Login

russian armor

Are there any imbalance issues Allied players can admit to?

• This thread is locked
1 Dec 2014, 03:08 AM

I ask this because it seems the general attitude on these boards is that Allies can do no wrong and that there is literally nothing imbalanced or overpowered in their units and designs?

So before I make any points is there a single person on these boards who thinks that at any point in the game, Allies may just have it too easy?
1 Dec 2014, 03:18 AM

1 Dec 2014, 03:31 AM

Clearly a troll thread
1 Dec 2014, 03:57 AM

Clearly a troll thread

I'm actually 100% sincere.
1 Dec 2014, 04:16 AM

USF OP characteristics include:

• M8 canister round is pure OP/abuse. I have no idea how to counter this unit on any urban map. Your literally screwed unless opponent does not rifle scout or sweep.
  • Paratroopers equipped with LMG are simply to strong when firing on the move, especially when the targeted unit is a support team.
  • M8A1 fire rate is to high for the new cover system.
  • M20 comes out way to soon. Especially vs. OST this unit can translate to a 150-250VP lead on some maps with ease within the first 10mins.

SOV OP characteristics include:
  • ISU-152 squad wiping potential is explains itself.
  • Sniper vet 1 sprint ability duration is to long. This is more of a get out of jail free card than blitzkrieg ever has been. It is even OP when used aggressively (which fortunately no one does).

For Allies that is about all that comes to my mind in 1v1 game scenarios as being OP.
1 Dec 2014, 04:34 AM

ISU is pretty much the only thing I will admit to. Units with stupid range like Elefant, ISU and Jagdtiger don't belong in this game.

You whine about allied units, but you don't really have a leg to stand on when the developers themselves admit to Axis being easier to play.
1 Dec 2014, 05:00 AM

You whine about allied units, but you don't really have a leg to stand on when the developers themselves admit to Axis being easier to play.

Actually Relic said that they found that the larger amount of units that Allied players had by end-game could often lead to be overtaxing in the micromanagement department which could be translated to a slightly elevated difficulty.

Does that make Allies harder? No not really.
1 Dec 2014, 05:23 AM

USF OP characteristics include:

• M8 canister round is pure OP/abuse. I have no idea how to counter this unit on any urban map. Your literally screwed unless opponent does not rifle scout or sweep.
  • Paratroopers equipped with LMG are simply to strong when firing on the move, especially when the targeted unit is a support team.
  • M8A1 fire rate is to high for the new cover system.
  • M20 comes out way to soon. Especially vs. OST this unit can translate to a 150-250VP lead on some maps with ease within the first 10mins.

SOV OP characteristics include:
  • ISU-152 squad wiping potential is explains itself.
  • Sniper vet 1 sprint ability duration is to long. This is more of a get out of jail free card than blitzkrieg ever has been. It is even OP when used aggressively (which fortunately no one does).

For Allies that is about all that comes to my mind in 1v1 game scenarios as being OP.

+ US Rifles damage at knife distance is SUPERHIGH.
1 Dec 2014, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 05:00 AMSierra

Actually Relic said that they found that the larger amount of units that Allied players had by end-game could often lead to be overtaxing in the micromanagement department which could be translated to a slightly elevated difficulty.

Does that make Allies harder? No not really.

quoting this so you can't change it later

lol, do you even read what you type?
1 Dec 2014, 13:00 PM

Permanently Banned
ISU ill admit.

But almost every axis unit outperforms thier allied counter part

Even the devs admit allies are harder to play
1 Dec 2014, 14:40 PM

You should know by now that these forums, as well as the Relic ones, are dominated by allied players. If you have an opinion contrary to the majority on either of these forums, you will be harassed and banned. Whoops, I spoke too late - I notice you already have been banned. I myself was banned over at Relic, and for no reason whatsoever except having opinions the majority allied posters and moderators didn't like.

To answer your question - no, few allied posters will admit to any allied imbalances, and most all will scream bloody gore about nearly every axis unit that exists, especially OKW.

By the way, Relic balances according to forum whine. Well, we both know who can generate the overwhelming amount of that on both forums. Axis can either buck-up and start generating counter-whine of their own, or do nothing and keep getting nerf after nerf after nerf.
1 Dec 2014, 15:14 PM

You should know by now that these forums, as well as the Relic ones, are dominated by allied players. If you have an opinion contrary to the majority on either of these forums, you will be harassed and banned. Whoops, I spoke too late - I notice you already have been banned. I myself was banned over at Relic, and for no reason whatsoever except having opinions the majority allied posters and moderators didn't like.

To answer your question - no, few allied posters will admit to any allied imbalances, and most all will scream bloody gore about nearly every axis unit that exists, especially OKW.

By the way, Relic balances according to forum whine. Well, we both know who can generate the overwhelming amount of that on both forums. Axis can either buck-up and start generating counter-whine of their own, or do nothing and keep getting nerf after nerf after nerf.

Because clearly they listen to "allied posters" Even though its just been allied nerfs and axis buffs recently

What was the last thing they buffed for allies again? I think it was Rear echelon volley fire after it was nerfed into the ground.

Relic is very erratic on whom they listen to. Some times they get it right, listen to the community and make great changes (both flack tracks are good examples), other times they go to extremes (Kubel and Katushya) and other times they change things no body asked to be changed (SU-76 got nerfed :huhsign:). Other times they dont listen at all such as before WFA came out they implemented the new current OKW truck design but even though the alpha testers told them truck crushing was a real problem they still went with it.
1 Dec 2014, 15:29 PM

Permanently Banned

L2P issue

And Sierra has finally been banned, thank god. Removal of his signature would also be nice, seeing as he regularly makes spelling mistakes in his Shoutbox rants and even in some of his posts.

For all the rational arguers and debaters, I'll say that Allies are far from perfect and balanced, as Sierra would have you believe is the mainstay of this forum.

Stephen pretty much nailed everything about the USF.

-M20 arrives very early and difficult to counter with Ostheer.
-M8's Canister shot indiscriminately wipes Axis infantry but it's main gun is worthless otherwise, so maybe toning down canister shot to not always wipe, make it more expensive, and make the M8's normal gun actually do something useful would be nice.
-Stephen says Paratroopers too stronk, and I'd like to agree but USF doesn't really have any other meatier infantry, so maybe equalizing their strength with Riflemen so both are viable but neither is OP would be in order.
-Scott is way too gnarly, would like to see same amount of splash damage come out of it but less wiping potential.

Stephen is also right about Soviets imo.

-ISU still reking everything, just in slower intervals of what it reks
-Sniper's sprint could be toned down to last only like 4 seconds, just enough to get it to saftey but not enough to the point where it can outrun light vehicles 1/4 across the map.
-I also feel that demo packs are a little too strong, mostly because you can't sweep them with minesweepers. Make them sweepable and problem is solved.
-Maxims are weird for me, I have no problem countering them when playing as Ostheer, since rifle grenades do the trick will if they aren't in a building and Flamepios if they are, but in teamgames I use them and they are incredibly strong. So maxim spam is still an issue and I think the best solution would be increase the popcap for them, so that they have a bigger weight on you in the late game if you wish to continue having infantry superiority/territory denial.
1 Dec 2014, 16:02 PM

1 Dec 2014, 16:20 PM

+ US Rifles damage at knife distance is SUPERHIGH.

Grenadiers damage at long range is superhight, who of them cost more.
1 Dec 2014, 17:30 PM

I was looking forward to this thread after I saw stephenn's post. Then... not so much. :(

Poor swiffy
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Poland 10
United States 7
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L