Login

russian armor

Will wehrmacht be fixed or not?Clear answer.

15 Jan 2015, 20:23 PM

Nah, frankly he is not, as his premises are all wrong to start with. The empirical evidence just does not support any OKW superiority. I loathe playing vs OKW, I do not even really enjoy playing with them anymore, but it is fairly well balanced against both US and Sovs in 1v1/2v2. Anything above obviously being a different story. Still, the proof is in the pudding and has been presented in this very thread.

The only way you could logically and correctly draw the conclusion that OKW is fine against USF is to show only those matchups.

The W/L showing here is between all factions. It doesnt show for example that Ostheer did better against Soviets and that OKW did better against USF.
15 Jan 2015, 21:19 PM

What game modes are you playing and at what ranking? Although Ostheer isn't in the strongest position I don't believe its as weak as you make out. One of the main reasons it wasnt picked much in the 1v1 tourny is because Axis had to pick first, so if they picked Ostheer then everyone would just pick USA but also because of the strong position that OKW is in currently.

If Ostheer gets buffed then OKW needs nerfing a fair bit imo. 3v3 / 4v4 is already pretty stupid as OKW, spam volks and camp until Panthers / King Tigers where as allies in 3v3 / 4v4 feels like an uphill battle for most of the game.

Would you be happy to remove LMG's from grens, but put the lmg in a doctrine and buffs its damage slightly so you are forced into playing 2 or 3 doctrines? Soviets core infantry are pretty poor especially late game and even more so when facing obers.

I don't remember you posting so much about soviet issues when all the weapon profiles changes appeared, where as Ostheer you could just spam Grens and end the game in 10 minutes because soviets had so many issues standing up to them. From a lot of your posts I get the idea you only play Ostheer. If this is the case you should really play the other factions especially Allies to see that the grass isn't always greener.

I was taking a break at that time due to exams.I never denied ost was OP in good ol days,but never since WFA.I play ostheer as standard faction and others as fun.I have been playing since 2007 casually.Play all modes sometimes 4 vs 4 for a patch,then 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2.Rank don't know, probably not too good as u can see from my flag a fifth of my games end in bad connection which is why i never bothered.Overall i win 3-3.5 out of 5 games avg maybe.

On OKW nerf,go ahead.I'm not against it in any way.I don't like the faction playstyle and i don't care.
Remove LMGs..fine.But then what do you do vs rifles with BARs?Pzgrenadiers?Wait that won't work.

None of your queries changes the fact that Wehr tech cost is unsustainable ,or that its burdened by a horde of redundant or overpriced/inaccesible units which u completely ignored in ur post blaming my poor game skills for frustration.Fine if u think so,its a easy excuse out for usf players who have gotten used to autowins vs wehr and don't want that to change.

As for me being biased,i made a thread here with some suggestions-
http://www.coh2.org/topic/29236/off-the-top-off-my-head-balance-fantasy
I don't think i was too biased or asked for any changes that would make ost OP.
15 Jan 2015, 21:22 PM

Nah, frankly he is not, as his premises are all wrong to start with. The empirical evidence just does not support any OKW superiority. I loathe playing vs OKW, I do not even really enjoy playing with them anymore, but it is fairly well balanced against both US and Sovs in 1v1/2v2. Anything above obviously being a different story. Still, the proof is in the pudding and has been presented in this very thread.

This is a guy who believes ost is balanced,if only evil OKW was nerfed,wehrmacht problems would be resolved automatically.What can you say to such 'logic'?
15 Jan 2015, 21:58 PM

This is a guy who believes ost is balanced,if only evil OKW was nerfed,wehrmacht problems would be resolved automatically.What can you say to such 'logic'?

Don't bother, your post is the rendez-vous for every biased ally dick out there. Relic will balance Wehr next patch, or suffer (another) wave of players leaving the game. Don't worry.
16 Jan 2015, 01:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It would allow them to nerf the USF without messing up the other faction's balance.
16 Jan 2015, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2015, 01:35 AMTobis

It would allow them to nerf the USF without messing up the other faction's balance.

Don't understand how nerfing USf will solve some of the redundant units in ost roster.
Great plan we have to wait another 3 months before they get around to nerfing usf after OKW,and that will hopefully fix ost.
16 Jan 2015, 05:32 AM
Patrion 28

OKH doesn't have any redundant units, just uselessly UP ones. no one has any redundant units and it causes some issues because no one can ever build all their units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★