Login

russian armor

My Guide on Axis Fanboys

10 Oct 2014, 16:53 PM

It would be nice if...

1. Unit with role is being designed - one faction can counter said unit well, and the other cannot at all - unit is not designed, and something else takes its place.

Instead, it is...

2. Unit with role is being designed - one faction can counter said unit well, and the other cannot at all - good enough, unit is put into game, use other faction's help to counter unit, and if all one faction/ playing 1v1, then too bad.

As well as: new faction units being designed - faction is not given units that match well/counter existing faction units. Derpy imbalance ensues, and queue several patches changing and undoing changes because of lack of foresight in design.

10 Oct 2014, 16:57 PM
Donator 33

Well I don't like it when people are snarky about ranks. But experienced AT'ers in a myriad of different combinations only ever playing placement games? It's not exactly going to repel victories.....
10 Oct 2014, 17:29 PM

Well I don't like it when people are snarky about ranks. But experienced AT'ers in a myriad of different combinations only ever playing placement games? It's not exactly going to repel victories.....

You would be surprised :D Even ATs have trouble once multiple KTs, Jagdtigers, Schreck Blobs, and Obers roll out

not saying u are a bad player. yet u need to play all factions..

dont take this the wrong way.

u need to have many games with all factions. ur eyes will be opened

it's okay. people tell you to play more factions. Now you are telling me to play more factions. I guess everyone needs someone to shit on.
10 Oct 2014, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 17:29 PMNinjaWJ

it's okay. people tell you to play more factions. Now you are telling me to play more factions. I guess everyone needs someone to shit on.

I see you took it the wrong way... :foreveralone:
10 Oct 2014, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 17:29 PMNinjaWJ

Listen, man, I can consider myself an Axis fanboy because I like playing with Axis more. I played with Ostheer more than I played with soviets, I played OKW more than I played USF. But enev if you don't like an army it's just unfair for u not to play it. Hell, you paid money to play that army too (as someone said). More than this, you may discover at the other side a faction u like. For instance, I can play 1000 games with soviets, I will still hate them :P. But I found USF interesting and challenging.
Now here comes the best part: even if I am an Axis fanboy, I hate to have an unworthy victory just because of bad balance. I am not happy when I win like that. A victory must be properly deserved.
Fanboyism should not come with blindness. It's ok to be a fanboy, it's completely wrong to be biased.
10 Oct 2014, 20:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

ninja. don't try to divide the player base.

play all factions

I honestly cant take u seriously. u have over 600 post yet have miserable stats.

I don't want to sound like an ass. yet, YOU NEED TO PLAY MORE. GET BETTER

I have the feeling that u are a forum lurker

It's been said before, but I will say it again

http://www.coh2.org/topic/24745/win-lose-ratio-from-15.9.--25.9.2014-much-more/post/223704

First they looked at my player card, and they told me I only played one faction, so my opinion didn't matter

Then I played all factions, but they told me I only played team games and the balance is around 1v1, so my opinion didn't matter

Then I played 1v1, but they told me I wasn't good enough because the game is balanced around top players so my opinion didn't matter

Then they looked at the top 200 players across all factions and all games modes, and they said this wasn't accurate because it doesn't reflect the game as a whole

But it didn't matter because I'd long since stopped listening to these idiots who will always find a reason to reject things they dislike
10 Oct 2014, 21:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 16:26 PMNinjaWJ

Check my AT Ratchet. I have even played with you. I have about 200 games played. I don't own WFA by the way. My stats are actually quite good. I think I am about 100-78 so more than .500 win rate as a 4v4 Allied player (with a handful of games as Ostheer).

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198007445384
10 Oct 2014, 21:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Thread = dead

finally
10 Oct 2014, 21:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

warning!

Disclaimer: This is supposed to be funny. Don't take it too personally :D. I could make one on Allied fanboys too so there isn't bias :). Feel free to add whatever you think of.

(forgot to post yesterday so making it today)
saw the title got excited then i read this ^ :(

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 19:45 PMOhme
The post was meant in jest, even if it wasn't all that amusing. There is no need for people to come in here and act a fool. Many of you take balance issues too personally.

Losing or winning a game as [insert faction] does not mean it's balanced or unbalanced.

The number of games someone has played does not necessarily make their point invalid.

Pretending you're a master debater by calling out other peoples fallacies (while simultaneously using them yourself) does not automatically make them wrong, and you right.

I am tempted to lock this thread, but my faith in you lot is great, if ill-advised. Keep it together folks.

then i thought id give you all a reminder and discovered that had already been done.

11 Oct 2014, 00:27 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 18:17 PMJohnnyB

Listen, man, I can consider myself an Axis fanboy because I like playing with Axis more. I played with Ostheer more than I played with soviets, I played OKW more than I played USF. But enev if you don't like an army it's just unfair for u not to play it. Hell, you paid money to play that army too (as someone said). More than this, you may discover at the other side a faction u like. For instance, I can play 1000 games with soviets, I will still hate them :P. But I found USF interesting and challenging.
Now here comes the best part: even if I am an Axis fanboy, I hate to have an unworthy victory just because of bad balance. I am not happy when I win like that. A victory must be properly deserved.
Fanboyism should not come with blindness. It's ok to be a fanboy, it's completely wrong to be biased.

big words from a man who seems to deliver a valid message. yet from a man who almost never agree to any of allies' buff when most agree that allies are obviously underpowered... from a man who judges others by their playercard but won't show his own.

btw where's ss heini. i swear i feel him in spirit though.

I had a great laugh.

not as much as me when i read 't0-t4 is possible for osteer in 3v3+' (paraphrased) from you with your playercard stats.
11 Oct 2014, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 00:27 AMpigsoup

big words from a man who seems to deliver a valid message. yet from a man who almost never agree to any of allies' buff when most agree that allies are obviously underpowered...

I was wrong thinking the oposite and I admit it in several of my posts where I agreed to Pershing, I requested lower prices for USF comanders, I said USF is UP. I can't say the same thing about soviets though.
If you just want to flame someone, you didn't find the proper way. HF.
And who the fuck is this heini that I hear about from some while? I didn't see one phrase wrote by that man on this forum.

11 Oct 2014, 06:35 AM

SS Heini, hahahahah XD
11 Oct 2014, 06:40 AM

To further our research in the fanboy department.. Let us break down the anatomy of dat fanboy..

Your welcome.
11 Oct 2014, 07:35 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 06:12 AMJohnnyB

I was wrong thinking the oposite and I admit it in several of my posts where I agreed to Pershing, I requested lower prices for USF comanders, I said USF is UP. I can't say the same thing about soviets though.
If you just want to flame someone, you didn't find the proper way. HF.
And who the fuck is this heini that I hear about from some while? I didn't see one phrase wrote by that man on this forum.

i know you do rarely favour allies. that is why i said "almost never agrees...." i wasn't flaming. just stating facts 'bout you that i do not admire.

sorry about the ss heini remark. you just sound really like him but i ll retract whatever i can about making that comment.
11 Oct 2014, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 00:27 AMpigsoup

not as much as me when i read 't0-t4 is possible for osteer in 3v3+' (paraphrased) from you with your playercard stats.

Its possible and i pulled it off multiple times. Whats wrong with my stats?

Your reply sounds like a desperate attempt to "reply back".

Fact is that he mentions things that he cant prove...
In fact, its under or about 100 games total with the majority being random 4v4's and Soviet as the only played faction.
11 Oct 2014, 10:01 AM
Patrion 14

Its possible and i pulled it off multiple times. Whats wrong with my stats?

Your reply sounds like a desperate attempt to "reply back".

Fact is that he mentions things that he cant prove...
In fact, its under or about 100 games total with the majority being random 4v4's and Soviet as the only played faction.

for some reason, i cannot find your quote about "I had a great laugh". maybe it got invised.

anyway, yes i get desperate to reply when someone is being an overtly hypocritical.

you condescendingly laughed at ninja because he made an absurd remark without having an appropriate playercard stat that might actually prove ninja knows what he is talking about.

yet you did the same thing not that long ago... you know, the one you said about how going t0-t4 with osteer is very possible in 3v3+ when you have very little 3v3+ experience (your best rank 3v3+ is 108 as of now, which you gained by winning 10 provisional rounds... not that impressive rankwise imho). i find that comment absurd and just plain "out there" in terms of implausibility from having more than ~1140 games 3v3+. fact is that YOU ALSO mention things that you can't prove but only can blurb out again and again.

if you've done it many times, you done it many times against noobs who has no idea or no brain whatsoever.

p.s. have the last words if you will but i won't reply. think i derailed this topic long enough.
raw
11 Oct 2014, 10:13 AM

If anything at all the thread helps to identify who is a true allie fanboy.

I am an allie fanboy.

11 Oct 2014, 21:33 PM

Had too... was browsing some funneh pictures and I ran into this
11 Oct 2014, 21:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 10:01 AMpigsoup

for some reason, i cannot find your quote about "I had a great laugh". maybe it got invised.

I have checked -and yes,a fellow Mod invised it. Sorry for the confusion caused :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★