Login

russian armor

USF Riflemen AT Grenade

7 Oct 2014, 05:35 AM

Does anyone else think the Rifle AT grenade from the USF fraction should not have the minimal range ring? Its really annoying when it comes to trying to save an US vehicle from getting run down by an axis vehicle that zips by a rifle squad who could of stopped it had it been for the minimal range bubble (PUMA, and OST SC mainly or that panther that is running down a Sherman or TD). I believe cons and the pfraust do not need a minimal range to be used unless it has been changed since the release of WFA. I am not sure if the OKW version on fusiliers has the same issue. I mean its a vet one ability it should at least snare stuff right off the bat if they are right on top of the riflemen.
7 Oct 2014, 06:22 AM

Permanently Banned
I recommend not playing usf until they are in a better place
7 Oct 2014, 06:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I have no idea why this minimum range exists. To encourage axis player to shove rifles around with their light vehicle? Seems pretty dumb. I wish rifle nade had longer range to compensate but whatever.
7 Oct 2014, 06:28 AM

The AT rifle nade is just plain troublesome to use. If's as if the thing was launched by a spring instead of blank rounds. :/
7 Oct 2014, 07:16 AM

gimme mah sticky bombs back
7 Oct 2014, 07:16 AM
Patrion 15

I get hit by Panzerfaust even when I've moved out of range every game but USF rifle grenade have min range and it won't fire when the target goes out of range. Pretty fair in my opinion...

They can bounce your AT grenades but you won't be able to, whatever.
7 Oct 2014, 09:18 AM

They also need to change the animation so that its more obvious that the ability is actually working. At the moment, a lot of the time you just kinda hit the button and hope to see the engine damage icon after a few seconds.
7 Oct 2014, 12:43 PM

They also need to change the animation so that its more obvious that the ability is actually working. At the moment, a lot of the time you just kinda hit the button and hope to see the engine damage icon after a few seconds.
They should just give them the same animation as the gren's rifle nade.
7 Oct 2014, 15:40 PM

I recommend not playing usf until they are in a better place

Its tough but I still play purely USF. Some games its a complete shutout with kubals and LMG Gren blobs followed by a Tiger Ace, other games net me satisfying wins vs OKWs and OSTs. I have some how mange to stay up there on the ladder.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 06:23 AMRomeo
I have no idea why this minimum range exists. To encourage axis player to shove rifles around with their light vehicle? Seems pretty dumb. I wish rifle nade had longer range to compensate but whatever.

I agree remove the minimal range requirement and boost the range or something? Right now its a grab bag.

One way to change it would also to be removing it as a vet 1 ability for rifles and allowing it to be researched much like the cons AT nade. Replacing something else for vet 1 for rifles with another perk or vet bonus to improve their scaling into the late game or increasing their mid to late game performance.

Allowing it to be research as a global upgrade for rifles would help deal with the kubal in the early game allowing a successful flank followed by a vehicle snare device to end a kubal. Along with helping USF players who go T1 to have some type of reliable AT.

For me right now the I am forced into getting a M20, kill the kubal and try reclaim the initiative. However a smart OKW will of gone for a Puma and that thing will be out on the field in a minute or so after I field the M20. Most of the games I am stuck with playing hide and seek with my M20 and a puma trying to get it to hit some mines or get snared by my crappy rifle AT nades and tech to CPT to get out an AT gun to give me reliable AT and then begin my push on the OKW. I actually end up teching all 3 Tiers during my games now...... T1 for the M20 to fight off the kubal and get the map back, T2 for AT, and T3 for a Jackson or Sherman depending on what the OKW/OST does. Arty is handled by using the infantry company and calling in a Mortar HT after I get an AT gun and later on a priest.

gimme mah sticky bombs back

I do miss those heat seeking sock bombs.
7 Oct 2014, 15:52 PM

I agree 100%. This is compounded by the fact that abilities will sometimes not go off, or cancel themselves. I can easily tell when a gren puts away his rifle and pulls out a panzerfaust, it's extremely difficult to tell at a glance if my rifleman is actually shooting an AT nade.
7 Oct 2014, 15:53 PM

>Rifle-launched AT projectile

>Shortest-ranged AT snare in the game
7 Oct 2014, 16:05 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 15:53 PMVolsky
>Rifle-launched AT projectile

>Shortest-ranged AT snare in the game

Game balance > Historical accuracy, AKA relic's way of removing any advantage allies have
7 Oct 2014, 16:12 PM

^Of course.

Hey, let's make the Garand super crap at medium/long range, like vCoH! That will surely balance them (the Axis players can't complain about Rifles competing at long range!)
7 Oct 2014, 16:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Actually this is one of the few grenade abilities USF has that reliably goes off 100% of the time. While the animation is basically non-existent, you still get a UI indication on the ability button itself. So really it's your opponent that suffers the most from this.
7 Oct 2014, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 16:23 PMRomeo

Actually this is one of the few grenade abilities USF has that reliably goes off 100% of the time. While the animation is basically non-existent, you still get a UI indication on the ability button itself. So really it's your opponent that suffers the most from this.

AT rifle grenade is reliable? Que puma driving up to my rifle squad; i activate rifle grenade in hopes to cripple it. The ability starts flashing, but my rifles sit there and do nothing. Eventually, puma drives around and escapes. My riflemen are still standing there doing nothing, and commanding them to move stops the "active" AT grenade. It constantly bugs out like this in many games. The vehicle is in range, but my rifles just dont do anything when i activate the ability. It looks so stupid when they sit around for 15 seconds like that.
7 Oct 2014, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 16:23 PMRomeo

I'm pretty confident that I've seen the riflemen at nade fail to launch one time on a kubel.

Don't worry I'm still your #1 fan. :)
7 Oct 2014, 16:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Hasn't happened to me that I can recall. However I believe the puma can cancel a rifle grenade that's aiming by popping smoke.

Certainly way better than trying to throw grenades with paratroopers.
7 Oct 2014, 19:10 PM

AT rifle grenade is reliable? Que puma driving up to my rifle squad; i activate rifle grenade in hopes to cripple it. The ability starts flashing, but my rifles sit there and do nothing. Eventually, puma drives around and escapes. My riflemen are still standing there doing nothing, and commanding them to move stops the "active" AT grenade. It constantly bugs out like this in many games. The vehicle is in range, but my rifles just dont do anything when i activate the ability. It looks so stupid when they sit around for 15 seconds like that.

I think the ability is canceled because the puma enters the minimal range bubble of the rifles about to shoot the AT grenade. Only reason I can think of that would cause the ability to be canceled. I have had this happen numerous times where an SC or Puma charges through my screen line of rifles to run down my M20 or Mortar HT.
7 Oct 2014, 19:15 PM

Permanently Banned
I'd say I roughly have a 50% success rate using the Riflemen's AT Grenade.
7 Oct 2014, 20:13 PM

I'm not so sure on the 100% activation rate. There's very little visual indicator of it, and the time from the command issued to the actual engine damage can vary anywhere from 2 seconds to 5 seconds, if at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 18
unknown 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak