Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
31 Oct 2014, 14:52 PM

I´d like spawning from ambient building removed from jaeger light infantry and stormtroopers, so that partisans and falls are only infantry who have it.

Also, giving just a little buff to fg42 and making it an upgrade for falls would be nice (maybe the airdropped ones could keep it from the get go, dunno). Not sure what others think about these?

Lastly, I know you said you rather don´t want to change units and their tiers, but I think this would be good opportunity and platform to at least test the su76/t70 swap for some time.
31 Oct 2014, 14:59 PM
31 Oct 2014, 15:44 PM

could you make the pop system like in coh1???
31 Oct 2014, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 08:03 AMCruzz

"Any more splash" when the thing really has zero splash in release version. There's no point improving it's AT when it's in the same tier as SU85. And moving units between tiers is something fairly radical that I'd like to avoid if possible.

Because the LMG34 on them is so far out of the weapon performance curve it ain't even funny, needed to do something about it without altering the Obers too much. Any squad picking them up is a terminator. Maybe just flat out nerfing the MG34 and giving the 3 other guys better base weapons is a better choice, we'll see. But they absolutely need to have their damage spread out between the models better than now.

Perhaps, I just don't like the idea of squad dropping weapons when they aren't wiped. It's another bad case of RNG for me especially with stuff like mines blowing up 2 to 3 people and that Germans squads are a small 4 men.

There is nothing wrong with changing tiers, Relic should have done that long ago. The Tier system Relic had set up for the Soviets sucks.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 08:03 AMCruzz

It already has better DPS than KV8, not sure how squadwipey you really want it. The way I see it, the issue is not damage output, but competition from more durable alternatives at that point in the game, especially for the munitions part.

The Flamehalftrack does not have better dps than the KV8, how often do you see it squad wipe? RNG probably made an entire squad pop for you in one moment because flame kill rely on RNG now but it does not happen for me. I only see the thing tickling the enemy with fire till RNG picks out which person it should kill.
31 Oct 2014, 16:08 PM

Good, but need guard buff and Stuka nerf.
31 Oct 2014, 16:18 PM

wow nice mod
Can I suggest increase Kingtiger Kwk43 88/L71 Penetration value ?
check from coh2stats This Gun lower Penetration than Panther 75/L70 It is ok ?
31 Oct 2014, 16:22 PM

I think the usf mortar ht needs to be looked at too , maybe bring it along the lines of the ost one ?
31 Oct 2014, 16:26 PM

Perfect thing. Well done.
31 Oct 2014, 16:33 PM

Permanently Banned
easy eight non-doc prsss

t34/85 to replace t34/76

tiger non-doc

nurf obers to the ground

paras non-doc in t4. usf needs more elite infantry

increase health armor and penetration of jackson
31 Oct 2014, 16:33 PM

so although i subscribed to the mod, it simply wont show up ingame at all. anyone got any ideas why?
31 Oct 2014, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 16:22 PMkafrion
I think the usf mortar ht needs to be looked at too , maybe bring it along the lines of the ost one ?

Obviously, this thing sucks. It always misses by a mile even when firing from close range.
31 Oct 2014, 16:49 PM

We can only play that mod with friend, what about enlarging my Friendlist, who wants to play the mod?
31 Oct 2014, 17:14 PM

OKW minesweeper radius increased to match other factions
Enabled attack ground on 222 20mm
OKW combat blitz speed bonus from +100% to +50%, received accuracy modifier from -50% to -25%
Improved Jackson acceleration, deacceleration and rotation rate slightly to make it less of an Elefant mobility wise. Speed not changed.
Reduced vet requirements for Stuka zu Fuss, LEIG, Sturmtiger by 20% because these units pretty much always fail to reach more than vet2 even in very long games.

Partysans! Partisans always spawn with SVTs and can instantly upgrade to either SMG or LMG now, and cloak while stationary in cover. Also added hold fire. AT partisans not changed for now because I felt there was a bit too much cheese potential with their full power AT weapons if they were given similar abilities.
31 Oct 2014, 17:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

have you slept since mod tools were released? :)
31 Oct 2014, 17:23 PM

It is pretty neat that this community patch is going to become the defacto tournament mod in the near future.
31 Oct 2014, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 10:39 AMCruzz

No, the original implementation was that guards and shocks replaced penals in the build menu.

Is it possible to make call ins be built from the HQ instead of replacing another unit? I know this would still mean tech wasn't required but at least the unit would have to be built.
31 Oct 2014, 18:07 PM

For partisans I would first try to leave them as they are, but get rid of their accuracy penalty, so they actually shoot bullets and not pea.

Also, try the thing with guards! No PTRS on spawn, buy-able PTRS OR DP-28s, increased effectiveness of both as they can't be combined anymore, button on DP-28s obviously, this is a change I would LOVE to experiment with.
31 Oct 2014, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 18:07 PMKatitof
For partisans I would first try to leave them as they are, but get rid of their accuracy penalty, so they actually shoot bullets and not pea.

Their weapons are just bad, not that they have some inherent accuracy penalty. I think being able to actually choose what flavor of partysan you get is pretty important, they might still suck but atleast you know how much they'll suck at the range you want to use them on now.

Also, try the thing with guards! No PTRS on spawn, buy-able PTRS OR DP-28s, increased effectiveness of both as they can't be combined anymore, button on DP-28s obviously, this is a change I would LOVE to experiment with.

Afraid of it just turning into guard spam galore if I give the option to have 6 guys of them pewpewing with guard mosins and then give them more powerful dp28s on top of that. I really don't want to spread the axis meta over to the soviets as well ;)
31 Oct 2014, 18:26 PM

Good argument for partisans, but that changes nothing for irregulars really.

Back to guards-on a second thought, DPs could stay as they are, not having PTRS would be advantage enough. Not really sure what could be done to make them relevant as AT or stop them being weapon pinatas against infantry.

Now, for the doctrines, would it be possible for soviet defensive doctrine to make it so conscripts can also place light AI mines? Even without changes to the rest of the doctrine, it would greatly increase viability of it.
31 Oct 2014, 18:44 PM
Patrion 15

I really like a lot of the ideas here, especially the aspects regarding the soviet tech restructure. I also love that partisans are getting a little love, as I think it's a cool play style for the faction. ISU and Jagd could get nerfed into oblivion for all I care.

However, I do think it's a little silly that when Relic releases patch notes they are damned before even going live and getting a chance to play it, and when Cruzz does the same everyone praises it like it's gospel. I guess it's understandable that a clean slate and wide eyed optimism are much preferred over the track record of Relics patches.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Australia 19
United States 14
Russian Federation 10
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W