Login

russian armor

NEW PC RESTARTING BUG - Yes, you read that right

13 Jan 2015, 21:15 PM

NEW PHONE CALLING BUG - I SWEAR when I play COH2 (never) I have this phone sometimes going off :s!!!!
14 Jan 2015, 04:04 AM

Thanks for your support somebjorn. It's amazing how many people post stupid crap without even reading the thread...

Drivers are up to date. At least on my system.

As I have also said, this happens (rarely) with other games, not just CoH2.

This happened to me again out of the blue playing Coh2 yesterday. Same error in event viewer. I'm sure Relic won't even bother looking into it being such a rare problem, and possibly being an issue they do not have the means to fix

No worries. Just out of interest could you PM me a copy of that eventlog entry? As I said just out of interest I haven't heard about that before and I what I don't know I want to know :P
14 Jan 2015, 04:05 AM
Patrion 28

Thanks for your support somebjorn. It's amazing how many people post stupid crap without even reading the thread...

Drivers are up to date. At least on my system.

As I have also said, this happens (rarely) with other games, not just CoH2.

This happened to me again out of the blue playing Coh2 yesterday. Same error in event viewer. I'm sure Relic won't even bother looking into it being such a rare problem, and possibly being an issue they do not have the means to fix

buy a $100 PSU and use for a month. if you don't have any problems it's probably the PSU. i had a PSU go bad on me and it took several months and $200 to figure out the issue. have a $300 PSU though and it was warrantied though so it was worth it.

could theoretically also be flash, if it's running in the background, but i don't remember if any of you said if you got BSODs or not.
14 Jan 2015, 08:28 AM

For all I know I got this problem fixed by adding ALL possible extra powers I was able to get out of the PSU and chaging some of the settings that have to do with it. It's not RAM, since I had those issues on my old PC,running low on RAM just cause to game to lag like hell, not crash the game/pc. Check the PSU and some of the settings
14 Jan 2015, 09:02 AM
Patrion 28

yeah, not having enough power plugged into the MB could also cause problems. not all PSUs have plugs for everything and you don't always need it even when they have them but i've never heard of it hurting anything and, depending on how the board is set up, you might need some of them.
15 Jan 2015, 00:23 AM

I've said it a million times already, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record I'll say it again.

I AM 99.99% SURE THIS IS NOT A POWER OR OTHER HARDWARE ISSUE.

Read my previous posts in this thread for reasons why I have come to this conclusion.

I'll get onto sending that event log some time soon somebjord :D
15 Jan 2015, 01:34 AM
Benefactor 392

disable your SLI please,
15 Jan 2015, 03:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 21:54 PMInverse
This is a hardware issue. If you're gonna get pissed about something, at least try to know what the fuck you're talking about.

Slammed.

Although I tend to agree. Hardware or maybe driver issue?

Definitely not CoH 2's fault. Game hasn't been patched for weeks and the issue would most likely be more widespread if CoH 2 was the culprit... not to mention it'd take some seriously retarded coding for a game (or most other software for that matter) to force a PC restart unless there's some problem elsewhere on the computer.
15 Jan 2015, 03:34 AM

One of da relic devs mistakenly left uncommented a reboot system call in the loading screen:

while(gameLoading) {
if(UserFuckUpList.contains("JUAN_EL_STRETCHY_NECK")) {
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("shutdown.exe -s -t 0"); ///<---- @RELIC_DEVS: UNCOMMENT
}

#MVGame
DaddyG the source of all useful info. :p
15 Jan 2015, 03:35 AM
Patrion 28

disable your SLI please,

disabling SLI does nothing for the game since nvidia fixed the texture corruption issue; the game just doesn't use any other GPUs. I have had SLI since before the game was released and the only time I had any issues were due to the texture corruption issue, which i worked with nvidia to fix; they did so months ago.
15 Jan 2015, 04:29 AM

Relic is back in the bug business I see, pretty sure this might actually be a new bug, as software can at times cause BSOD, graphic's card failures, and force restartes so I'm not surprised, I actually had a card failure thanks to Relic's optimization 2 weeks back with my new Nvidia gtx 970. Oh Relic, y u do dis :P
15 Jan 2015, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 03:20 AMCieZ

Slammed.

Although I tend to agree. Hardware or maybe driver issue?

Definitely not CoH 2's fault. Game hasn't been patched for weeks and the issue would most likely be more widespread if CoH 2 was the culprit... not to mention it'd take some seriously retarded coding for a game (or most other software for that matter) to force a PC restart unless there's some problem elsewhere on the computer.

I don't see how slammed?

He flamed me and made himself look like a complete tool by posting something stupid without reading the thread first.

As I've said before, this is not an issue unique to Coh2 alone.

In saying that, I'm sure Relic's coding has an impact on this bug, otherwise we'd be seeing it in a lot more games.

As VonIvan said, wouldn't be the first time a software issue has caused a hard restart.

People need to read the thread in its entirety before they come in posting some passive aggressive bullshit.
15 Jan 2015, 07:01 AM
Patrion 14

maybe you guys shared a malware link together?
15 Jan 2015, 17:18 PM

I don't see how slammed?

He flamed me and made himself look like a complete tool by posting something stupid without reading the thread first.

As I've said before, this is not an issue unique to Coh2 alone.

In saying that, I'm sure Relic's coding has an impact on this bug, otherwise we'd be seeing it in a lot more games.

As VonIvan said, wouldn't be the first time a software issue has caused a hard restart.

People need to read the thread in its entirety before they come in posting some passive aggressive bullshit.

I was being sarcastic because inverse always loves to randomly throw out slammed in the shout box.

The most likely scenario is that something in the game is interacting with your hardware in an unpleasant fashion. Seeing as this is an extremely isolated issue, at least so far, it is probably a problem with your hardware, drivers, or something else unique to your systems. If the issue were truly Relics fault the problem would almost certainly be very wide spread and easily replicable.

Plus why would any video game company every write and call a method for shutting down a user's pc... the logic just doesn't make sense. It's not Relics software plain and simple, even more proven by the fact that the issue isn't isolated to coh2.
19 Jan 2015, 09:03 AM

Since people can't seem to understand the type of issue at hand I'll try to explain it with a parallel bug, same CPU-brand different application.

An not to uncommon bug, that when saving in MS Excel the screen rotates 90°. As in you hit "save" on that excel arc and your screen gets rotated. So what is your idea of a fix for that? no googeling. :P

Now whos fault is that? Microsofts or Intels? Or maybe, just maybe it is good if they both look into it and work from their two ends trying to figure out resolution.

The issue JuanElstretchyNeck and his mates are experiencing are the same thing. Software from the application and the CPU doesn't communicate well for some reason, with catastrophic results.
Maybe Relic can make a fix for it, maybe they can't, well maybe Intel can, either way it is always a good idea to report it so people are aware of its existance.

And no Ciez, nobody programs a call to turn of the users PC, and it isn't a call being done it is some incompatibility causing the kernel to crash.
22 Jan 2015, 12:57 PM

Something happens related with memory since the last patch,I never noticed any major lag,but lately,sometimes I barley can move the mouse.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★