Login

russian armor

Commander ability: Redistribute Resources

18 Jan 2015, 14:32 PM

Want to point out a balance problem with mentioned commander ability in the title of my topic.

Redistribute Resources, as we all know, gives you 150 ammo at the cost of 50 fuel. Seems fair at first sight as this will delay teching and tanks but encourages people to start pumping out pgrens with shrecks. Backed up by paks and grens to faust tanks you don't have to worry about enemy tanks.

I see more and more Ostheer players with either Close Air Support Doctrine and/or Osttruppen Doctrine.

The combination of this ability and quick acces to shrecks makes this ability op. Relic must redesign or nerf this ability. Maybe make it also cost manpower or convert the same amount of fuel into less ammo.
18 Jan 2015, 15:54 PM

well it could be counter by ISU152 and shock troops. Throwin 1-2 T70 for extra squadwiping capabilities
18 Jan 2015, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 15:54 PMy3ivan
well it could be counter by ISU152 and shock troops. Throwin 1-2 T70 for extra squadwiping capabilities

Dont forget the strafes.
18 Jan 2015, 16:17 PM

Wow so you are complaining about Ostheer players doing non-meta strats and you asking for nerfing Redistibute resources.

okay now we can finally say we have seen everything
18 Jan 2015, 16:35 PM

CAS is a rare ability and the Osttruppen strat is probably the hardest and most punishing Ostheer strat to try and execute? I dont feel like its that much of an issue
18 Jan 2015, 16:43 PM

Lol Panzergrenadiers with shcrecks are so easy to counter. They arent epic without them, but when they get panzershreks they are so easy to kill with infantry. A single sherman or t34 can easily force them away...
18 Jan 2015, 17:07 PM

Fail to see in your start post what is actually op about that commanders. They have been out since endless time and now you start complaining?
Not taking into effect that any play that delays your tanks is very risky.

But please nerf those commanders so we see more T2 into Tiger play because everything else is not viable.
18 Jan 2015, 17:17 PM

There was a time during CoH2 history when PanzerGrens with Schrecks were really overperforming, but right now they are totally s***. :oops:
18 Jan 2015, 18:20 PM

Fail to see in your start post what is actually op about that commanders. They have been out since endless time and now you start complaining?
Not taking into effect that any play that delays your tanks is very risky.

But please nerf those commanders so we see more T2 into Tiger play because everything else is not viable.

Actually you have failed to read AND UNDERSTAND my post. I'm not complaining about both those commanders. I'm complaining about the ability in particular.

Not only pgrens profit from that broken ability but also grens can quickly obtain lmg42 wich are still the meta in this game.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 16:43 PMl4hti
Lol Panzergrenadiers with shcrecks are so easy to counter. They arent epic without them, but when they get panzershreks they are so easy to kill with infantry. A single sherman or t34 can easily force them away...

They are performing well. Don't forget they have been buffed in the most recent patches. Once they are upgraded with shrecks and start destroying vehicles they will vet very fast. They also often get lucky infantry kills with their shrecks. But this also happens often with zooks. Surely another matter Relic must adress. Anyway a smart player will always keep a gren squad or a pak near the pgrens to deal with charging tanks.

Just play a lot of 1vs1 as allies and you will see that quite a lot ostheer players use one of those commanders.
18 Jan 2015, 20:12 PM

I don't really see the problem. Wehr player is trading his tech and heavy tank call in possibility for an infantry centric style. Build in direct fire and punish him when you make the read. If you think of lmg grens and shreked pgrens as being essentially the elite infantry call ins for these doctrines it seems more fair no?
18 Jan 2015, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2015, 17:17 PMCasTroy
There was a time during CoH2 history when PanzerGrens with Schrecks were really overperforming, but right now they are totally s***. :oops:

The same blob of panzerschreck wielding panzergrenadiers is nowhere as effective as it once were before. In fact, its practically a death sentence since losing a squad is disastrous, and even worse if the enemy can recover dropped panzerschrecks. The player gives up a late game by choosing those doctrines, as well as being extremely slowed in terms of teching because of the fuel conversion. Its not that difficult to counter the weakness in this.
18 Jan 2015, 21:07 PM
Patrion 28

i see your point but i don't agree that it's an issue. if they spam pgrens with schrecks you can easily build more infantry units than them and have way more AI power. rifles and penals are a default option, snipers are horrendous to fight against as OKH and doctrinal options include shocks and paras.
19 Jan 2015, 03:44 AM

Saw one of the streamers get rolled by this strat actually. Grens and Pgrens with Shreks, then spamming the strafing runs to clean up medium armor. The OH player had a tough time early on but managed to hold out just long enough to get the ball rolling.
19 Jan 2015, 04:36 AM

Sherman HE with pack howie at back,or simply katyusha,or kv-8.Problem solved.
19 Jan 2015, 04:40 AM

Saw one of the streamers get rolled by this strat actually. Grens and Pgrens with Shreks, then spamming the strafing runs to clean up medium armor. The OH player had a tough time early on but managed to hold out just long enough to get the ball rolling.

The strat is strong, but op? Shouldn't there be other viable strats than just Tiger, Tiger, Tiger?
19 Jan 2015, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 04:40 AMEnkidu

The strat is strong, but op? Shouldn't there be other viable strats than just Tiger, Tiger, Tiger?

I've never experienced or used the strategy, so I can't comment on whether it's OP or not. Was just saying that I've seen it there and it does seem like it can be effective against decent players. I'm not sure how much was the shock value of not having experienced it before on his part.
19 Jan 2015, 07:08 AM

I've never experienced or used the strategy, so I can't comment on whether it's OP or not. Was just saying that I've seen it there and it does seem like it can be effective against decent players. I'm not sure how much was the shock value of not having experienced it before on his part.

Sure, I can totally understand that. I guess my point is that the "meta" is what it is for a reason: it's the strongest thing out there. When someone gets beat by a strong non meta strat or is suprised by a non meta build and loses, I think that's a good thing so long as it's not an exploit or pure cheese. In the case of these commanders, I think they can be strong but are by no means OP. The only thing I think is cheesy is strafe spam in larger team games but honestly, the game isn't balanced around that, nor should it be imo.
19 Jan 2015, 07:15 AM

I don't get it, Tiger I in COH2 in current balance is such a shitty tank.

vs Sovet Guards motor, it just get raped by skillmarkedplane and two T34/85, vs USF well microed Jackson can quickly fend it away. And it cannot snipe away infantry like what it could done before.

I rather use close air support or mobile defence that give me a better early game.
19 Jan 2015, 08:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

One great advantage that this ability does have, is that typically in a large team game there will be loads of fuel caches built to get tanks as fast as possible

Once you have reached pop cap, and provided you keep your tanks alive, that fuel income otherwise goes to waste

However if you can convert it into munitions, then you can actually use it
19 Jan 2015, 08:57 AM

Permanently Banned
Spam m8s as americans, literally a pair or 3 if you're feeling ballsy. Or just use the numerous ai abilities as the soviets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★