Login

russian armor

OKW rework story

9 Oct 2014, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 14:45 PMQmotion
OKW is fine as it is, no need for a rework

Yeah, it would be a pity if your 38+ streak as axis was ruined.
9 Oct 2014, 13:36 PM

Enough is enough, after nerf OKW is again unplayable against M3 spam in 1v1.

Ostheer becomes boring after being forced to Close Air Support LMG spam or lose, I go back to COH1 until patch.

It is far more interesting and exciting to play, instead of CRAZY vet2 Rifles or M3 raping my early game regardless my opponent skill. :/
9 Oct 2014, 13:51 PM

KT nerf, lol. Dat one is gutten :snfPeter:
9 Oct 2014, 14:05 PM

I am gettign tired of this, people who play exclusively Allies in 4v4 are full of complains against OKW, yet they probably never played single game in 1v1 or 2v2 with Axis. Do you realize the Mighty Kubel is not everything right?! M3 raping early OKW play and you cant do anything except trying to rush Puma (hf if you no fuel point) or rely on Raketeren (jk, nobody do that).
In mid game you might get overhelm by T34 spam/Supported with Shermans/Jacksons.. And u might have like 3 volks with schrecks and 1 Puma. Exactly happen to me 2 days ago. I build one Panther (Puma got destroyed by some mine+zis) which got swarmed by 2x T34/85 and like 4x T34/76.
OK, late game is very strong in right hands for OKW player, but for example, building KT gonna take around 22 minutes if playing solo/double OKW with 0 support from Wehrmacht from caches/Luftwaffe supplies, and you CANT make any single vehicle. OKW is just designed differently than any faction and ppl cant properly adapt how to play against it imho.
9 Oct 2014, 15:17 PM

How about YOU start playing some 1v1's

I was mainly reffering to 2v2, if you would read it more carefully. If you first you do is clicking my playcard you can notice i played more games for USA than OKW, so i am definately not biased.
9 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 15:17 PMsabra

I was mainly reffering to 2v2, if you would read it more carefully. If you first you do is clicking my playcard you can notice i played more games for USA than OKW, so i am definately not biased.

Clarify next time
9 Oct 2014, 17:16 PM

Enough is enough, after nerf OKW is again unplayable against M3 spam in 1v1.

Ostheer becomes boring after being forced to Close Air Support LMG spam or lose, I go back to COH1 until patch.

It is far more interesting and exciting to play, instead of CRAZY vet2 Rifles or M3 raping my early game regardless my opponent skill. :/

the Raketenwerfer need a buff, and I think vet rifle need a total rework.
9 Oct 2014, 17:57 PM

I did some cleanup about totally irrelevant discussion including interesting maths and understanding point the wrong way.

Let's keep in track.
12 Oct 2014, 03:05 AM

Why does OKW have to be designed in such a way that a resource penalty is necessary?

If OKW is too powerful with simply more resources, then isn't that indicative of a situation where (dis)advantages in gameplay, map design, and player skill are extremely amplified? It is, by definition, an unweildly task to balance. The design automatically makes the faction harder to keep in line.
12 Oct 2014, 03:21 AM

Why does OKW have to be designed in such a way that a resource penalty is necessary?

If OKW is too powerful with simply more resources, then isn't that indicative of a situation where (dis)advantages in gameplay, map design, and player skill are extremely amplified? It is, by definition, an unweildly task to balance. The design automatically makes the faction harder to keep in line.

I see the OKW situation as problematic. Since USF, OSt, and USSR receive the same income rate, attention would be focused on how strong/weak their units are. However, the OKW design as a resource-strapped elite faction makes balance even more difficult. Besides unit buffs and nerfs, Relic has to decide, much more than other factions, on if OKW units stats are justified by their retarded income rate.
12 Oct 2014, 10:31 AM

Permanently Banned

Its thier faction design.
12 Oct 2014, 10:42 AM

Its thier faction design.

And it is bullshit.
12 Oct 2014, 12:26 PM

2 Fuel from salvages?
I would never salvage anything again having in mind that my units could be fighting this time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★