Maxim spam is a really bad strat. very easy to counter

Mortar halftrack

flanks

falls/jaegers

motor hallftrack

luchs

Stuka

hell even a mortor

And what is the best strategy for 2v2 as soviets currently? I'm curios about your opinion.
23 Jan 2015, 10:07 AM

Double Soviets - one goes T1, other one goes T2,

USF - I'd say T2 is better as long as you support Rifles with it, but T1 works as well. You need to co operate with your team mate.
23 Jan 2015, 15:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 09:44 AMJohnnyB

And what is the best strategy for 2v2 as soviets currently? I'm curios about your opinion.

It all depends on the map and match up.

Double Soviets:
1- Conscript spam > T34s > Callins. Heavy aggro.
2- A goes T1, B goes Cons/T2. T1 means either sniper, clowncar play or both. A goes T2 for Zis-callin or T4 Katz into callins.

USF in the mix:
-SU can avoid T3 since Shermans are way better AI.
-AA HT is good against OH and can help shut down Mech play from OKW
-You can avoid LT and go Cpt, specially if you rely on clowncar play from SU. This helps against Mech play from OKW and counter the Luch till you get up your shermans.

23 Jan 2015, 16:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 09:44 AMJohnnyB

Elchino and ozwizard explain it pretty well

it basically depends on ur commader.

but maxim spam is a really bad strat.

it can do wonders in early game, but indirect fire, or even an early luchs will bite u in the ass

and if it hits late game. Obers can kill ur maxim crew from the front
24 Jan 2015, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2015, 01:41 AMEnkidu

Uh, a t-34 beats a puma in a slug fest but the puma can win with its turret lock ability or by kiting. You don't bounce T-34 shots on a puma, but you can miss. Maybe that's what you experienced?

In that case the T34 misse an awfull lot. It happened more than once or twice, which is why I started wondering if it is with the Puma armour.

Did noone else experienc this?
24 Jan 2015, 22:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2015, 01:38 AMJaigen

Armour front or rear means nothing when it comes to the hp of an unit. the shot either penetrates or not and then it does damage. the puma has 400 hp and needs 3 shots to be taken out by the t-34 that does 160 damage. the puma itself does 120 damage and needs to fire at the t-34 6 times as the puma's gun does 120 damage and the t-34 has 640 hp.

But chance of penetration is still bigger against the rear of tanks and vehicles? Or has this been reworked totally? Or why do we then have floating text saying 'rear armour hit' if it makes no difference?
24 Jan 2015, 23:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But chance of penetration is still bigger against the rear of tanks and vehicles? Or has this been reworked totally? Or why do we then have floating text saying 'rear armour hit' if it makes no difference?

So we know for SURE its hitting and penetrating the rear armor(thanks to wierd hitboxes), and therefore knowing that our chance of penetrating and dealing damage and crit is higher.
25 Jan 2015, 00:21 AM

Correct. Most units have significantly weaker rear armor.A puma attacking an is2 from the front has no chance in hell. but i did manage to kill an is2 with a single puma from the rear. the rear notification is useful to align your armor in such a way that you get attacked from the front. Their are quite a few situations where you are not entirely sure if your opponent hits the front or rear.
25 Jan 2015, 00:30 AM

In that case the T34 misse an awfull lot. It happened more than once or twice, which is why I started wondering if it is with the Puma armour.

Did noone else experienc this?

Then you have a case of bad rotten luck. did you do your annual goat sacrifice to the RNG god? if not do so! technically the puma is slightly more difficult to hit then the standard p4 but nothing that would adversely affect the accuracy of the t-34 midrange.
25 Jan 2015, 04:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's a Puma, it can get penetrated by small arms fire (though I don't think SMGs), but all kinds of rifles will mess it up

The MGs on a T34 are probably contributing to damage too
25 Jan 2015, 04:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Funny how Ciez is getting shouted down now that he's breaking the narrative that OKW is somehow unbeatable. Trust me, OKW and Soviets are just about on the same playing field with Soviets having the early/mid game advantage.

He's correct

T1 is very strong versus OKW as they have no real counter to clown cars until they get their first shrek squad and it's a long wait for 90 MUN and then you have build time.

A Raketen does not counter clown cars

Penals are also one of the few things early game that can damage a truck once it is setup
25 Jan 2015, 06:53 AM

He's correct

T1 is very strong versus OKW as they have no real counter to clown cars until they get their first shrek squad and it's a long wait for 90 MUN and then you have build time.

Penals are also one of the few things early game that can damage a truck once it is setup

I don't think OKW is op in the sense that they're unbeatable, I just think that they're extremely boring to play as and often frustrating to play against. Volks and ober spam into KT is completely beatable but has to be one of the lamest strats ever to fight. I had a pair of vet 3 su-85s bounce 12 shots in a row (yes I counted) in a team game with friends earlier and while we still won because of early vp dominance, that feeling when OKW starts to vet is just ugly. It was a 2v2 with just friends playing eachother, but even in friendly games like that I get a bad taste in my mouth.
25 Jan 2015, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 06:53 AMEnkidu

I don't think OKW is op in the sense that they're unbeatable, I just think that they're extremely boring to play as and often frustrating to play against. Volks and ober spam into KT is completely beatable but has to be one of the lamest strats ever to fight. I had a pair of vet 3 su-85s bounce 12 shots in a row (yes I counted) in a team game with friends earlier and while we still won because of early vp dominance, that feeling when OKW starts to vet is just ugly. It was a 2v2 with just friends playing eachother, but even in friendly games like that I get a bad taste in my mouth.

in what way are they boring to play? every faction has cookie cutter builds and the okw is not so different. and stop being so dramatic mate you sound if somebody is sawing your arm of when you play against the okw.
25 Jan 2015, 15:28 PM

Alot of games against OKW feel like you just barely beat the clock on a bomb :gimpy:
25 Jan 2015, 15:34 PM

He's correct

You can go T1 as soviets but you absolutely need guards or T2 as well. A flack truck will simply piss in your Cereal.

Personally I find a raketen useful against M3s on a hand full of maps. Being able to put them in buildings for extra sight and durability gives you a nice staging area where the M3s cant get overly aggressive. On their own however they are kind of pitiful. Penals with a flamethrower can counter this but hopefully a shot got off before you have to clear the building, which should be enough to turn the M3 away unless they want to loose it.

T1 is a very solid option in the early game but it scales worse than conscripts, namely snipers will get overrun by there being simply too many volks models to deal with. Penals have abysmal long range so while they do great up close, as the game goes on obers and vetted volks will shred them. M3s have no scaling really, they are only a late game taxi for units from the base or a satchel charge delivery truck to on map arty and guns.
25 Jan 2015, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 00:30 AMJaigen

Then you have a case of bad rotten luck. did you do your annual goat sacrifice to the RNG god? if not do so! technically the puma is slightly more difficult to hit then the standard p4 but nothing that would adversely affect the accuracy of the t-34 midrange.

Lol. Yes, I'm on a bad streak wrt luck for sure in RL too (long story).

It's actually possible to be lucky/unlucky to such an extent with certain combos in this game that it influences your understanding of it. It's statistically possible to get the Picture skewed when you think of the large number of possible outcomes in some of this nice havoc the game produces.

But I guess you have a point in saying that the Puma is a smaller target than the PzIV for example? And in that way is easier to miss?
25 Jan 2015, 20:48 PM

He's correct

Not necessarily. He's only talking about 2v2, and even then it's extremely questionable.

You mean the same way that there is no real counter to the flakHT if your opponent goes T1?

Why not? God forbid you actually have to spend resources on a unit that can keep you safe from a scout car. You only need to get a single shot off to keep it at bay. Sure, it won't kill it, but it gives you enough time to get to schrecks. The kubel is the same; not killable in the early game, you can only limit the damage it does until it gets hard countered by AT.

This is almost irrelevant. If you go T1 for snipers you have 0 pushing power, no way you're going to be able to take out a truck. Show me a high level replay of penals somehow being able to take down a truck in the early game and I'll show you a match where the OKW completely fucked up.
25 Jan 2015, 21:24 PM

Not necessarily. He's only talking about 2v2, and even then it's extremely questionable.

You mean the same way that there is no real counter to the flakHT if your opponent goes T1?

Why not? God forbid you actually have to spend resources on a unit that can keep you safe from a scout car. You only need to get a single shot off to keep it at bay. Sure, it won't kill it, but it gives you enough time to get to schrecks. The kubel is the same; not killable in the early game, you can only limit the damage it does until it gets hard countered by AT.

This is almost irrelevant. If you go T1 for snipers you have 0 pushing power, no way you're going to be able to take out a truck. Show me a high level replay of penals somehow being able to take down a truck in the early game and I'll show you a match where the OKW completely fucked up.

You jst made the classic soviet mistake in 1vs1 games: if you bought tier 1 you CAN still buy tier 2. use tier 1 to gain the advantage then use tier 2 to either press that advantage or negate his flacktrack
25 Jan 2015, 22:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Exactly

You can open with T1 fine, but you don't stay there

T1/T2 call ins is pretty good right now
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L