Login

russian armor

Yep I'm going there, Panzerwerfer

17 Nov 2014, 10:46 AM

its not better to use a brummbar in some situations because 1. it costs more fuel, and 2. its a direct fire unit. a brummbar isnt going to instantly clear an at gun position. in fact itll probably take quite a bit of damage and be forced off.
17 Nov 2014, 11:04 AM

Just a simple question:

Katjusha fires 3 barrages with 12 rockets = 36 rockets and Pzwerfer 1 barrage with 10, is this correct?
17 Nov 2014, 11:32 AM

Just a simple question:

Katjusha fires 3 barrages with 12 rockets = 36 rockets and Pzwerfer 1 barrage with 10, is this correct?

No and Yes.

Katyusha is a 4*4 salvo
Pwerfer is a 1*10 salvo
17 Nov 2014, 11:35 AM

a brummbar isnt going to instantly clear an at gun position.

Neither is the panzerwerfer half the time
17 Nov 2014, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 06:52 AMNinjaWJ
Panzerwerfer is pretty good imo. I would love the Katyusha to deliver all of its rockets at once like the Werfer. Problem is that the Panzerwerfer is in T4 and comes out pretty late. You probably wanna save for a Panther by that time or another tank

If the katy delivered all it's rocket's at once it would wipe anything in the sector and would make it even stronger.
17 Nov 2014, 12:20 PM

Are people seriously suggesting that an artillery piece should be used as an artillery piece? get close to a target? thats the sturmtigers job.
And he was firing blind either he used recon for spotting
17 Nov 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 12:20 PMJaigen
Are people seriously suggesting that an artillery piece should be used as an artillery piece? get close to a target?...

Anyway, I believe panzerwerfer needs to be fixed somehow.

Buff AoE - death to all allied troops
Reduce scatter - seems like a high angle katyusha barrage
Move to T3 - seems the best but then again, is it too early?

Choose.

I choose all. :D
17 Nov 2014, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 11:32 AMCruzz

No and Yes.

Katyusha is a 4*4 salvo
Pwerfer is a 1*10 salvo

Hey Cruzz, what happend? Wouldn't you exchange Lmg grenadeers on BAR rifles anymore? :D
17 Nov 2014, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 12:56 PMsteel

Anyway, I believe panzerwerfer needs to be fixed somehow.

Buff AoE - death to all allied troops
Reduce scatter - seems like a high angle katyusha barrage
Move to T3 - seems the best but then again, is it too early?

Choose.

I choose all. :D

I think just reducing the scatter would be enough,
That or undo its damage nerf, it was fine before that.
17 Nov 2014, 14:55 PM

Panzerwerfer is really too weak for its price. Most of the time rockets will have too big spread and hit nothing. I think it should be more accurate which will be even historically correct.
17 Nov 2014, 15:21 PM

The funny thing is they nerfed the werfer and the katyusha and after that they put the Stuka in the game. Makes no sense when you think how damn good the Stuka is.
17 Nov 2014, 15:37 PM

Katyusha and Panzerwerfer are different units that are not used in the same way.

The Katy fires more rockets but fires it in volleys. It's best used at medium-far range because the smaller the impact zone, the easier it is for the enemy to dodge the rockets after the first volley. Firing the rockets also takes quite a few seconds, making it vulnerable to counter attacks.

The Panzerwerfer fires less rockets but fires them all in one go. It is best used at close-medium range because you can deliver a huge payload on a small target with no time for the enemy to react after the first rocket hits. Firing the rockets also takes only takes like 2 seconds so you can be reversing away from the frontline before the rockets even hit the ground.
17 Nov 2014, 15:46 PM

every one here who thinks the pwerfer is garbage u need to learn how to use it... get closer shoot in run and u squad wipe everything...this is not made to be used from fast its a shoot and run unit. this is a learn to play issue. I used the kat and werfer all the time and get same out come. I use both from close .real close to the minimum range.... this owns mgs and atgun...it can hurt tanks real bad even heavies
17 Nov 2014, 15:55 PM

I am surprised to see so many people saying Werfer is useful when it comes in T4. How do you go T4? This unit deserves serious buffs or it can move to T3.

Changes I would make if it stays in T4:

Fires slower (more realistic anyway)
Rockets create suppression on impact
Rockets create an incendiary effect (allowing players to retreat if they want, but punishes blob)

Effectively this would convert it to the Werfer from vCOH which worked well.

Also people saying drive it close...lol. To get it close enough to reduce scatter it has to be in Zis range. One single pathfinding bug and that thing is toast since even CE's can damage it effectively.
17 Nov 2014, 16:09 PM

Also people saying drive it close...lol. To get it close enough to reduce scatter it has to be in Zis range. One single pathfinding bug and that thing is toast since even CE's can damage it effectively.

This, you can drive it close but you put it at considerable risk doing so depending on the map and commanders of the opponent.

Its a artillery piece guys. it should be effective at max range as well as more effective at close range if you drive it up that close. (lol)

Right now its drive up close or don't kill anything at a max range barrage unless you have like 3 of them.
17 Nov 2014, 18:35 PM

It seems that accuracy is its main problem

I would buff accuracy and increase damage, but make it fire 2 salvos of 5 rockets, that way it doesn't demolish everything in the entire sector and isn't too OP
17 Nov 2014, 19:40 PM

With how much up the "tech" tree this thing is, I would reduce the recharge time a bit more ro make up for its crappy scatter. These things are so bad that im happy when the enemy makes one, Beacuse thats less fuel for a tank.
17 Nov 2014, 21:42 PM

This, you can drive it close but you put it at considerable risk doing so depending on the map and commanders of the opponent.

Its a artillery piece guys. it should be effective at max range as well as more effective at close range if you drive it up that close. (lol)

Right now its drive up close or don't kill anything at a max range barrage unless you have like 3 of them.

this kind of thinking is what prevents you from effectively using a unit. its like saying, oh, g43s should be good at long range cause theyre rifles! but no, they work best at medium and close range. the same applies for the panzerwerfer. sure, the katy is better at long, but the werfer is superior at close range because it drops its entire paylaod at once, and saturates the area.

anyone with half a brain WONT drive the pwerfer into range of AT guns and sorts. shoot from behind shot blockers or fog and then immediately reverse after its done firing.

also the pwerfer DOES indeed wipe or bring down to very low hp AT guns when firing from close to mid range.

while it is true that it is quite far up the tech tree, i dont even bother going t3 when i play wehr anymore. you can stall at t1 and t2 for abit, and you can actuall get a panther by around the 14-15min mark, using a luftwaffe supply drop cuts the time by about 2 minutes every time you use one. panthers are just superior to every piece of allied medium armor, and are the only thing piece of non-doc armor that can effectively tackle jacksons. usually i get a pwerfer after i feel like i have armor dominance and need a way to clear out late game infantry.
18 Nov 2014, 15:43 PM

At the end of the day I feel like just reduceing it's scatter a bit so it doesn't suck as bad at max range might be just the way to go.

Moving it to T3 isen't gonna happen, upping its damage is not gonna happen as well.

I still maintain it should have effectiveness at max range when the kat dose and has higher max range.

Stuka is just better all around, but that's a different discussion.
18 Nov 2014, 18:49 PM

These two units fulfill different roles, so it's hard to directly compare them.

Kats are supposed to be used as an area denial artillery, that's why there are 4 salvos. The werfer is supposed to be a very concentrated barage in one go. So wefers are better against blobs, and doing direct damage. It's like the difference between the mg42 and the maxim.

If I'd change anything about the werfer, I'd take a look at it's vet1 ability. Does anyone even use counter barrage? That seems pretty useless to me. Whereas the Kat vet1 ability is very useful, which might be why it seems so much better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight