Login

russian armor

skill planes

21 Nov 2014, 12:40 PM

The p47 and the Stuka at strafe are far to strong, the stuka is the worst offender due to allied tanks having lower health and armor values. Jackson's go Down on one pass and t34/85s go down from full health to only a small sliver left. P47s while strong and borderline op isn't even that strong, I never seen it do that much damage on its first run. Usf and Soviets are both screwed because they dont have any easily accessible aa, and Germans get free aa off the bat and ostwinds aren't that hard to get. The damage should be spread how over 3 or 4 runs or it deals less damage. Seriously this is almost as bad as the il2 cannon strafe everyone complained about.
21 Nov 2014, 13:04 PM

240 muni abilities shouldn't have impact on game. Super tanks and blobs fully armed with upgrades should. Oh, wait...
21 Nov 2014, 13:13 PM

if anything these planes should be cheaper, and less effective
21 Nov 2014, 13:25 PM

Well tbh the difference between these 2 air strikes has its roots in something that it's not directly related to them. The Allied armor which is thiner. I guess Stuka ground attack shouldn't be so powerfull, while P-47 air strike should stay powerfull. On the other hand, P-47 sight on the battlefield is huge compared to Stuka's - which is non existent. They scout the area and they search for targets. So you can click the P-47 skillplane and forget about it, while clicking Stuka you need to keep constant view on targets, from the ground, if you want to be effective. From this point of view, P-47 looks more as a skillplane for me.

All in all, Stuka is currently to strong and I think it's damage should be adjusted.
21 Nov 2014, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 13:15 PMspajn
stuka ofc is the worst offender what a suprise fucking communist fanboy.
what? I also included the p47 and you still called my a fanboy? God you fanboys are insufferable.
21 Nov 2014, 13:34 PM

Well....

The it does more or less the same damage to tanks, but on top of that it also reliably wrecks AT guns and does a good deal of damage to infantry. Driving your tanks out of range does not make the ability harmless unlike P47 strafes.

Erhm I'm not sure if that's true. In my experience the p47 attacks vehicles all over the map.

The effective area of these strafes should be smaller and the duration should be lowered, maybe for a small price reduction.
21 Nov 2014, 13:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Once again I think this goes back to the lack of efficient anti-air capability. Most factions' AA options aren't entirely effective, the quad .50 cal has such bad range, the OKW T4 and base turrets have varying levels of reliability and seem to be based mostly on RNG, and Wehr Ostwind is hardly worth buying for dedicated AA, particularly when you could get a P4 instead for more ground versatility.

Only the USF M15 seems to do it's job right, and only when it's stationary and it's AA ability is being used, which in turn makes it an incredibly easy target for tanks/AT.

I think anti-air needs to be reworked into the game as a viable and active part of the battle, not just a unit that you buy and hope it does it's job.
21 Nov 2014, 13:40 PM

P47 is strong but it's also very map/position depending. On tight maps, where you have building around you can hide tanks between them. It often fails to hit the target or contrary hits target with all rockets. Yet Im far from saying it's OP.
Stuka? I don't think it's OP and what's more, you dont see it very often due to other late game abilities.

Only the USF M15 seems to do it's job right, and only when it's stationary and it's AA ability is being used, which in turn makes it an incredibly easy target for tanks/AT.

But how the hell does it work?
When I click it and plane is circling around, M15 is doing nothing. But when I cancel it, it start shooting, WTF

_________
Like I said, hide behind bulding so the building would be between you and coming P47. Most rocket wont get you.
21 Nov 2014, 13:41 PM

Erhm I'm not sure if that's true. In my experience the p47 attacks vehicles all over the map.

The effective area of these strafes should be smaller and the duration should be lowered, maybe for a small price reduction.

The P47 'lock on' to a target during their circle fly-over. It will then leave the area and come back to do a rocket strafe on the target, regardless of whether it has left the circle or not. It will then however return to the call-in zone and circle again. So leaving the zone with vehicles does render the ability harmless, but only if you do it before the P47s lock on. I don't think it is possible to prevent a first-pass hit because they lock on more or less the moment you call them in, but you can prevent a second pass most of the time.

Now The Stuka is just a roided up IL-2 strike. It targets everything and actually does more damage to weapon teams than the IL-2, and it does P47 equivalent damage to vehicles. It's a bit too much for its current price tag.
Vaz
21 Nov 2014, 13:44 PM

The p47 behavior has been defined over and over again. It doesn't just go around all over the map. You can escape from it.
21 Nov 2014, 13:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One defamatory flame post invised, with 2 follow-ups quoting said post.

Please do not :)
21 Nov 2014, 13:51 PM

The P47 'lock on' to a target during their circle fly-over. It will then leave the area and come back to do a rocket strafe on the target, regardless of whether it has left the circle or not. It will then however return to the call-in zone and circle again. So leaving the zone with vehicles does render the ability harmless, but only if you do it before the P47s lock on. I don't think it is possible to prevent a first-pass hit because they lock on more or less the moment you call them in, but you can prevent a second pass most of the time.

Now The Stuka is just a roided up IL-2 strike. It targets everything and actually does more damage to weapon teams than the IL-2, and it does P47 equivalent damage to vehicles. It's a bit too much for its current price tag.

Ok thx for clearing that up!
21 Nov 2014, 14:13 PM

21 Nov 2014, 14:37 PM

Didnt we have this thread already? Also, The P-47 is always getting shot down by the flak from OKW base.
21 Nov 2014, 14:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Didnt we have this thread already? Also, The P-47 is always getting shot down by the flak from OKW base.

Can someone think on the OH :simpsons:
21 Nov 2014, 15:07 PM

Can someone think on the OH :simpsons:

OKW is more popular than OH lol.
21 Nov 2014, 15:40 PM

Trello card has been created.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L