Login

russian armor

Guard

30 Nov 2014, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 14:20 PMKatitof

It used to have 45 range, which actually made it somewhat decent, but then it was nerfed.

Yeah it's depressing to see guards chasing after a low hp vehicle even with engine damage (especially if on a road). They get gunned down as they try to get into range and thanks to the aim time of the PTRS they don't even get any shots off.
30 Nov 2014, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 23:52 PMVIPUKS

They are for guarding your snipers not fighting at frontline.

If they are not design to fight at frontline, which inf I should use for it? Cons? Penals? :foreveralone:
30 Nov 2014, 15:16 PM

If they are not design to fight at frontline, which inf I should use for it? Cons? Penals? :foreveralone:

I think Penals are good. You never use them?

30 Nov 2014, 19:16 PM

I think they should perform better than Cons as a frontline battle unit. Right now, they seem to only perform marginally better. They seem to be button fodder
30 Nov 2014, 19:20 PM

Give them an upgrade to remove the PTRS for 50 munitions.
30 Nov 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 19:20 PMBurts
Give them an upgrade to remove the PTRS for 50 munitions.

They should come just with rifles and have the ability to upgrade to DP or PTRS. Paying muni to remove a weapon is so funny :D
30 Nov 2014, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 19:43 PMNinjaWJ

They should come just with rifles and have the ability to upgrade to DP or PTRS. Paying muni to remove a weapon is so funny :D

Well, the upgrade to remove PTRS would overall be a considerable 1/3 DPS buff to gaurds. So really good.

And giving upgrade to PTRS or DP-28s would result in everyone just spamming DP-28s because PTRS is goddamm useless. It would be a major downgrade. An upgrade that removes the PTRS does both, still keep the PTRS seen occasionally and not completely extinct.
30 Nov 2014, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 19:46 PMBurts

Well, the upgrade to remove PTRS would overall be a considerable 1/3 DPS buff to gaurds. So really good.

And giving upgrade to PTRS or DP-28s would result in everyone just spamming DP-28s because PTRS is goddamm useless. It would be a major downgrade. An upgrade that removes the PTRS does both, still keep the PTRS seen occasionally and not completely extinct.

youre right. Having PTRS in the early game would be useful to fight against early vehicles.
30 Nov 2014, 20:10 PM

PTRS is not useless!
Once I killed "no-health" Panther with engine damage. Took me 5 shots to penetrate rear. :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:
30 Nov 2014, 23:15 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 14:20 PMKatitof

It used to have 45 range, which actually made it somewhat decent, but then it was nerfed.

i have no fucking clue why it was nerfed. it wasn't needed and it had a severe impact on their performance. the only unit it had a significant impact on was the 222 and that can see further than 45. it's not like the 222 has much use now anyway.
1 Dec 2014, 01:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

PTRS is not useless!
Once I killed "no-health" Panther with engine damage. Took me 5 shots to penetrate rear. :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:

I'm just gonna say that either you are missing a point (like hitting front), exagerating or you were pretty unlucky.

You failed 5 chances between 90%-63% depending on range. That's less that 0.5% chance.
1 Dec 2014, 01:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i have no fucking clue why it was nerfed. it wasn't needed and it had a severe impact on their performance. the only unit it had a significant impact on was the 222 and that can see further than 45. it's not like the 222 has much use now anyway.

I think it was to stop M3 + Guard kiting 222, when everyone was M3 spamming with guards/snipers/flamers inside.
1 Dec 2014, 02:35 AM

Well i find them quite useful, you got your guards quite early in game, they are great counter against any light vehicle, OKWs HMG car or 221 scout car, and even in late game they are great to help out your tanks and AT guns to pin down enemy heavy tanks, I mean they are THE ONLY unit that pin down tanks! What can you ask for more.
1 Dec 2014, 03:11 AM

Well i find them quite useful, you got your guards quite early in game, they are great counter against any light vehicle, OKWs HMG car or 221 scout car, and even in late game they are great to help out your tanks and AT guns to pin down enemy heavy tanks, I mean they are THE ONLY unit that pin down tanks! What can you ask for more.

Ha. Ha ha ha ha. (Sarcastic laughing)

Light vehicles are no bane as to be only beaten by guards. Small arms kills them, and you dont need to have a special squad just to kill light vehicles - conscripts with AT nades, or simply a ZiS will kill it faster since the Guards will most likely be setting up and being vulnerable during that time.

And some "pin". Smoke or blitz can be activated when Guards "pin" a tank. An AT nade or glorious Soviet mines that were set before hand are much better muni investments than spending a ton of munitions on a piñata that "pins" a tank.

Slapping junk equipment on a squad that spends millennia shooting at tougher targets and ends up losing all the equipment, which actually costs some, - i would think people deserve to ask for more compared to everything else priced around that much.

Another match i saw a teammate charge three Guards at a panther and they shot at each other for 30 seconds, but the panther lost 1/5th of its health and drove away while the Guards were still there, still firing their pea shooters. We lost because of his crappy investment. Would it be too much to ask for an ability for Guards to throw their PTRS into the bushes so they can contribute a bit more? I know Stavka wont like it, but its not the Guards' fault that the "best equipment" is garbage...
1 Dec 2014, 03:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 22:57 PMarmatak
Maybe some increased vision range or increased range on ptrs for more viability against flaktrack or luchs.

So do u think they should do the same for volks' shreck range vs USF AA truck?!!! that's exactly the same situation.

You should try to flank them to get close enough in range to shoot, not to blob and run to them in open ground!
1 Dec 2014, 05:06 AM

So do u think they should do the same for volks' shreck range vs USF AA truck?!!! that's exactly the same situation.

You should try to flank them to get close enough in range to shoot, not to blob and run to them in open ground!

May I remind you that Volks have a panzershrek, which can very easily deal significant damage to tanks, whereas the PTRS does pudding all...
I can't believe anyone could possibly draw a comparison between PTRS and panzershreks...
1 Dec 2014, 07:52 AM

May I remind you that Volks have a panzershrek, which can very easily deal significant damage to tanks, whereas the PTRS does pudding all...
I can't believe anyone could possibly draw a comparison between PTRS and panzershreks...

Well, I agree with that, they are basically different weapons anyways. But, that's what range based combat is! if you are really able to get close on open ground to a unit like the flak ht, luchs, etc able to shoot at them at the same time they suppress or shoot at u, micro, range based combat or flanking becomes useless. That's how a good USF player doesn't let anti-tank infantry get close to them and suppresses them before they can shoot. Well it makes more sense, as in reality a vehicle is expected to have a longer shooting range than infantry.
1 Dec 2014, 13:45 PM

Ye well guards don t have stuff like smoke ;)
1 Dec 2014, 16:20 PM

Guards definitely needs a buff. I think increasing the damage on DPs would make them more viable again, at least be on par with German LMGs.
1 Dec 2014, 16:35 PM

I think that the guards need specialization:
- Or they are AT soldiers, with PTSD, anti-tank grenades and other AT abilities.
- Or they are long range soldiers like Fusiliers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★