Login

russian armor

is Vcoh still alive?

30 Apr 2013, 00:29 AM

Hi Guys,

Used to be a big vCoh'er, but got frustrated by the OF factions (ok, only the british faction) and gave it a break. Then went away to UNI, and haven't played since. Just wondering if vCOH is still alive (do people still play it?). Also wondering how the new change to steam will affect things. Do you still think it will have a a following? Or will people be encouraged to jump over to COH2?
30 Apr 2013, 00:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Hi Guys,

Used to be a big vCoh'er, but got frustrated by the OF factions (ok, only the british faction) and gave it a break. Then went away to UNI, and haven't played since. Just wondering if vCOH is still alove (do people still play it?). Also wondering how the new change to steam will affect things. Do you still think it will have a a following? Or will people be encouraged to jump over to COH2?

they stated they are still plan on continued support for coh1 however right now not all the features are implemented yet. i havn't played it much but there are still quite a few streamers that do.
30 Apr 2013, 01:28 AM

Short Answer:yes
30 Apr 2013, 02:18 AM

Well, I'm at least going to play it until the next beta phase.
30 Apr 2013, 10:17 AM

Hi Guys,

Used to be a big vCoh'er, but got frustrated by the OF factions (ok, only the british faction) and gave it a break. Then went away to UNI, and haven't played since. Just wondering if vCOH is still alive (do people still play it?). Also wondering how the new change to steam will affect things. Do you still think it will have a a following? Or will people be encouraged to jump over to COH2?

Yes, vcoh is still alive. It will only get more popular again as the old servers shut down, and the beta closes, momentarily anyway. I have a feeling that vcoh will linger for several more years after having participated in the coh2 beta.

Right now there are some issues on the steam servers, but nothing major. Liking the new version, especially the lack of h4x online.

P.S. Liking your avatar, kTm is great. Raced with them for years. :)
30 Apr 2013, 10:40 AM

sorry for using this topic but.. anyone know when open beta starts? i know closed beta ends today but will have no chance to play today :(
30 Apr 2013, 19:52 PM
Patrion 14

Hey!

Yep, vCoH is still alive. But now people are pretty splitted up in playing the steam version and the Quazal servers. The Quazal servers will soon be shut down (i think 8th of may, not sure about this). Id say: give it a try!

Not all features are back yet on the steam version but this will all be fixed soon. Sometimes it can take a pretty long time to find an automatch. But its worth the waiting if you ask me ;)

Here is a link with more information: http://www.coh2.org/topic/2033/company-of-heroes-server-migration
1 May 2013, 02:49 AM

Thank you for the reply, guys! I've only got the steam version: I pre-ordered OF waayy back (even came in a special tin!) but can't find it. I'm sure more and more people will come over to the steam server.

I can always play the campaigns again. Don't think I ever finished the British campaign. Not quite sure why.. :) Haha, thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★