Login

russian armor

Issue Tracker

17 Nov 2014, 09:26 AM

I was afraid off that, I think you are doing a good job and I like the trello.
But such an infected topic as balance there is always a risk, just by the mere fact that the grading is subjective this might cause a drop in confidence for the tracker.
Or that the subject grading is used to disgard the Issue tracker.

Its also really hard to find something concrecte and objective instead. posts on a thread is not going to work, an obvious majot issue will have very few posts because there will be a lack of discussion, a minor issue might have a tonne of posts just because someone derailed it.

Might there be the ability to add a vote also for the type of issue? So atleast the subjectivity is spread to more individuals? But maybe that isn't the way to go either. Im just trying to brianstorm here.
18 Nov 2014, 08:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I was afraid off that, I think you are doing a good job and I like the trello.
But such an infected topic as balance there is always a risk, just by the mere fact that the grading is subjective this might cause a drop in confidence for the tracker.
Or that the subject grading is used to disgard the Issue tracker.

If you don't trust the issue tracker to give an accurate depiction of balance issues in the game then utilize it only to monitor bugs, or not at all. If your concern is that relic will not implement changes or fixes based on it, I assure you that they don't and never will so that is irrelevant. It is purely a useful source of information for the community that relic may take an interest in. If you don't view balance issues as useful information, filter those cards out.

Its also really hard to find something concrecte and objective instead. posts on a thread is not going to work, an obvious majot issue will have very few posts because there will be a lack of discussion, a minor issue might have a tonne of posts just because someone derailed it.

This really doesn't even matter that much. There are multiple columns because it would be stupid to put all the cards in one huge column. Should I rename them to issues, more issues, and even more issues? If it's unclear which column a card belongs in then just leave it where it is.

Might there be the ability to add a vote also for the type of issue? So atleast the subjectivity is spread to more individuals? But maybe that isn't the way to go either. Im just trying to brianstorm here.

No, this is not possible.
18 Nov 2014, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2014, 08:15 AMRomeo

Check above.

You missunderstand me. It is not that I don't trust it. It is that in discussion that are so infected as balance discussions it is hard enough to get people to agree on anything. Im worry about the fact that you alone have the power to classify an issue as major or minor there is a risk this might be used to disregard the trackers by either side of the discussions.

I felt this might be percieved as an issue and cause people not to use it. If you've put in effort into building this structure you want people to use it right?
Just trying to bring some constructive critisism in order to improve on your idea.

In the second and third quote I just try to get a discussion going on what an alternative would be to classify a percieved issue.
And I bring up numbers of posts about the issue and why this probably won't work because at a glance it to me seemed like the most obvious.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★