Login

russian armor

Plane crashes should deal no damage

• This thread is locked
10 Nov 2014, 22:12 PM

This is just stupid, we nearly lost a game because the enemy P47 crashed into our King tiger and destroyed it. It would be bad enough if this would just happen once in a lifetime but a little bit later another P47 crashed into a King Tiger and left it seriously damaged behind. Lucky for us we could get it back into our base,if we had lost it because of that, we would have certainly lost the game because of a stupid rng mechanic.

The damage from the P47 is bad enough alone but with this random crashing it can change a game. So i think that the damage shoudl either be completely removed or lowered so far that it can just kill infantry

10 Nov 2014, 22:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Agreed
10 Nov 2014, 22:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This is just stupid, we nearly lost a game because the enemy P47 crashed into our King tiger and destroyed it. It would be bad enough if this would just happen once in a lifetime but a little bit later another P47 crashed into a King Tiger and left it seriously damaged behind. Lucky for us we could get it back into our base,if we had lost it because of that, we would have certainly lost the game because of a stupid rng mechanic.

The damage from the P47 is bad enough alone but with this random crashing it can change a game. So i think that the damage shoudl either be completely removed or lowered so far that it can just kill infantry

You're right. I agree. Been on the wrong(or right?Kappa) side of this as well.
I have had and have seen p47s crash into repairing USF vehicle crews as well. Wonder if they can nerf the explosions penetration. so it only does AOE damage or something.. lol
10 Nov 2014, 22:34 PM
Donator 11

I like planekrashes
10 Nov 2014, 22:44 PM

If CoH2 is going to be esport - yes but...
I don't want a game that is almost 100% about math.
0% to plane crush.
Every third shot will penetrate..
And on...
And on...
I love RNG. It gives some much to the game. Sometimes it helps you, sometimes not. It makes the game a way better, at least for me.
10 Nov 2014, 22:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I really like plane crashes and I don't want to seem them removed.
One thing I could see happening is making planes crash more horizontally so there is more chance it crashes in teh oob
10 Nov 2014, 22:57 PM

Maybe they should make it where the plane lands out of bounds, but for it to hit in bounds it should destroy anything it hits. Im not saying that this game should be realistic, but come on, I dont want planes to do any damage because it effects me negativly? There is only a handful of units capable of taking down a plane, in the USF case they just spent 200+ muni on an ability designed to take out heavy tanks, and does a poor job imo, for it to just get shot down and do nothing is not a direction this game shouldnt go.
10 Nov 2014, 23:06 PM

Ok, you are saying about this like it's happening all the time. I have around 1000h with CoH2 and it did not happen to me even once, so leave it as it is. It adds beauty of RNG.
10 Nov 2014, 23:39 PM
Patrion 14

i think it should leave a fire ball like inciendary strike sp it won't change the game in a secoond
10 Nov 2014, 23:59 PM
11 Nov 2014, 00:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Agreed, maybe also:

- ISU-152s can shoot flowers instead of shells

- KV-8s can spray silly string instead of fire

- German tanks are replaced with adorable keetoms

- Grenadiers get care bear stares instead of LMGs

- Shock troops need to get close so they can hug you
11 Nov 2014, 11:04 AM

I like the rng in the game, it makes both when playing and watching other people playing much more thrilling, and plane crashes are some of the best. They dont happen that often and when they do you never know what they are going to hit. I dont want COH2 to become 100% robotic and predictable.

Granted I dont like when my t34 misses 4 shots in a row from point blank but maybe they can improve the rng factor instead of removing it.
11 Nov 2014, 11:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 11:04 AMmrako
I like the rng in the game, it makes both when playing and watching other people playing much more thrilling, and plane crashes are some of the best. They dont happen that often and when they do you never know what they are going to hit. I dont want COH2 to become 100% robotic and predictable.

this^

maybe they should deal reduced damage so they aren't an instant kill of whatever they hit.
11 Nov 2014, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 11:07 AMWiFiDi

this^

maybe they should deal reduced damage so they aren't an instant kill of whatever they hit.

Yeah leave them in and reduce the damage. The current problem is that they are an almost insta-kill of whatever they hit, which is a problem in game that is all about unit preservation.
11 Nov 2014, 13:37 PM

I like how people seem to be completely fine with 100% no skill pure RNG things just completely deciding games for no reason other than "lol you lose son"

Imagine in a 1v1 tournament finals where somebody lost because a plane crahsed into their tanks.... That would simply be awful..

Relic seems to be kind of into the esports thing. So if they are, these kind of things need to be removed.
11 Nov 2014, 13:42 PM

Random elements like this is what makes coh a different game.
Wouldn't want this thing to go despite both winning and loosing to it, its too hilarious when it happens.
11 Nov 2014, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 13:37 PMBurts
I like how people seem to be completely fine with 100% no skill pure RNG things just completely deciding games for no reason other than "lol you lose son"

Imagine in a 1v1 tournament finals where somebody lost because a plane crahsed into their tanks.... That would simply be awful..

Relic seems to be kind of into the esports thing. So if they are, these kind of things need to be removed.

Dude not each one of us is going to become an e-athlete when COH2 becomes an e-sport. I am fine with COH2's gameplay as it is. If they can only fix the performance decrease after the WF :(
11 Nov 2014, 14:46 PM

There are sometimes situations that commanders can do nothing about in battlefield. For example a storm that effect the air assault bla bla.. I love this kind of deadly luck stuff to see in this game.
11 Nov 2014, 15:03 PM

Agree to topic subject, if you have some bad luck it can cost you the game. And I hate the luck factor when playing competitive. Skill != Luck !!!!!
11 Nov 2014, 15:10 PM

Planes are like good old V1 rockets MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 63

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak