Login

russian armor

Drop Hacking?

2 Nov 2014, 19:19 PM

Today i was playing a game where our team was doing really well. A couple of our guys were about to push into the enemy base. Suddenly, our game crashed and we got a sync-error. We even got a "Defeated" notification. My teammates said that the opponents were drop hacking? Is this true? Does this exist in COH2?
2 Nov 2014, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

Relic currently say that battle servers make this unlikely and they have found no evidence that it can be done
2 Nov 2014, 19:24 PM

Well it is disappointing that i got a defeat from a sync-error
2 Nov 2014, 19:29 PM
Donator 11

Win or loss should be based on your trust rating although I'm sure this is relevant in coh2 post battle servers.

If you drop for whatever reason then your rating goes down and if lower than the opponent you get the loss. Is was probably more accurate when drops were more frequent with peer to peer and there wasn't a server to check which side had dropped.
2 Nov 2014, 19:37 PM
Coder Red Badge

Sync error isn't drophack it's synchack. Drophacking isn't possible in the traditional sense because of battle servers, and likely isn't possible at all unless there's exploitable code on the servers themselves. Synchacking is likely still possible, though potentially more difficult now depending on how the software running on the servers was written.
2 Nov 2014, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 19:29 PMArray
Win or loss should be based on your trust rating although I'm sure this is relevant in coh2 post battle servers.

If you drop for whatever reason then your rating goes down and if lower than the opponent you get the loss. Is was probably more accurate when drops were more frequent with peer to peer and there wasn't a server to check which side had dropped.

Yes i remember people talking about the trust rating. I havent left a game in ages. Not sure what is going on
2 Nov 2014, 19:40 PM

Sync error isn't drophack it's synchack. Drophacking isn't possible in the traditional sense because of battle servers, and likely isn't possible at all unless there's exploitable code on the servers themselves. Synchacking is likely still possible, though potentially more difficult now depending on how the software running on the servers was written.

Relic definitely needs to implement some stuff to fix this because i got a loss :( People dropping in the first 30 seconds shouldn't punish their teammates with a loss/win as well
2 Nov 2014, 21:29 PM

I also had this few times. Always when we won almost. Coincidence for sure
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L