Login

russian armor

Yep I'm going there, Panzerwerfer

16 Nov 2014, 21:12 PM

So this has been bugging me for a while now.
The Panzerwerfer is the worst rocket artillery in the game
hands down while being quite expensive. When they nerfed the Kat truck (Omg that thing was op)
The Panzerwerfer got its damage cut by one half. (160>80)

Real world? now a days when you shoot a kat truck at a blob its pretty effective as it should be.
When you shoot the Panzerwerfer on a blob that's standing still it may get 3-5 kills.
So I feel like the unit needs some love its very bad for its price.

Just unsure how it should be changed, More damage? more rockets? perhaps more AOE?
Whatever the case this unit I feel like should be discussed.
16 Nov 2014, 21:20 PM

Its expensive, but I think its not very ineffective. I had some good games with it.
Compared to the stuka au fuss, it sux.
16 Nov 2014, 21:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think it needs a bigger AoE or it needs to hit the field earlier by moving to a different tier or something. Katyusha and Stuka are both better and both arrive way earlier.
16 Nov 2014, 21:29 PM

Problem is it has similar cost to the Kat and deals half the damage of the kat. (Kat fires twice as many rockets)
16 Nov 2014, 21:36 PM

Problem is it has similar cost to the Kat and deals half the damage of the kat. (Kat fires twice as many rockets)

what you are forgetting is the werfer does only one volley in its target area. The Kat fires multiple bursts allowing the axis player to get out before sustaining too much damage. I would take a werfer any day over the Kat if it were not for the Kat's vet ability.

On a side note, the werfer adds aa with its mg :D
16 Nov 2014, 21:39 PM

Id almost venture to say that kat in 2 bursts are more effective then panzerwerfer's entire payload.

First one hits your troops, and then again while you are retreating. It has a pretty wide spread.
16 Nov 2014, 21:44 PM

I'm fairly certain that both units fire identical rockets. One fires 16 of them in volleys of 4, the other fires 10 in 1 volley. There was a time when the panzerwerfer rockets did more damage; back then it was 1 volley = 1 squad. The near-instant landing of all 10 rockets gave no chance to escape.
16 Nov 2014, 21:46 PM

I'm fairly certain that both units fire identical rockets. One fires 16 of them in volleys of 4, the other fires 10 in 1 volley. There was a time when the panzerwerfer rockets did more damage; back then it was 1 volley = 1 squad. The near-instant landing of all 10 rockets gave no chance to escape.

Agreed but as opposed to now were you can almost stand in it.
16 Nov 2014, 21:47 PM

drive as close to the enemy as you can without been seen to deliver a tight cluster as possible. the werfer is pretty good late game when you need to instantly clear defensive lines of AT guns and HMGs to clear the way for your infantry and tanks.

16 Nov 2014, 21:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think it should have its scatter reduced at long range. Its close range power is devastating but long range its soo bad.
16 Nov 2014, 21:51 PM

what you are forgetting is the werfer does only one volley in its target area. The Kat fires multiple bursts allowing the axis player to get out before sustaining too much damage. I would take a werfer any day over the Kat if it were not for the Kat's vet ability.

On a side note, the werfer adds aa with its mg :D

I have used both. Even the first volley alone of Katy does more damage the entire Werfer barrage. Only advantage on Werfer is its survivability and accuracy of rockets. But it's tech is more expensive, it has very low damage and still very easy to take down.

Katy should be better than Werfer because that is part of balancing these factions. SU has more infantry and cheaper same with tanks along with better artillery as still have some heavy tanks doctrinally. However right now Werfer are not even an effective blob deterrent which it should be at minimum since it has no other non doc way to punish blobs except slow and very RNG based strum panzer
16 Nov 2014, 22:00 PM

just make the AOE bigger, I like the idea that it softens up a large area of enemy concentrations as opposed to obliterating a "small" area.
16 Nov 2014, 22:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Vote here
16 Nov 2014, 22:15 PM

I say try reducing the cooldown by like half see if thats OP or Ok.

If you adjust scatter and aoe statistics too greatly multiple werfers will 1 shot infantry squads everywhere since the rockets are near instant, so having a faster rate of fire might be a good way to avoid this problem and make the unit unique and useful
16 Nov 2014, 22:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reduce amount of rockets, reduce cooldown.
16 Nov 2014, 23:13 PM

Well, it would be also ok if it would fire 2 salvos each 5 shots with only a short break and good punch
16 Nov 2014, 23:23 PM

why do people want 2 salvos? units have a chance to get out of the area inbetween barrages. single barrage is better for the shock value and all the rockets falling at once to cover the maximum area
16 Nov 2014, 23:36 PM
Patrion 28

there's a trade off. with multiple salvos you can deny an area. the first barrage is still the most damaging though (hence the development of ToT). There are situations when you want area denial but most of the time you want a strong initial barrage. i think the werfer should be left as a single barrage but the katy could be made more useful with the barrages reduced to 2 or 3 stronger barrages, perhaps with a little more time in between salvos.
17 Nov 2014, 01:13 AM

It's good as it is, but it's in the wrong tier, put it in T3, though I dont know what you could swap it with.
17 Nov 2014, 01:18 AM

Wrong tier indeed in the past it was in tier 3 and it should go back their
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 58
unknown 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L