Login

russian armor

Was Kubel OP before the buffs

29 Sep 2014, 04:58 AM

I know the recent patch reverted some of the buffs. I want to know if the kubel was OP before the September 9th patch that gave it many buffs.

I sometimes saw the Kubel before the big buff patch, however i saw it a ton more after the buffs. Was it OP before the buffs, or is it a classic case of everyone jumping on the "popular unit" bandwagon? Was it a "hidden gem" that no one used?
29 Sep 2014, 05:13 AM

It was always very strong but because of derped pathing no one really used it. Now that relic fixed pathing kubel has much easier time doing everything it needs to.
29 Sep 2014, 06:33 AM

I think after it got it;s health buffs it was fine. It's just a hard to keep alive so players who aren't so good get them killed easily, while good players could make great use of them. Even before the patch I believe they were the strongest early game unit potential wise.
29 Sep 2014, 06:55 AM

To be honest, I just think America needs the 50 Cal to be t0 and it shall be fine. Since now, they just cant counter it.
29 Sep 2014, 09:09 AM

To be honest, I just think America needs the 50 Cal to be t0 and it shall be fine. Since now, they just cant counter it.

I agree, they should just have a 50.cal jeep with exactly the same stats.
29 Sep 2014, 09:46 AM

Kubel isn't OP anymore.

Don't blob, use cover, etc.

Ami players got used to making a huge 4-rifle blob and walking around raping everything. Now they have to break up their units to avoid group-suppression and they don't like it.

If you think it's bad, try dealing with flamer HT as OKW.

29 Sep 2014, 10:08 AM

Kubel isn't OP anymore.

Ami players got used to making a huge 4-rifle blob and walking around raping everything. Now they have to break up their units to avoid group-suppression and they don't like it.

Right use that cover, right up until the truck pushes you out. Not all maps have buildings that are useable either. Your "ZOMG Americans only blob" narrative falls apart with the top level players also saying it is too strong.

By flamer HT I assume you're talking about M3 Scout car with a flamer in it?

Build a raketenwerfer.
29 Sep 2014, 10:08 AM

Kubel isn't OP anymore.

You do realize that thing that made kubel OP in the first place, range was completely untouched, which means kubel is the only 'HMG' in game that can spot for itself and work completely self sufficiently against any infantry unit and that includes AT infantry?
29 Sep 2014, 10:19 AM

Kubel isn't OP anymore.

Ok, I have a video that shows OKW wires issue but as a bonus there is early-game Kubel push/locked down fuel. How would you counter it?

29 Sep 2014, 10:42 AM

Ok, I have a video that shows OKW wires issue but as a bonus there is early-game Kubel push/locked down fuel. How would you counter it?

Yup seen that move more times then I can count. The only thing I have come up with is to call in a assualt engi first and hide behind the little building. Since they are instant they can beat the kubel there and the kubel would have to get close since I keep hiding behind the building and they will shred it at that range.

That's about the only thing I have come out with, but I've seen others have success with M3 rushes since you can usually count on atleast one player to attempt it.

Still pretty bad that the enemy can beat you to and lock you out of your own fuel. If they send more then one you might as well give up. OKW's starting move is always so damn hard to deal with.
29 Sep 2014, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 10:08 AMKatitof

You do realize that thing that made kubel OP in the first place, range was completely untouched, which means kubel is the only 'HMG' in game that can spot for itself and work completely self sufficiently against any infantry unit and that includes AT infantry?

That sounds so fucking much like the maxim. enjoy the taste of the same poison mate?
29 Sep 2014, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 11:01 AMJaigen

That sounds so fucking much like the maxim. enjoy the taste of the same poison mate?

Since when maxim locks you down in first minute and cut off from fuel?
29 Sep 2014, 11:24 AM

Where the hell is a kubel any thing like maxim?

Its so funny that people think the shitest hmg in the game is op just because it doesnt just instently drop dead too the german glory.

29 Sep 2014, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 11:01 AMJaigen

Because maxim can't bleed, is faster then all other units at the time, can't be flanked by anything, got 50 sight range and automatically turns towards your units all while being supported by a free panzergrenadier squad with uber repair right? :loco:
29 Sep 2014, 12:23 PM

Kubel isn't OP anymore.

you can't be serious. A vehicle who sets up fast, cost no fuel, has huge sight, is very mobile, suppresses fast and doesn't bleed isn't OP anymore ?
Oh, and it takes like 3 zooka to bring the damn thing down ?

You should know that green cover doesn't work right, any squad with 5-6 member is likely to get suppressed regardless because of dumb AI stepping out or broken suppression mechanics.

I can't count anymore the time where i got conscripts suppressed behind heavy covers.
29 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM

SO was it a good unit before the buffs? Saw some threads asking for buffs or just pathfinding fixes.

I was thinking since it became super popular, everyone started using it which made it annoy the crap out of everyone
29 Sep 2014, 12:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

prepatch the kubels biggest enemy was the pathfinding. driving forward before reversing made it unusable.
The 35 range made it also a lot less effective
29 Sep 2014, 12:35 PM

Kubels would drop like flies to USSR scout cars
29 Sep 2014, 12:36 PM

One of our guys used to use it pre-patch and thought they were great. It is worth noting though he used to have deploy them two at a time at a single choke point supporting a squad of sturms. Generally they were stationary and used early doors to cut off early access to key points. None of our guys thought they were show stoppers to deal with early game though, they just required a bit more attention and thought to tackle. A useful starting strat unit that could catch people out but not the must-use unit they are now.
29 Sep 2014, 13:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Prepatch kubel was pretty bad. The pathfinding made it way too hard to use, and its short range made it much less survivable. Some very good players could make them work, but they got countered incredibly hard by the 0CP dodge. The M3A1 was also better vs it because its bad pathing and short range made it much easier to chase down.

I think it definitely needed some fixes/buffs, particularly for hunting soviet snipers, but now it is just ridiculous.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight