Login

russian armor

New balance changes

• This thread is locked
18 Apr 2013, 11:03 AM

I really have mixed feelings about the new approach to balance. While I definitely see the point in basically mirroring the stats on comparable vehicles on either side in achieving easy balance, I wonder where the specific feel of coh units will be.

IS-2 has basically the same values as the tiger now, su-85 is a stug, but with slightly slower fire rate and so forth.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong on the values.

Has anyone else felt the same about that kind of balance approach? How is it dealt with in other rts?
Raz
18 Apr 2013, 11:18 AM

If you put in mirror matches it's bye bye to the assimetrical balance. Which imho is awfull. One of the major reasons I fell in love is because of the assimetrical balance, wehr vs ami, that's just epic. Not only do they have different skins, skills, but they play a lot differently too.

In short, I'm not too thrilled about this new aproach.
18 Apr 2013, 15:26 PM
Senior Caster Badge

The game already has a bit of a homogeneous feel because you can't alter your teching path very much and the choice of commander doesn't make as big of a difference as the choice of one side or another of a doctrine, so it's strange to see them go even further in this direction.
18 Apr 2013, 15:50 PM

I would be ok with creating simple "tiers" for vehicles, although that's already pretty lazy.

But mirroring those tiers across factions, when you only have TWO factions?!

People were complaining about only having US vs WM all those years and those factions were actually unique.
18 Apr 2013, 16:27 PM

I presume Relic is trying to homogenize vehicles/tanks so that they can collect comparative data on each match-up. It allows them to analyze more clearly what each faction is lacking- and abundant in, which will, in turn, facilitate more systematic and precise balance adjustments.

I'm pretty sure that this approach to balance is only preliminary, as it would rob the game of most of its flavor. Having the following just wouldn't be fun: Elephant=ISU152, Tiger=IS2, StugIII=SU85, PIV=T34, and etc.
20 Apr 2013, 22:48 PM

I'm wondering if the Russians are going to get some decent AT-guns...
20 Feb 2019, 19:54 PM

20 Feb 2019, 20:45 PM
Donator 11

I think the new balance changes are very good

1/10, too easy to realise it's a troll necro :banned:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 116
unknown 14
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #