only the new player playing pe like a brit and perhaps
u not need to blob with a brit too

i think the new guys miss the really good times

a blob is so easy too counter for a team

germans has stuka goliath hummel and stuh

americans has strafe and calli and arty

so all is nice where is the problem? O_o
19 Jan 2015, 22:22 PM

So i stop write here now cause of u will do a mod with new pe design not informations to fix the actually pe in coh1

so guys write till the pencil get burn :banana:
20 Jan 2015, 11:47 AM

You can't fix pe without redesigning it. That's the Problem. You can't just remove the OP/broken abilities (like treadbreaker) from PE without something to compensate. Because then you leave the faction even more broken.

That's the Problem with PE. If you abuse their shit right you have an extremely strong faction, but if you try to play them different they're too weak.

It's impossible to Balance this faction with all the bullshit stuff in there. And it's even worse for Brits.
20 Jan 2015, 17:51 PM
Modmaker Badge

More on rework of the vet system of both Panzer Elite and Commonwealth. I think it would be interesting if they mirrored, respectively, US and Wehrmacht ones. PE units would have to earn their vet without experience sharing, while Brits would buy global vet for resources.
21 Jan 2015, 17:59 PM

You can't fix pe without redesigning it. That's the Problem. You can't just remove the OP/broken abilities (like treadbreaker) from PE without something to compensate. Because then you leave the faction even more broken.

That's the Problem with PE. If you abuse their shit right you have an extremely strong faction, but if you try to play them different they're too weak.

It's impossible to Balance this faction with all the bullshit stuff in there. And it's even worse for Brits.

I disagree, it can be fixed without redesigning the whole faction. You know, the issue is the following: there are several elements in both factions which requires minimal or no interaction between the players (bugs and oversights are just bonus on top of that).
Lets take Treadbreaker for example: due to its long range, severity of the it's effect (immobilization) and the fact its mounted on a mobile platform, there is not much influence the other player can apply to affect the abilities outcome, once it is in range.

The Brits take it to the more extreme: You are even punished for playing different (for example: the speed penalty and no vet when out of the aura)
There also a great number of abilities which also not interactive with the enemy player when in their range.
In my opinion both PE and Brits can be fixed if you make those abilities more interactive (oh and the drawbacks for Brits would be removed or reduced).
26 Jan 2015, 23:35 PM

How about putting the PG upgrades into the HQ?

You could add a "T1orT2" requirement to them, but ultimately it opens up choices instead of limiting them by putting them into channeled tech paths.
27 Jan 2015, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 23:35 PM12ocky
How about putting the PG upgrades into the HQ?

You could add a "T1orT2" requirement to them, but ultimately it opens up choices instead of limiting them by putting them into channeled tech paths.

Actually, this could be interesting.

But as a side note... The Focus on PE right now is pretty intense. What about brits? Anyone got ideas for them?
27 Jan 2015, 14:16 PM
Modmaker Badge

The problem with the Brits is that you'd probably have to build them from ground up to make something worthwhile. I really hate how their veterancy works, way more than PE's.

Also, I would eliminate the linear teching. It's also pretty dull that Brits only get 3 tier "buildings", while other factions have at least 5, including the HQ.
27 Jan 2015, 17:11 PM

Leave PE as is.

Brits:
1. limit tommy squads to 3 on field
2. no medics for brits, just healing (for 1v1 balance tommy squad effectiveness could be increased though)
3. fix stags
4. move option to build Vickers MG nest from tommy to sappers with upgraded repairing kit
5. Only upgraded to repair kit sappers can build Bofors 40mm and 17 pounder AT gun
6. merge sappers minesweeper abbilities upgrade with adv repair kit (5,6 would incresse possibility for player to not build a blob with piats but tech instead)
7. increase effectiveness of Cromwell vs mid/heavy armor (counting in the points mentioned before)

[rough sketch - do not take very serious]
28 Jan 2015, 22:43 PM

Leave PE as is. (the goliath is too strong i ithink u need have a chance that u can detect him and not see him only when u are down :D)

Brits:
1. limit tommy squads to 3 on field
2. no medics for brits, just healing (for 1v1 balance tommy squad effectiveness could be increased though)
3. fix stags
4. move option to build Vickers MG nest from tommy to sappers with upgraded repairing kit
5. Only upgraded to repair kit sappers can build Bofors 40mm and 17 pounder AT gun
6. merge sappers minesweeper abbilities upgrade with adv repair kit (5,6 would incresse possibility for player to not build a blob with piats but tech instead)
7. increase effectiveness of Cromwell vs mid/heavy armor (counting in the points mentioned before)

[rough sketch - do not take very serious]
#

maybe limit for sappers or fix the sapper piat that he is not better againts inf then all other :D

give the brit seperat medic bunker

i think limit for t1 ubits are not good cause of 1v1 tactiks or other tactiks
a wehrmacht player can spam his t1 the same with pe and he can win the game with it...
28 Jan 2015, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 22:43 PMnekron
#

. Erase pls.
29 Jan 2015, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 22:43 PMnekron
#

maybe limit for sappers or fix the sapper piat that he is not better againts inf then all other :D

give the brit seperat medic bunker

i think limit for t1 ubits are not good cause of 1v1 tactiks or other tactiks
a wehrmacht player can spam his t1 the same with pe and he can win the game with it...

I agree with Nekron here. Limiting Units isn't the way to go.

If those changes would be done brits would become even more broken than now.. Those limitations don't fix anything for brits apart from limiting them even more :snfCHVGame:
29 Jan 2015, 19:27 PM

I agree with Nekron here. Limiting Units isn't the way to go.

If those changes would be done brits would become even more broken than now.. Those limitations don't fix anything for brits apart from limiting them even more :snfCHVGame:

and maybe the vet system

the 3 lt limit was not for big blob with 3 lt it was for 6 units can be split and make 3 units each unit with 2 soldier squads and 1 lt that the units are not slow in enemy terretory and be stronger

so maybe when u have 3 lt are in a blob then is 1 vet system with the higher vet activated and not lt1 vet1
lt2 vet 3
lt3 vet2=vet 6 (or vet5 i have heared that the 3rd lui is useless)

greetings nekron
31 Jan 2015, 10:44 AM

So I got my mod to a point where I feel it's ready for a release. Lots of changes and still something of a work-in-progress, but very playable. I got the Flakpanzer 38(t) and Panzerwerfer working, so they're in the release.

You can download it here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24770566/Redesigned+Panzer+Elite+Mod.zip
31 Jan 2015, 12:33 PM

So I got my mod to a point where I feel it's ready for a release. Lots of changes and still something of a work-in-progress, but very playable. I got the Flakpanzer 38(t) and Panzerwerfer working, so they're in the release.

You can download it here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24770566/Redesigned+Panzer+Elite+Mod.zip

You should finish it before releasing it to public. Gj on the effort, but it really feels lackluster when playing.
31 Jan 2015, 19:48 PM

You should finish it before releasing it to public. Gj on the effort, but it really feels lackluster when playing.
How so? Lack of content?
1 Feb 2015, 20:08 PM

How so? Lack of content?

No, not lack of content. The problem is that you don't fix key issues with PE in your version, it's merely cosmetic changes that don't help the factions core problems by itself while adding non-predictable changes for PE's performance in teamgames. Also, the larger squad sizes force enemies even more to play snipers against PE because they can't deal with 4men gren squads earlygame.

I'd like to go into detail more but it's just too much stuff to write on.

However, this is my opinion, maybe others like the changes you've done. But I personally think they don't help much.
1 Feb 2015, 21:59 PM

No, not lack of content. The problem is that you don't fix key issues with PE in your version, it's merely cosmetic changes that don't help the factions core problems by itself while adding non-predictable changes for PE's performance in teamgames. Also, the larger squad sizes force enemies even more to play snipers against PE because they can't deal with 4men gren squads earlygame.

However, this is my opinion, maybe others like the changes you've done. But I personally think they don't help much.
You're going to have to tell me what the core issues are then. I thought I dealt with most of them.

I don't think the four-man Panzer Grenadier squads are overpowered to be honest. In combat, they're the same as Wehr Grenadiers right now, but are more expensive, have weaker guns, cost more to reinforce, and can't throw grenades without an upgrade. Pretty sure that Riflespam > PGren spam, which is how I wanted it to be.

Not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I need more details.
2 Feb 2015, 10:26 AM
Patrion 14

The problem is that you don't fix key issues with PE in your version, it's merely cosmetic changes that don't help the factions core problems by itself while adding non-predictable changes for PE's performance in teamgames.

[..]

So maybe a list of the core issues would be a first step then. :)
2 Feb 2015, 13:20 PM

You're going to have to tell me what the core issues are then. I thought I dealt with most of them.

I don't think the four-man Panzer Grenadier squads are overpowered to be honest. In combat, they're the same as Wehr Grenadiers right now, but are more expensive, have weaker guns, cost more to reinforce, and can't throw grenades without an upgrade. Pretty sure that Riflespam > PGren spam, which is how I wanted it to be.

Not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I need more details.

Well, if you couldn't figure out the core issues with PE you shouldn't have started in the first place to be honest.

The problem from pgrens isnt the squad size earlygame, the gren hitpoints + soldier armour is a problem. With their low hitpoints they get critted by flamethrowers too easily, and cost too much to replace in case of losses.

To fix this issue, all you need to do is to modify the hitpoints from pgrens and tweak the reinforcing costs. There's no need to put in 4men squads by default. This creates more issues than it actually helps. g43 4men squads massacre Riflemen, even with bars.

By removing shared vet from PE you nerf PE blobbing power while not giving them something to compensate. You're not adressing the core issue, you're just fixing a symptom.

PE lacks blob control weapons (real artillery/supression), which leads to PE having to blob against allied factions to match them in firepower. As you cannot supress properly you need firepower to avoid getting rolled over by allies.

These are 2 points only so far. I could go on with every other small issue, but I doubt it's worth the effort since I'd need to spend 2 hours writing everything up. Reason seen below:

So maybe a list of the core issues would be a first step then. :)

To quote an earlier post from myself, thanks for reading carefully :)

PE has several flaws, which are:

1) paper armour on vehicles, which result in most units having a very tight window in which they can be useful. Afterwards they're a waste of resource to build
2) blobbing bonuses
3) weakness to early tanks/light vehicles
4) Pantherspam in teamgames/getting heavy tanks without limit for manpower only
5) No real anti-blob weapons apart from sector arty/Hummel (so limited to 1 doc)
6) broken vet system (defensive vet always better than offensive vet, especially for vehicles) Shared vet isn't as bad as people make it out to be though
7) Ketten OP with hidden detection, fast movement and sdkfz22x armourtype.

ofc Pe also has strengths:
1) very early vehicles that can have a huge influence on the battlefield
2) many specialization options for infantry and vehicles
3) very fast teching
4) strong doctrinal units that can fill up holes in the own teching
5) start off with their mainline infantry

These are not even all issues, but those were the ones that I found originally. There are some more subtle issues, which are related or depending on larger problems within the faction.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS