So if that's turned on in my router settings, does that mean you don't need to forward the ports? At least not on the router, i imagin i 'd still need to do it for windows firewall?

Sorry if i'm missing the point, i'm not tech savvy.
6 May 2013, 01:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

So if that's turned on in my router settings, does that mean you don't need to forward the ports? At least not on the router, i imagin i 'd still need to do it for windows firewall?

Sorry if i'm missing the point, i'm not tech savvy.

basically when your using a port it opens it. im not sure on the details but mine doesn't get bothered by windows fire wall. but since your not tech savy just open ports atleast thats my view seems easier.
6 May 2013, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2013, 01:13 AMWiFiDi

basically when your using a port it opens it. im not sure on the details but mine doesn't get bothered by windows fire wall. but since your not tech savy just open ports atleast thats my view seems easier.

Hi,

I've had a bit of a tinker, and just using UPnP seems to work as well as having all the relevant ports forwarded in the router settings. Like you say, windows firewall doesn't seem to interfere at all.

It's funny, on the old servers; opening ports either in the router settings or through windows firewall, made no difference. The thing that made a massive difference was going to computer --> network (in the side panel, Windows 7)-->right click on modem, properties, settings and then adding the ports there. I wonder if adding the steamworks ports there would have an effect?

Which of the ports on the list on post #2, do you think pertain to the steam version of CoH?
6 May 2013, 12:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hi,

I've had a bit of a tinker, and just using UPnP seems to work as well as having all the relevant ports forwarded in the router settings. Like you say, windows firewall doesn't seem to interfere at all.

It's funny, on the old servers; opening ports either in the router settings or through windows firewall, made no difference. The thing that made a massive difference was going to computer --> network (in the side panel, Windows 7)-->right click on modem, properties, settings and then adding the ports there. I wonder if adding the steamworks ports there would have an effect?

Which of the ports on the list on post #2, do you think pertain to the steam version of CoH?

im by no means an expert but perhaps you have 2 firewalls. i know sometimes windows will auto set one up in your computer and then you'll have another one in your router.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
New Zealand 32
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak