Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes : Online Lets Bring it Back!

Would you like to see CoH:O make a comeback?
Option Distribution Votes
51%
49%
Total votes: 37
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Dec 2014, 20:53 PM

Hello everyone! I don't know if you loved Company of Heroes Online as much as I did before it was cancelled, but I am starting a campaign for Relic and Sega to bring it back. If you do not know about the game, it was basically CoH, but with a new level of persistence and variety in an MMO type community. Please check out this petition for its return and sign it to support the cause. https://www.change.org/p/sega-relic-entertainment-bring-back-company-of-heroes-online
Thanks!
6 Dec 2014, 21:21 PM

Coho was awesome,It took the online gameplay into a whole new level by introducing huge tech trees, item specialties, hero squads and far more! They left a huge advancement in the RTS genre in the dust and they should full heartily bring it back, or make a new version with factions of CoH2.
http://youtu.be/NgMUAh9gK1o
9 Dec 2014, 18:29 PM
9 Dec 2014, 18:55 PM

Relic got rid of it for a reason... due to online games not being volunteer service.
9 Dec 2014, 19:01 PM

CoH:O had the saddest excuse for balance ever seen. Oh you start the game with jesus terminators? The game was pretty comical because they didn't have to limit themselves to realistic or balanced standards like Coh1 and 2, but the game was never going to work.
9 Dec 2014, 19:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

CoH:O had the saddest excuse for balance ever seen. Oh you start the game with jesus terminators? The game was pretty comical because they didn't have to limit themselves to realistic or balanced standards like Coh1 and 2, but the game was never going to work.

A tad harsh, I think.

The real problem seems to have been that the game was too close to vCoH, which is to say it was in danger of becoming a parody of vCoH, and accordingly, many "Old Sweats" from vCoH simply did not support it.

At the same time, THQ was not whole-heartedly behind the CoH franchise (IMO), and therefore if the $ did not flow, CoHO was an experiment to be written off. Since CoHO was FTP, and never left Beta, it was perfectly understandable that many who played the game were happy to proceed without ever paying a dime (which included me). So, many of us (unwittingly) dug the grave of CoHO, not because we did not like playing with it - it had lots of variety - but bcs it did not appear to be the quick monetization project that the publisher might have hoped for.

CoHO had some lasting effects: Harlequin showed it was possible to cast on an almost daily basis, without resort to Mp3s etc The tech system for Commanders was variable and that was more interesting, than being locked into a permanently set system (though some old hands will fervently disagree)

The memory of CoHO lives on in Ardennes Assault particularly, I think: customised Commanders with tech trees are a clear derivative; and to a lesser extent, the fixed but varied Commander system in CoH2 also probably found its origins in CoHO.

Was it balanced? Nah! :D Could it ever be? You're kidding
9 Dec 2014, 21:07 PM

A tad harsh, I think.

The real problem seems to have been that the game was too close to vCoH, which is to say it was in danger of becoming a parody of vCoH, and accordingly, many "Old Sweats" from vCoH simply did not support it.

At the same time, THQ was not whole-heartedly behind the CoH franchise (IMO), and therefore if the $ did not flow, CoHO was an experiment to be written off. Since CoHO was FTP, and never left Beta, it was perfectly understandable that many who played the game were happy to proceed without ever paying a dime (which included me). So, many of us (unwittingly) dug the grave of CoHO, not because we did not like playing with it - it had lots of variety - but bcs it did not appear to be the quick monetization project that the publisher might have hoped for.

CoHO had some lasting effects: Harlequin showed it was possible to cast on an almost daily basis, without resort to Mp3s etc The tech system for Commanders was variable and that was more interesting, than being locked into a permanently set system (though some old hands will fervently disagree)

The memory of CoHO lives on in Ardennes Assault particularly, I think: customised Commanders with tech trees are a clear derivative; and to a lesser extent, the fixed but varied Commander system in CoH2 also probably found its origins in CoHO.

Was it balanced? Nah! :D Could it ever be? You're kidding

Definitely some good points. The game had some cool ideas (I mean the commanders and the crazy units were fun), but it just left me confused as to what the game was supposed to be. It felt like what Coh1 would've been if it was made is Asia. Also the idea that Relic could balance the base factions plus all the crazy vet units (which were practically new armies, balance-wise) is laughable for any coh veteran.

Last point I'll harp upon is the money-grabbing nature of that game. I mean people complain about buying commanders now, but imagine CohO with all the stupid charges for using units. That really started to push into the pay-to-win area, where hopefully Coh2 or 3 never goes into.
18 Dec 2014, 15:12 PM

No, because it will split community yet again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★